“Ok hotel, but I'm sure there are better for better prices”
Review of Al Fares Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Damascus
Al Fares Hotel
Ranked #40 of 59 Hotels in Damascus
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I stayed at the Al-fares hotel with 2 other friends for 2 nights in September 2010. In short, it's an OK hotel, beautifully decorated, clean, room with AC (a bit noisy though). However me and my friends felt that it was slightly over-priced, especially since we were 3 people staying in a 2-bedded room, with one person sleeping on a make-shift mattress on the floor. In all fairness the period of time coincided exactly with the end of Ramadan, and all hotels seemed to be really busy. Also, the location is not so good. Even though it is in the city centre, its not that close to the old town of Damascus, about 20-30 minute walk to the Citadel, Umayyad Mosque, etc. It's an OK hotel and would recommend it, but I do think that there are many more similar or better hotels in Damascus which are of a better value and closer to the attractions of interest.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank laratabone

Been to Al Fares Hotel? Share your experiences!