“Not good.”

One to One Hotel - The Village
Ranked #80 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I arrived at 7am and did not expect to be able to check in so early. After a bit of mucking around, Edwin(?) the young European reception staff said he could not find my booking (even though I booked via their own website). He hardly looked concerned because "Check-in wasn't until 2pm" anyway. Then the story changed to "All rooms were full last night" which I found a little hard to believe. I understand check in is never guaranteed until 2pm but I thought they may have helped to get a room ready for me as soon as they could. No such luck, it seemed too difficult for them to comprehend and to be honest he wasn't all that bothered by my situation.

On returning to the hotel at 1pm, I again surrendered my passport for check in etc etc and was told a room was still being cleaned. You would think they would have organised this sooner since they knew I had been here since 7am. The hotel was dead quiet so it seemed a little slack.

Upon accepting a SMOKING room, I unpacked and settled in only to find there was dry urine all over the toilet seat. It obviously hadn't been touched since the previous guests stayed. Given the extreme difficulty in nearly every request at this hotel I didn't even bother to ask for it to be cleaned - I did it myself.

I stay in various hotels every week and this was certainly one of the worst customer service experiences for a hotel that has such a good rating. No one made any effort to accommodate me whatsoever.

Room Tip: Stay in a better location.
1  Thank csp24
Julia_Jachowicz, Marketing Executive at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear csp24,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your most recent experience with us and thank you for choosing One to One Hotel- the Village during your most recent stay in Abu Dhabi.
We sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations and for the service you encountered with our front desk and housekeeping, as that is certainly not our standard.
We will certainly share the comments provided with our teams and take immediate action as we view feedback as areas for improvement.
Please allow us the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further,I may be contacted directly at julia.jachowicz@onetoonehotels.com
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again and hopefully change your impression of One to One Hotel- the Village.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Very boutique hotel, beds are comfortable, very spacious rooms. ı took the whole villa that comes wıth a private swimıng pool... staff was very helpful and friendly. We asked where we could find a vending machine with water, and complimentary was brought right up to our room. Left note for cleaning staff for extra supplies and we recevied our requests for the rest of stay no problem

Room Tip: try to book one villa. ıt comes wıth many additıonal values
1  Thank jean v

Dear jean v,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about your stay with us!
We are so pleased that you had a wonderful visit and thank you for leaving such a wonderful comment about our team, I’ll be sure to relay your comments to our staff!
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2012

I have just checked out of the one to one hotel and overall am pleased with it. Clean spacious room and good service

Pros:
Clean
Really good service
Large bright room
Free wifi
On site choice of restaurants
Comfortable beds
Large bathroom
Loads of wardrobe space
Flat screen tele' (pretty standard I know but it's a plus)

Cons:
The food is expensive for what you get, really rather expensive actually.
It's dry - no alcohol licence. There are bars all over Abu Dhabi so they can't use the excuse that its a no go. Everyone that I spoke to when told where I was said "oh, the dry one?". For a hotel of this supposed caliber there's really no excuse
It's a little remote and given the price of the food (I'm really not mean but 55ADH for a saucer plate sized seafood salad is extremely expensive even compared to the other 4* hotels in the area. The plate was tiny, like a side plate)

All in all I enjoyed my stay there and if your not interested in having any social life whatsoever where you're staying the one to one is really really good, not great but very nice indeed.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Julia_Jachowicz, Marketing Executive at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear Heathie8,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at One to One Hotel- the Village.
We are happy to hear that you found great comfort in your room and the service in the hotel, as we strive to maintain the highest standards of quality.
We are sorry to hear that your dining experience did not meet your expectation and hope you give us another chance to provide an experience worthy of our four-star rating. For an evening of entertainment, please visit our Lebanese Seafood Restaurant for Belly Dance performances or The Village Club for live entertainment every evening!
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed in the ONEtoONE hotel for 1 week, and what was different in this experience is that the hotel is in form of a village. Which gives me the feeling of being part of a community, not just a guest in a hotel. Although he was fully booked during my visit, yet the hotel seemed very quiet specially in the evenings. The food is nice, great value for money and the room service is super fast…… the villas interface are covered with stones which made me feel very much home… Their staff were very friendly and supportive and I felt how much they love their job from the way they were dealing with me and other guests… I will certainly come back and recommend this hotel to others…

Room Tip: Select a room on the first floor, close to the main restaurant and facing the swimming pool and the...

