“Poor quality”

One to One Hotel - The Village
Ranked #79 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I am staying here for last 2 days Dining at room is very bad. Poor quality for cleaning rooms. English is bad for like 80% of people working Here. AC is noisy. Bath rooms services is very bad. They need to learn smiling is key of influence.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank M_A_kamel
Philippe H, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Mr. M_A_Kamel

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your last stay in One to One the Village.

We are always working on improving our service through guest feedback and experiences and have taken note of your comment and working on the same.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the hotel on another occasion, assuring you of the highest level of service.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Good for accommodation, good location, quite place, good customer services and housekeeping and very spacious. Thank you to all staff members, Ms. Tina of Sales dept.,at the reception for being friendly, supportive and upgrading us to a Junior Suite which is highly recommended. I will keep coming back to One to One Hotel. High speed internet

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 02cath
Philippe H, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Cath

Greetings from One to One the Village. Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to read that you had a pleasant and enjoyable stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This hotel is very nice, although located quite far from downtown -but it's a 10 minute ride on a taxi, very cheap.
The premisises are very good:
- a big pool, never too crowded
- an incredibly well equipped fitness room
- a very good breakfast

The problem in this hotel is the staff:
- first, we arrived very early in the morning, and we've been asked a fee (about 30€ each) for an early check-in. I can accept this, but when I asked to have a breakfast (since we were scheduled to check-out very early too, in a few days) they refused. Incredible!! I arrive at 7.30am, I pay to get a room that was anyway ready for me, and you don't even allow me to the breakfast despite the fact I won't have the last one? It'd never happened in a Hilton (e.g.).
- then, we've been given a room in the basement. Unacceptable, but the worst part has been the answer from the reception to my complaints: "It's spacious, with a big window"... yes but window gives on a wall!
- everytime we asked something to the concierge, they were wither too busy to answer, or they picked up the phone in the middle of the conversation with me, or they just didn't know what to say... they couldn't even suggest a nice restaurant.
Also at the pool, one day I spent something like THIRTY minutes waiting for someone to pay the two cocktails we had, and nobody even looked in my direction: there were three waiters in the restaurant area, but I couldn't go there with no slippers, and no one gave a glance at me for all the time!
So, I went back to my room, and when they called me one hour later to ask for the money, I got mad and told them I wasn't going to pay.

So, in the end, before going to this place, check if the management changed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veleno75

Dear Velona

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at One to One the Village.

We acknowledge your comments and always working to improve our service through our guests feedback and experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very homey ambiance not only for frequent travellers but for family too! Rooms / villas are spacious!
A great location, near to the malls, church & hospital.
Staff were friendly esp bell boy John Mark having his big smile! Thanks Ms. Dulce for your smooth & efficient check in, i think you should train the two other receptionist to wear their smile too. I highly recommend this hotel for both business & pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Vidzv

Thank you for your kind feedback and we are happy to read that you had a memorable stay with us here at One to One the VIllage.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the Future.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one day during my business trip.Most of all ,the staff at the reception are worst.I have seen in any hotel so far.The staff at the reception are uncouth very snobbish and extremely rude, they treat customers are trash and as if they are doing a favour on the customers by giving them a stay in their hotel(they act as if they are offering the stay free),and no hospitality at all.The problem is that they go back on their promise while booking.The A/C makes it impossible to sleep.The rooms are pathetic,toilets are terrible,there is no enough space for shower. ( I booked standard room)The rooms are not maintained properly.Who talk bluntly and do not treat you as Guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank DainThomas
Ahmad A, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Mr. Thomas

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed this hotel for one night, my room was around 50 meter away from Main reception and there was no one to guide me to the room, receiptionist also not friendly to clearly explain the way to the room so it was difficult to find the room. I got the room on top floor, to reach there I had to climb by using stair way, room was dusty it seems to be cleaned long back,and the view from room through window is a table with chairs and an entrance of swimming pool which is under maintainance, Overall I feel boring and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Sivadas

Thank you for your feedback.

We acknowledge your comments and hope that we can welcome you back to One to One in the not to distant Future.

KInd regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Just like it's name this hotel has a unique design, like a village rather than a high rise traditional building. Breakfast was fantastic. Wonderful for a long stay, affordable tariff, Nice swimming pools. We loved our stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Ismot

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay with us at One to One the Village.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.