“Not a great deal doing for this Hotel I'm afraid”

One to One Hotel - The Village
Ranked #80 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Not a great deal doing for this Hotel I'm afraid”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Well, firstly the good points. The rate was competitive, there are not many more value for money hotels in Abu Dhabi, and the breakfast was very acceptable with plenty of choices and eggs cooked to order.
The room was average, cleanish (apart from a cockroach I noticed just as I was leaving). Room was large and up some stairs out of the way. The rooms are all is separate blocks, unlike a normal hotel. The bathroom was disappointing, large but poorly designed. The shower had a slope, flowing away from the drain hole! So flooding of bathroom was easy. Despite having hung my towel up, as I thought I may re-use it, towels were changed in the morning. Well, when I say changed, I meant taken away. It took over half an hour and two phone calls to get new towels sent to the room. Not great when I needed a shower before going out. I knew the Hotel was unlicensed, but that didnt bother me. But when I thought about sitting outside by the pool for a snack one night, the amount of people smoking put me completely off. It seems a social gathering for Shisha smokers, which is ok if you like that sort of thing.
The inside restaurants were completely dead, and there did not seem to be anything in the near vicinity either. The Hotel is away from the city, and there didnt appear to be anything of interest close by. I doubt I would stay here again, and not recommend it I'm afraid.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bjmXI
Philippe H, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear bjmXl

Warm greetings from One to One the Village.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

We acknowledge all of your comments and concerns and will be sharing the same with the entire team as we are always striving to improve on our level of guest service.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and comfortable although a bit dated. I like very much the Zen feel of this hotel, with the villa-like rooms and quiet surroundings. You can relax all day, just lazing around. If you get hungry you can select from 3 restaurants where they serve sumptuous meals. I love the free breakfast and the friendly chef who cooks our omelette!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Christan Libby H

Warm greetings from One to One the Village.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

We are glad to read that you have had an enjoyable & peaceful stay as well as our selection of Food and beverage options available. All of your feedback will be shared with the entire team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

If you are looking for a good quality hotel that affords a great deal of privacy, and you don't wish to be pestered by staff always greeting you with plastic smiles and wishing you "A nice day", and if you do not seek unnecessary luxury, then try this hotel. I first stayed here some 4 years ago and time has not destroyed the privacy that this cleverly designed hotel affords. Suites are large, the restaurants are good, the communal areas are uncluttered and very clean and staff are efficient and attentive. Rooms are in street terrace arrangements which offer shade and quietness: the small roof-top swimming pool services each "house in which there are circa half-a-dozen rooms. It's an easy drive into the center of Abu Dhabi and a very relaxing place to stay whilst doing business if you do not thirst to be entertained !

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room: although there isn't a lift, the stairs are very easy to climb.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Graham A
Philippe H, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Mr. Graham A

Warm greetings from One to One the Village.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay in the hotel.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the privacy and the exclusivity of our rooms as well as our rooftop swimming pools. All of your comments will be shared with the entire team.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very polite personnel.
Clean place
Two floors building with many small houses .
Many flowers ,green area in the middle of the dessert.
Very close about 100 meters from the Cyprus embassy.
There is a small boutique restaurant with nice and light food at very reasonable prices

Room Tip: Value for money compared with the others hotels in Abu Dhabi Rooms at the west site are more quite
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Philippe H, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Mike I

Thank you for taking the time to let us know on your recent stay.

We are glad to read that you have had an enjoyable stay as well as our selection of food and beverage options available in the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Staff are incredibly helpful ... check in took less than 5 mins ... I requested a smoking room and it seems like they never clean their ventilation systems as the room smelled really awful ... did not encounter this in other hotels

A variety of restaurants avaliable but room service menu doesn't have a variety of options...overall food quality is okay

No alcohol on premises ... location of the hotel is okay ... there is nothing really to see around the hotel within walking distance

Furniture is old and I had plumbing problems with my bathroom sink...

Rooms are spacious and the bathroom too was spacious ... good kind sir beds with comfortable pillows

Upon check out I was in a hurry and I called the reception to ask them to prepare my bill in advance so I can check out fast .... that did not happen and I got delayed for 10 Mins which I did not appreciate as I am very punctual...

My recommendation is to select this hotel for a short stay only ... do not expect luxury...it's good for a quick business trip

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mohamed A
Dear Mohamed

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at One to One the Village.

We are glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay apart from a few challenges that you have faced, nevertheless all of your comments will be shared with the entire team as we are always striving to improve on our level of service.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Thanks we got free upgrade with very nice room and very huge with nice design and quality. We really enjoyed our time during our stay there,pool also nice especially for family with young children. Cant wait to come back again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dannykr
Dear dannykr

We are glad to read that you have had an enjoyable stay with your family and that you had a good time in our recreation area. Your comments will be shared with the entire team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Koper, Slovenia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great hotel for the price - an incredible breakfast. Very nice rooms, good access to parking. An interesting arrangement of houses where are the rooms and excellent facilities for breakfast. Good location for access by car to the city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MartyDodo
Philippe H, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear MartyDodo

Warm greetings form One to One the Village.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are glad to read that you have had an enjoyable stay and our lavish breakfast buffet.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.