“Nice Little Oasis in Abu Dhabi”

One to One Hotel - The Village
Ranked #85 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Driving a car from Dubai, I was looking for a place easy to access with plentiful parking. No problem on either count. The Lebanese managed resort is both well run and low-key. Rooms are spread out among adjoining "villas". I was given a large but slightly dark irregularly-shaped room with good amenities. It was clean and the bathroom well-outfitted. It did have wireless internet access. I never did find a pool, but did not have much time for leisure. I got a very good internet rate and found it excellent value for money. Service was top notch. A surprise was the "beer garden" next door (obviously under the same management) which had a great vibe more typical of laid-back Beirut than sometimes rather uptight Abu Dhabi. Lots of Egyptians, Lebanese and Syrians smoking hokahs and yes, having drinks outdoors. The restaurant was wll-priced and food very good. Will attempt to stay when again in Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a brighter room via online enquiry or at reception. If available, I'm sure they wi...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank UKbanker33

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Stayed in On to One before and as always very helpful staff and very well furnished rooms. Got an upgrade as a returning guest. Breakfast was included in rate ( my rate anyway ) Would recommend it as a really nice hotel tucked away.

Room Tip: No real tip but since it is divided into "blocks" each one with about 8 rooms on (I think...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank HOTEL-CALIFORNIA-101
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The hotel is laid out in the format of a number of buildings or Villas. The rooms seem a bit disjointed but the overall layout works and the rooms are large with all the normal amenities. Some of the rooms and particularly the bathrooms feel a bit old when compared to other modern hotels in the UAE. Service is very good and the rates were quite reasonable. Unfortunately some of the bars and restaurants were closed as they have not received their alcohol license yet. Internet access via wifi is free but limited to the reception areas only. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers staying a short time in Abu Dhabi and looking for value for money. If on holiday rather look at a resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to reception or in the same building
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rakman
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We recently stayed at the One to One hotel for a few days while the Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was on. I would highly recommend this hotel as a good base for anyone visiting Abu Dhabi.

We arrived at 7am and thankfully our room was ready and waiting and there was no charge for the early check in. The rooms are very clean and confortable.
There are several resturants located in the complex so there is plenty of choice for food or you can just use the 24hr room service. If you are only staying for one night I would highly recommend the stake house resturant the food was fantastic.

The hotel is not located in downtown Abu Dhabi but it is very close to Abu Dhabi Mall and only costs 10 dhms by taxi to get to the mall from there you can grab a tour bus or go shopping. All the taxi drivers know where the hotel is so its very easy to get around.

For anyone visiting Yas Island for the formula 1 a taxi to the track only costs about 50 dhms about 20 mintues away.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
JessicaAsher, Public Relations Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for your kind recommendation we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with One to One Hotel. Yes, our Hotel is uniquely designed and centrally located and its ideal for business or leisure visitors, as either interest areas are just 10 mins away.

We look forward to welcoming you again.
Best Regards,
Jessica Asher

Reviewed 26 October 2011

was on a business trip and was booked into the hotel by my cousin who lives in Abu Dhabi. I had never heard of one to one and was a bit sceptical about staying there. On arrival, all my fears were set aside as right from the start, I was made so comfortable and everything was beyond my expectations. Staff were extremely courteous all the time. I had read a few negative reviews before and was expecting the worst. I could not find one thing I could fault, be it, room service,quality of the room, pool or the restaurants. The breakfast menu was far better than most hotels I have stayed at and they offer a wide variety. Best part is you can order something to eat 24/7. Value for money and I would definitely recommend it to all my family and friends.

Room Tip: I upgraded to the suite, for a little bit extra, it is definitely worth it!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank fahdfaisal
JessicaAsher, Public Relations Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2011

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know, you had a good experience and you enjoyed your stay with One to One Hotel - the Village. Yes, we may not be an international chain but stay unique in a special way by striving to give the our valued guests the best experience.

Thank you for your kind comments, will make sure to share it with our team.
Looking forward on welcoming you again,
Best regards,
Jessica Asher

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I booked this hotel strictly because of the location. I was really pleased with it though and would stay there again. For starters it was quite cheap. I found a special that was better than 50% off the full rate. There is plenty of parking (a rarity in AUH). The room was huge and I could have had a party for 20 in the bathroom it was so big. It was very clean and the staff were lovely. The bed was really comfortable with good pillows and nice linens. They offer both smoking and non-smoking rooms. The liquor license is expired at the moment, but that isn't an issue for me. The best part was that the restaurant next to the pool has shisha (water pipes). I love not having to drive around at night in order to cater to my addiction.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
JessicaAsher, Public Relations Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Firstly thank you for your comments about our property,
we are delighted to know that you had a good experience and indeed enjoyed most of the facilities.

Yes, the hotel is uniquely creatively designed to attract leisure and business travellers alike, ensuring quality standards and services to our valued guests. Apart from The Village Club (where you had shisha) we do have 4 more restaurants including 'Sennara' (seafood). I hope you got a chance to try each one of them during your stay.

We will share your feedback with our associates,
Look forward to welcoming you always,
Best regards,
Jessica

Reviewed 21 October 2011

I have stayed at One to One several times this year and find it has great service and is clean and tidy.
There are several good restaurants on site with a variety of cuisine for every taste.

They didnt have a non-smoking room available the last time I went but they did upgrade me at no extra cost.
It is very convenient for me for where I work but you need a taxi to get to the more interesting parts of the city - to compensate there are always taxis available.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments about our property, we will ensure to share the same with our associates.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay,
Hope you keep visiting us often,
Best Regards,