Ezdan Hotel
US$113
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
3,326 results
All reviewsezdan towertower receptionhouse keepingsports cafeswimming poolhousekeeping staffwest bayspecial thankslong stayfitness centerexcellent servicefront officelaundry servicelong termkeep up the good workroom servicehealth club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've stayed in Ezdan for over a year and still live there. The hotel is in a perfect location and the staff is always smiling and helpful. I find it expencive considering what you get for that value though. The furniture, linen and kitchen appliances are old and worn. There is always a shortage of towels. The internet is very weak and slow when there is internet because it stops working very often.Another huge issue here is the air condition. It can only be on, and turn the room to Siberia, or off, and we're back in Qatar. No temperature control.
The pool area is very beautiful. Large pool, plenty of places to sit and enjoy, nice cafeteria. But a lot of noise and dust. The works in that area never seem to end.
On the other hand, the gym is big and adequately equipped and the gym staff very helpful. I wish I knew the names of these young people to comment on their good work. What I asked for are the names of the room attendants Mr Roshan and Mr Kishan and their supervisor Mr Kawsar who are always smiling, keep my room clean and never say no when I ask for some more cleaning which is out of their ascribed duties. (like moving the fridge and the furniture or cleaning the windows).
The reception and security staff is also excellent. Always helpful, talkative and trying to cope with our complaints with a smile.

Room Tip: Corner suites with a sea view or a view to the pool are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Thank MyAthel .
Mary R, Customer Care Supervisor at Ezdan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

We are pleased to learn that you are enjoying your stay with us; however we are greatly concerned for note meeting your expectations in some criteria. I want to assure you we will share these with the concerned department, for time being please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can be of your assistance.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

As other reviewers mention, the hotel is not 5 star, but improvements are being made, although slowly. The decoration is tired and the furniture really has had its best years, but overall comfortable and clean. Respect to the cleaning staff (tower 3, Glenn and his team) keeping the place looking OK. The reception staff are all polite and helpful, although somewhat overworked sometimes. Security staff are always smiling and helpful too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mary R, Customer Care Supervisor at Ezdan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Mr. Robert,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

I want to assure you that the new management is working very hard to exceed guests’ expectations and I am delighted to inform you that we are currently renovating our hotel in order to enhance the overall product. Thank you for acknowledging the hospitality being shown by our colleagues and I assure you this type of positive review motivate us to shine more and more.

Again, your valued feedback is greatly appreciated and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I'm staying here for the last 3 years and would like to thanks to all for having wonderful time in the hotel...great position in the middle of Doha and great views to the Cornishe and the sea...twice a week thanking to Nelbert and Edlyn my room is cleaned throughtly, so I have to do nothing else :-)...if you are coming here, take towers one or four on higher levels to enjoy the sunrise and the beautiful sea view!!

Room Tip: 1509 in T4 :-)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Dejan,

Thank you for your loyalty to Ezdan Hotel and Suites. It is a great pleasure knowing you really are having a wonderful experience with us. We appreciate you highlighting our facilities and the recognition of our housekeeping team members. I want to assure you that we are committed to bring high standards of our products and services to achieve our goal to move Ezdan Hotel and Suites to the next level to exceed guests’ expectations.

It would be my pleasure to assist you during the remaining of your stay at Ezdan Hotel and Suites and I look forward to even meet you personally as well hopefully soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've just moved out of Ezdan after having lived there for two years, and thought it was time to leave an updated review!

Let's start with the obvious - Ezdan isn't a five star hotel, nor does it pretend to be. The accommodation is in parts a bit tired, and at times its felt like living on a building site while they were upgrading the pool (although I'm glad to say that the building works are almost over!).

HOWEVER: the location is fantastic, especially given the price you pay. The facilities in the hotel are great - large pool with plenty of loungers/seating/towers, good gym (two in fact - there is a separate small female gym in the women's changing rooms should you want some privacy) that also runs classes (more classes would be nice, but I suspect its somewhat dependent on how many people are using them), convenient grocery store (which isn't really more expensive than you'd pay in carrefour or the gas station, and is open from 7-11pm), and an ever increasing number of restaurants - I'd have to single out Ungaare for regularly feeding me great food over the last two years!

The staff are also very good - in particular, the girls at reception at Tower 1, the laundry department, and the limo service who I have found to be, without fail, cheery, polite and helpful even when I've been tired and in a foul mood! The "behind the scenes" staff also deserve a mention - particularly the sales/reservation department, and accounts (especially Mr. Shaban), who have been exceptionally courteous and warm in all my dealings with them.

Ezdan is by no means a palatial five star experience - but it doesn't pretend to be - the general manager (who is responsible for implementing the recent improvements, and is an absolute credit to the hotel and Ezdan in general) and the staff are aware of that and doing their best to get better, and in the two years that I've been living there, I have seen massive, massive improvements.

Would definitely recommend, particularly if the hotel continues to improve at the rate it is doing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Positive Ezdan Hotel and Suites experience; we appreciate your kind insights which highlighted your stay with us. I have shared your wonderful comments about our colleagues with the management and your experience at our facilities. We specially appreciate your patience while we were upgrading our facilities to provide a better experience for our loyal guests like yourself and truly achieve our goal of bringing Ezdan Hotel and Suites to the next level.

We look forward to welcome you back at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've stayed in Ezdan for about 3 month, the service is inconsistant and in most cases not good. Most of the staff members are really annoying and rude insome cases.
The rooms decoration is old and poor. Furniture quality is terrible, very cheap units. The shower in the standard room is good compared to the very small shower tub in the suite. The bathroom is smelly but to is well cleaned twice a week. Bathroom amenities are cheap and offered once for the whole duration of your stay, even tissues are not replaced when used!
All services are available in the Hotel so you don't have to go outside for a supermarket but be ready to get charged for nearly double what you're gonna spend elsewhere.
A/C is terrible, it's either very very very cold when you switch it on, or very hot when turned off. , it's just an on/off button where you don't have any control on the temperature, even the fan levels is not changing anything. Terrible!!
Safeboxes are in good condition, TV channels are fine, location is good, swimming pool, Sauna and Gym are nice and that's what made me stay in that hotel for that period.
My last advice, if you have somewhere else to stay in, do not spend your money on that awful place (Apart from the pool, Sauna and Gym).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sherif E

Dear Mr. Sherif,

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience while staying with us at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed some of our hotel facilities during your stay, but we are deeply concerned on not meeting some of your expectations. I want to assure you that we are taking your concerns very serious. The good news I want to share is that, the hotel’s management has recently signed a detailed contract with one of the leading company to renovate our product which definitely will reflect on the overall guests’ satisfaction.
Again, we are grateful for your feedback and hope you can visit us again, in the future.