“Excellent location, excellent rooms, excellent staff”

The Eclipse Boutique Suites
Ranked #75 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent location, excellent rooms, excellent staff”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I've just had another 2 week stay at the Eclipse while on business in Abu Dhabi, and would highly recommend it. The rooms are clean, well furnished and homely. I stayed in a deluxe suite which had a very comfortable sitting-room and a well equipped kitchen. The staff are polite and helpful. But the greatest thing for me is the location - it's 5 minutes walk to the new souk (good quality shops and restaurants) and 5 minutes walk to the corniche (great for morning runs, walks or swims!). And its easy to get anywhere else you need to on the island. Although it's well placed, it doesn't feel like the area is too hectic (unlike some of the other hotel apartments I have stayed in in Abu Dhabi). Generally a nice place to stay when in Abu Dhabi. I will certainly be staying here again soon!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Richard F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
NJ
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We had a great time during our 3-week-stay there. We stayed at the 2-room family suite which is very nice for the family. The location is perfect, right across from the Central Souk, next to the beach, and supermarket is close by. The front desk is very attentive and pleasant. The only glitch we had was the internet connection. It was out of service for a few times.
I do wish there was a pool though.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travelmomwithbaby
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I spent four days at the Eclipse this past weekend. It was my first time there and I had a great experience. I was in Abu Dhabi on business, but the proximity of the hotel to the Gulf is why I stayed at the Eclipse. I knew that I wouldn't have a lot of time to relax, so I wanted someplace where I could put on my running gear on be jogging on the Corniche in minutes and this was just the spot. The hotel itself is modern and clean, my room was large and well appointed (including a high quality iron and ironing board). The bed was very comfortable. At first I thought that there was a problem with the hot water, but after the first day my friend asked me if I'd flipped the switch to turn the hot water heater on, haha, rookie mistake. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I had to get a late checkout because a meeting was rescheduled on my last day and they let me keep the room until 3:30 with no extra charge. They gladly kept my luggage for me (while I went to the beach and had a two hour massage at the Zenzu Spa located on the 1st floor) until I left at 11:00 that evening for the airport for a 1:45 am flight back to the States. The Zenzu Spa was amazing! Coming back from the beach, I took advantage of the shower before and after my massage. The masseuse, who just recently emigrated to Abu Dhabi from China, was friendly, thorough, and professional. I must say that I'll be back to the Eclipse again next time I come to Abu Dhabi and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Philip G
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Honestly I do not know from where to start, the reception staff were too friendly and helped me alot (espicially Mr. Niel), the huge space inside my rooms, the location near the beach,...etc.
I am really enjoyed my residence in hotel and I suggest any one have family and searching for beautiful place to stay and discover Abudhabi to go to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank faizal1555
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Good for accommodation, good location, good customer services and housekeeping. It's very close to Marina Mall, so easy to go and have lots of fun there. Thank you all staff members at the reception for being friendly and supportive. I am sure I will see you soon.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Essam S
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Excellent location for a stay in Abu Dhabi because you are right in the heart of downtown next door to the newly rebuilt souk. It's quite hard to find suitable and affordable accommodation options when you are a family travelling with more than one child (or with kids over 12 years of age). Our suite had two bedrooms, a living room, good size bathroom and kitchen. Very helpful staff and convenient valet parking.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mick189932
Amsterdam
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I booked this place as I was there for a week as I needed to work from the hotel during the day and I wanted to have a kitchen and laundry to cook and wash clothes during my stay. The hotel room itself was great, very spacious and comfortable. The kitchen was a bit outdated, but they had most of the utensils needed to cook, although the knives were very very blunt (and I recommend these get replaced). The bedroom was large too and very comfortable.

I initially booked the executive suite but we were situated pretty close to the lift and the constant sound of the lift bell, which seemed to chime even though the lift wasn't even there, was annoying so I asked if we could change rooms, as I was trying to work. The staff were very helpful and they moved us to a different floor which was a bit more quiet. This room however was not the same size, as it didn't have the small office, and we asked about compensation since we paid for the bigger room. Since the room was already pre-paid they offered us breakfast for the rest of our stay, which worked out about the same price so we were happy enough.

The internet in the room was very good, and each room had its own wifi extender so I was able to work without any issues. The gym however was pretty basic, which was a bit of a shame, as I wanted to work out while I was there.

Overall, this is a great place to stay with very modern and comfortable rooms, a great location right next to the Corniche and great value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business