One to One Hotel - The Village
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
US$178
US$136
US$95
US$531
US$311
All reviewsswimming poolroom servicedecent hotellebanese restaurantlarge bathrooman upgradeenjoyed my staybusiness triptaxigymratesabudubaibrunch
Reviewed 27 December 2009

Thank you for a wonderful stay. And thank you to the Housekeeper who was very attentive and was like our personal butler during our stay – so polite and responsive (He is from Nepal – forgot his name). We tried every restaurant except the Steakhouse (when we went it was fully booked). The Asian restaurant is nice, but I wish they had Sushi although the do serve sushi at the buffet in the Resto. We invited some friends that live in Abu Dahbi to the Lebanese Restaurant “Shairye” , the food was delicious and they had a full entertainment schedule. We only caught the belly dancing part of the show which was very entertaining and really something to see. The first room we were in was next to the Cube Night Club and it was a bit noisy – they then moved us to a room on the other side of the hotel that was very calm and serene. I would suggest that you ask them to be located away from the Cube if you want to have a good night’s sleep. Overall it was a very nice experience. Thank you 121 !!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2009

The “outdoor” setting of the onetoone village hotel is very nice. They have a really nice garden where I spent every afternoon and evening – this is especially nice in these months but I am sure in summer it would be really hot. I live in Los Angeles and the weather seems quite similar this time of year. The room was really large and the bed is so comfy. My Villa had a swimming pool on top of the roof and they also have a new pool outside next to the garden and the gym is nice too but the changing rooms in the gym are small. I will definitely stay there if I go back to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 14 December 2009

This is one of the most unique hotel’s I’ve ever stayed and – and I’ve stayed at quite a few hotels. The hotel’s layout is so ingenious and gives you a real “getaway” feeling even though you’re right in the heart of Abu Dhabi. The internet is free as well as the breakfast. However, the pools on top of the villas are a bit too small and the sun doesn’t shine much there – but the new big pool and gym that they’ve built in the garden looks amazing … The staff are very down to earth and you can feel that they care. I had left my blackberry charger at home and one of the staff members lent me his own ! That’s what I call amazing service. Can’t wait to get back.

Lots of great programs with the fitness center - yoga, recreation manager who even plans extensive kids' activities. Jean at the salon can work a few last minute wonders.

Reviewed 7 December 2009

I was asked by my Company to test this hotel out (having used the Beach Rotana for all our Clients and staff). Unfortunately the hotel decided to allocate me a room next to the night club which played loud thumping music until 02:45am (even after I complained three times and they were supposed to turn music off at 02:30am)

The reception could not move my room as the hotel was apparently full. My room wasn't even the nearest to the nightclub so I feel very sorry for the people who were!

So after a sleepless start to the night (I was out in AD working) I finally got to sleep after seeing the clock turn 4am - only to be woken up by the drains in the bathroom making horrendous gurgling noises as the person in the room above was using the shower.

I could not believe the noise - actually sounded as if they were in my bathroom!! Then whenever they flushed the toilet or used the tap I could hear all their water gurgling back up the drains in my room. The noise was unbearable.

Needless to say they have lost our business and I checked out in the morning. The reception manager was friendly enough but seriously, for a new hotel why have so many rooms right next to the club? It advertises itself as a business hotel - what a joke when you cannot relax or sleep.

Also, the layout is very weird - the rooms are a walk outside away from reception and there is no comfortable lounge or lobby. It seemed a rather unfriendly place with copious amounts of security guards (which makes me wonder why).

4  Thank TizzieBelle
OneToOneHotelManager, Hotel Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We have read all your comments (issues we were already aware of during your stay).

The room you had stayed in had developed a plumbing problem that we were not previously aware of. We have since fixed the issue. As for the sound from the Night Club, we are in the process of working on a solution to isolate the sound from the 2 roooms (out of the 127 at the hotel) that are affected.

Your comments about the lounge, however, are inaccurate. We have ample lounge areas in the lobby as well as a "living room" in each villa cluster (15 of those) - my apologies that you weren't able to make use of them during your visit.

As for the Security Guards ; this is a requirement by law - a measure that we have welcomed with open arms in order to ensure the safety and security of all of our guests.

I know that my team has exhausted their efforts in trying to turn this around for you (including giving you a full complimentary stay as well as transportation). However, we are committed to making each and every guest happy - at any cost. So if there is anything at all, that I can do, to make things up for this unfortunate situation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,