Dear Sami A,
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent experience at One to One Hotel- the Village! It is always a pleasure to hear from a guest who greatly enjoyed their stay with us and would highly recommend our hotel to other travelers. We are delighted to hear that our staff was able to make you feel at home during your stay and look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Abu Dhabi!

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Cleaning/houskeeping is not good, some of the furniture/door need maintenance, suffered from 1 hour power faliure, the TV channels is not as as written in the list

AC control panel is not working easly

1  Thank Alaa Eldin R
Julia_Jachowicz, Marketing Executive at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Dear Alaa Eldin R,
Thank you for taking the time to review One to One Hotel- the Village. We regret to hear that your stay was not up to your expectation.
We will spend time to take a closer look into the areas that you have touched upon to look at ways that we can improve upon and ways in which we can make our services more accessible to you.
We do hope for the opportunity to welcome you back again, and hopefully to change your impression of One to One Hotel- the Village.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I booked this hotel because the concept sounded great and the reviews were good. The staff are excellent, the rooms are lovely, but you hardly see any other guests because of the 'village' style layout, and it can feel a bit like you are th eonly guest in the place. If you want quiet relaxing place, not near to shops or other facilities, then this hotel is perfect, but I found it a bit lacking in environemnt and atmosphere, especailly as I had one free day with nothing to do.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MarkLondonMEt

Dear MarkLondonMEt,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your recent experience with us!
I am happy to hear that our staff provided you with the excellent service that we strive for and that you found comfort in your room!
At the Village, we look to provide our guests with a home away from home ambiance- a calm and relaxing atmosphere; good for a time away to refresh or to come with your family and children. Therefore, depending on the time of day, different areas of the hotel become busy.
Thank you again for your comments, we truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back during your next visit to Abu Dhabi!

Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here twice in 6 week period on recommendation of trusted travel agent but was disappointed in comparison to other places we have stayed in UAE to break a 24hr journey with small kids (as opposed to wanting to see Abu Dhabi).

Pros:
*Nice staff - great help with luggage
*Room service curry special was really delicious
*All other food was lovely too
*Big pool area with slides great for kids (if open)
*Hotel did waive the room service charge incl meal when I complained (see cons below)
*Free wifi (as it should be nowadays)
*Nice rooms/shower room & comfy bed (as you'd expect)

Cons:
*Check in & out slow
*Restaurants atmosphereless
*Not enough towels ether time and they were a very grey white.
*Lebanese restaurant replaced by seafood restaurant (we are vegetarian so disappointed)
*They have lost their liquor licence (a cool beer would have been nice when we arrived at night the first time)
*Big pool closed on 2nd visit but rooftop pool 2m deep so no good for toddlers (only reason we returned)
*Too far from airport for stop over (but would be great for city stay)
*Car service they use unreliable and expensive (But hotel did cover cost when we had to wait 45mins)
*Non smoking room smelt smokey
*Had booked early check in 2nd time and so was charged in full from night before but the pre ordered baby cot & toddler bed still took a couple of hours to materialize so frustrating waiting to put tired kids to sleep.
*Paying 2 nights when there for 24 hours is annoying as there's an AD government 10% service charge & 6% tourist charge which is Not the hotels fault obviously but I think they should have a day rate too as presumably they do have transit passengers like us.

Wouldn't return if just stopping over.

• Stayed: October 2012
Julia_Jachowicz, Marketing Executive at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Dear Eire-ette,
Thank you for your valuable feedback and for choosing One to One Hotel- the Village during your stay in Abu Dhabi. We regret to hear that your stay at One to One Hotel- the Village was not up to your expectation.
It is always valuable for us to hear from our traveled guests on how we can improve, and hone in on the fine details that set us apart and we thank you for identifying areas in which we can do better. We will certainly share the feedback provided with our teams, especially with regards to the staff and the room, as we view feedback as areas for improvement.