“Beautiful”

Ranked #172 of 2,071 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Price range: US$25 - US$70
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Immerse yourself in culinary delights at our award-winning Spanish restaurant. Providing outside seating and overlooking the Corniche, Bravo offers an array of traditional Spanish tapas and sangrias, served in a warm and cozy atmosphere.
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Its beautiful place. Lovely atmosphere. Romantic, even though I was with a friend. Theres lot in the menu, true spanish food.

We loved the live guitar playing. Richark play really good and his songs soothed our ears. He made us laugh. We had really good time.

My visit was from 11pm till 12. On April

3 Thank Sorlen
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Bravo, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Sorlen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, I was very happy to read that your friend and you had a nice evening in Bravo.

Richar is indeed a wonderful entertainer and a gifted musician; I am sure he will be pleased to read your comments.

I do hope we will welcome you soon again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance you may need from the hotel in the future.

Warm regards,

Yves Tarabout

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Bravo for the ambiance & music!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a must visit if you enjoy Sangria & Spanish music. The food is good with their new menu which is more extensive than the previous one. The ambiance is great. The highlight of the experience is their in house musician Richar, I have not heard better live music anywhere else in Abu Dhabi.
Do not miss out on this one.

Ashrei Mitra

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank ashrei m
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Bravo, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Ashrei M,

Thank you for your kind comments on “Bravo” our Spanish Tapas restaurant.

I am very happy to see that you like our new menu and our Sangrias.

I could not agree more when it comes to Richar’s music. He is a wonderful musician and a true gentleman.

I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you during a future visit.

Yves Tarabout
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Not really Spanish enough in food or atmosphere - Paraguayan musician saved it.”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

A last minute decision to dine out resulted in my wife and I trying out Bravo. Reviews on this site and others seemed to rate it pretty well and we fancied some tapas - my wife being Latin herself and we are both fans of the genre. Well, to be honest we were disappointed. The stand-out was - as previously mentioned by others - the Paraguayan singer and guitarist. I wish I could say the same for the food or even frankly the ambiance.

Firstly, it's a few hundred metres from the hotel proper and a little cold therefore in any kind of breeze at this time of year. Bring a shawl, ladies! The inside eating area is fairly basic and the addition of two guitars on two pillars and some vaguely Spanish looking decoration didn't really raise it very far above a fast food feel. I guess there were further clues - the mini hamburger on the menu appeared to be far and away the most popular dish looking round the restaurant.

The service was friendly but lacked any Latin or Spanish touch to help with the atmosphere.

It may have been partly what we chose - lots of different croquettes (very similar tasting), chorizo (quite hard), patatas bravas and two types of tortilla - but I found much of it lacking in taste. Could it be that most of these were simply microwaved? It felt like there was no-one in the kitchen who had any real idea how to cook real Spanish food (sorry if there is a Spanish chef!). The smoked salmon tortilla - to take one example - was a plain potato tortilla with some bits of cold smoked salmon thrown on the top! Really? We didn't try the paella that others have raved about - so if we ever do go back we might go for that instead - although my wife herself cooks a mean paella herself - so maybe not.

Ultimately, I doubt we will be back - unless we just go for a bottle of wine and listen to the music. Sorry, Bravo, just didn't do it for us.

PS. A bit mean not to be able to use an Entertainment voucher for the reason that none of the tapas are regarded as "a main course" (in which case there aren't many main courses on the menu!).

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank OliverPerth_WA
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Bravo, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Mr. Oliver Perth,

Thank you for posting a review of “Bravo” on tripadvisor.

Needless to say I was well disappointed that you did not enjoy the food offered as we would have liked you too.

We normally have very positive feedback on our Tapas and we obviously failed to deliver to your expectations on this occasion. Having tried most of the items on the menu I was surprised by your rating, especially with the “Croquettes” but I will make a point to go and try them again to ensure that we did not fail to maintain our normally high standards.

Your comments about Richar our Guitar player have been well noted and shared with him already. He does play with passion and enhances the atmosphere of the restaurant brilliantly.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and you may rest assured that we take such firsthand customer comments very seriously and use them to improve on our service delivery.

I do hope that you will give “Bravo” another chance and allow us to prove you that we normally deliver on the promise. Should you decide to do so, please contact me directly to make all arrangements and personally meet you on this occasion.

“Superb Paella!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Lovely night out with friends, excellent service from the staff and I had the best paella I tasted in Abu Dhabi, with seafood cooked to perfection. We were entertained very well by Richark with his guitar and cool music. The manager is very pleasant and did not fail to delight us ladies with some of his compliments of the night -- lovely tapas and free taste of other sangrias.It is surely a nice place to chill out and have some laughs with friends after a hard days work!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Scriptrix
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Bravo, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Scriptrix,

Many thanks for your review of Bravo, I am very happy that you enjoyed your evening with Raju and his team.

I think the comments you have made about Bravo are very relevant, a very nice place to meet up with friends for some good food and fun times.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future

Muscat, Oman
“Tapas Treat”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

A really pleasant dining experience. I was not really that aware of how many tapas two people would need but our waitress was extremely helpful. The spicy prawns were a particular favourite of mine. The complimentary gazpacho was also delicious, To top it all off we had a lovely bottle of red. I would certainly recommend eating at Bravo. Good service, food and wine while still offering value. Well worth a visit

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Alan K
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Bravo, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Alan,

Thank you very much for visiting our Bravo Restaurant and taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your evening with us and found the food & beverage as well as the service to your liking. I agree that our spicy prawns are one of the favorites, as I regularly escape the office to enjoy them myself. We are presently also introducing some new items onto the menu and will have them available for everyone as of next month. Should you be visiting Abu Dhabi in the future, we would love to welcome you back and have your feedback on the same.

Please reach out to me for any assistance you might require in regards to hotel reservation of restaurant tips for any future visit.

Martin Cramer