“Amazing Stay”

One to One Hotel - The Village
Ranked #84 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The design of the hotel is amazing ,quite place located in the heart of AbuDhabi .
there are many restaurants where we sent nice time .
i enjoyed eating at Lebanese restaurant "Sennara".
i advise everybody to visit one to one hotel .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank M1LEGEND
Philippe H, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear M1Legend

Warm greetings from One to One the Village.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.

We are glad to read that you had an amazing stay and enjoyed our selection of food & beverage served in the Lebanese Seafood restaurant Sennara. All of the feedback will be shared with the entire team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here for a day. Used pool, Spa and restaurant facilities. Our feedback:

Spa/Massage: first if all it's hidden in the basement of the hotel. The entry is very dark and doesn't look inviting. The set up is rather amateurish. Two tea candles were light up in the corner and the rooms and amenities did not remind on a spa but rather on a cheap sauna if a two star hotel somewhere in Europe. There was not much if sensation and the massage was rather average. As a "treat" at the end we got a cup of room warm water out of a plastic cup while standing on the reception desk. Result: I wouldn't recommend to go there.

Pool: the pool is a triangle and given the Hotel is kids friendly, there are plenty of them. The pool is not cooled and hat in June about 37C. The pool appears not very clean either, purely looking at the water drainage which is mouldy and dirty. The changing and pool facilities are not to recommend either. The loos are smelling badly.

The Restaurant: we ordered a burger, asked to get it cut in the middle and no lettuce. Well we got a burger not cut and with lettuce. No napkins no mayonnaise. The bread didn't look to good and I would argue a burger king burger is nicer presented and fresher to what we got.

Service: the UAE is known for excellent service. Unfortunately they haven't heard about it in this hotel. The waiter made the impression of being unwilling to work, being really grumpy and not attentive. We weren't even asked for a new drink after he finally managed to clear the empty ones after 10 mins that we had already finished them.

Summary: in all points it will not score more than a two star hotel.

If someone defines this hotel as four star, than the other 95% of Hotels in Abu Dhabi or Dubai must at least score ten stars.

There is no way one could compare this hotel to any of the other 4-5 star hotels near by.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank linchensternchen
Philippe H, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Linchensternchen

Warm greetings from One to One the Village.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback on your recent stay with us.

All of your comments will be shared with the entire team as we are always striving to improve on our level of service. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Well, firstly the good points. The rate was competitive, there are not many more value for money hotels in Abu Dhabi, and the breakfast was very acceptable with plenty of choices and eggs cooked to order.
The room was average, cleanish (apart from a cockroach I noticed just as I was leaving). Room was large and up some stairs out of the way. The rooms are all is separate blocks, unlike a normal hotel. The bathroom was disappointing, large but poorly designed. The shower had a slope, flowing away from the drain hole! So flooding of bathroom was easy. Despite having hung my towel up, as I thought I may re-use it, towels were changed in the morning. Well, when I say changed, I meant taken away. It took over half an hour and two phone calls to get new towels sent to the room. Not great when I needed a shower before going out. I knew the Hotel was unlicensed, but that didnt bother me. But when I thought about sitting outside by the pool for a snack one night, the amount of people smoking put me completely off. It seems a social gathering for Shisha smokers, which is ok if you like that sort of thing.
The inside restaurants were completely dead, and there did not seem to be anything in the near vicinity either. The Hotel is away from the city, and there didnt appear to be anything of interest close by. I doubt I would stay here again, and not recommend it I'm afraid.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bjmXI

Dear bjmXl

Warm greetings from One to One the Village.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

We acknowledge all of your comments and concerns and will be sharing the same with the entire team as we are always striving to improve on our level of guest service.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and comfortable although a bit dated. I like very much the Zen feel of this hotel, with the villa-like rooms and quiet surroundings. You can relax all day, just lazing around. If you get hungry you can select from 3 restaurants where they serve sumptuous meals. I love the free breakfast and the friendly chef who cooks our omelette!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Christan Libby H

Warm greetings from One to One the Village.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

We are glad to read that you have had an enjoyable & peaceful stay as well as our selection of Food and beverage options available. All of your feedback will be shared with the entire team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

If you are looking for a good quality hotel that affords a great deal of privacy, and you don't wish to be pestered by staff always greeting you with plastic smiles and wishing you "A nice day", and if you do not seek unnecessary luxury, then try this hotel. I first stayed here some 4 years ago and time has not destroyed the privacy that this cleverly designed hotel affords. Suites are large, the restaurants are good, the communal areas are uncluttered and very clean and staff are efficient and attentive. Rooms are in street terrace arrangements which offer shade and quietness: the small roof-top swimming pool services each "house in which there are circa half-a-dozen rooms. It's an easy drive into the center of Abu Dhabi and a very relaxing place to stay whilst doing business if you do not thirst to be entertained !

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room: although there isn't a lift, the stairs are very easy to climb.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham A
Philippe H, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Mr. Graham A

Warm greetings from One to One the Village.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay in the hotel.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the privacy and the exclusivity of our rooms as well as our rooftop swimming pools. All of your comments will be shared with the entire team.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very polite personnel.
Clean place
Two floors building with many small houses .
Many flowers ,green area in the middle of the dessert.
Very close about 100 meters from the Cyprus embassy.
There is a small boutique restaurant with nice and light food at very reasonable prices

Room Tip: Value for money compared with the others hotels in Abu Dhabi Rooms at the west site are more quite
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Philippe H, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Mike I

Thank you for taking the time to let us know on your recent stay.

We are glad to read that you have had an enjoyable stay as well as our selection of food and beverage options available in the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Staff are incredibly helpful ... check in took less than 5 mins ... I requested a smoking room and it seems like they never clean their ventilation systems as the room smelled really awful ... did not encounter this in other hotels

A variety of restaurants avaliable but room service menu doesn't have a variety of options...overall food quality is okay

No alcohol on premises ... location of the hotel is okay ... there is nothing really to see around the hotel within walking distance

Furniture is old and I had plumbing problems with my bathroom sink...

Rooms are spacious and the bathroom too was spacious ... good kind sir beds with comfortable pillows

Upon check out I was in a hurry and I called the reception to ask them to prepare my bill in advance so I can check out fast .... that did not happen and I got delayed for 10 Mins which I did not appreciate as I am very punctual...

My recommendation is to select this hotel for a short stay only ... do not expect luxury...it's good for a quick business trip

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mohamed A

Dear Mohamed

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at One to One the Village.

We are glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay apart from a few challenges that you have faced, nevertheless all of your comments will be shared with the entire team as we are always striving to improve on our level of service.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.