“Nice Rooms”

Ranked #105 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Nice Rooms”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The location of the hotel is good at the center of the city with malls and many restaurants around especially if you are a south Indian. Hotel rooms are also spacious and nice. We had taken studio type room but it has all the necessary things for cooking. The only bad experience that we faced is that we have not used anything in the mini bar but the hotel staff claimed we used it. We argued but do not want to make a fight of it. Hence we paid the amount.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Khaled D, Public Relations Manager at Cassells Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Sir

thank you for choosing cassells hotel apartments and we apologize for the minibar incident

we will make sure that the incident will not happen again in the future.

we look forward to serve you again at Cassells Hotel Apartments.

kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Colombo
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I continuously use this hotel apartment for our official trips in Abu Dhabi. This is just a 3 minutes walking distance to my destination. Sorrounded by restaurants, supermarkets, hospitals, boutiques of all kinds and easy access to public transport and taxis, Cassells is convenient hotel.Major shopping malls are easily accessible from Cassells.
Great service, friendly staff makes it a difference. However, breakfast buffet needs major enhancement as it lacks variety. Recent cost cutting results in discontinuation of few amenities like complimentary water and tea / coffee facilities.

Room Tip: Non Smoking room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this place for a short business trip. The main reason I chose this place as it is right next to the office. It is conveniently located. Fast check in with clean and spacious room. Staff was good and friendly. I have stayed at this place about a year ago and I must say the service levels
have drastically dropped. Some of the stingy measured taken by the management actually ruin the service levels and customer experience . General practice is to offer complimentary water but they only offer if you ask for it. I ordered a club sans which which was a big portion but they have included only one packet of ketchup which is not sufficient at all. When I asked more ketchup they said it is their standard to offer one pack. They finally offered me additional ketchup after a heated argument. It was quite funny to note there is a kettle in the room but no coffee or tea was available. When I inquired they said they do not offer complementary tea bags or coffee. Then I asked them to remove the kettle as no point of having the kettle without tea or coffee on offer. They provided me tea and coffee but only two bags of sugar. When I asked then they said it is their practice. From that point onwards I kept my mouth shut as I was sick of fighting. I think the Managment should stop this stingy practices as it does more damage than savings .

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank mahesh9910
Colombo
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed there during an official tour from 29th June - 3rd July. Our company selected this hotel since it is close by to HQ.

Clean and peaceful hotel. Rooms are good and clean and equipped with a kitchen area, Washing machine, kettle, , iron etc. Which you'll need during your stay.

Biggest drawback is the breakfast buffet which is boring and lacks choice. Cannot comment on lunch/dinner since I never tried it.

This is very good for a business tour but not to enjoy your holidays.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Thilanka A
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I loved the fact that they upgraded me to a suite which was quite spacious and huge. The kitchenette had all the basics for a 10 day stay including cooking utensils. The service was impeccable and people were always ready to help. The hotel is very close to the corniche and the Abu Dhabi mall. Also, there are many restaurants and takeaways around this place.

The only cons:
1. Food is not great - both variety and the taste
2. There is no wi-fi. You need to use a LAN cable to get connected - severely constraining movement.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank arundhoti
Khaled D, General Manager at Cassells Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear arundhoti

Greetings !!

We would like to thank you for your comments and we look forward to serve you again at Cassells Hotel Apartments

kind regards
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Cassells is excellent for the budget traveler. I stayed here while on official assignment and my room was on the 10th floor. The red carpet welcomes you as you stepped out of the elevator. The staff are quite friendly and free newspaper is delivered every morning.The mezzaine floor restaurant may not be the best, but one can easily get alternatives within a walking distance from the hotel (there's cheap buffet restaurant across the road just coming out of the underground tunnel + McDonald's/other fast foods not quite far away). Handbills and city/tourists guide are freely available from the reception. The rooms has catering facilities including microwave, kettle, burner and spoon/forks/knives. Room service? superb. Electric jug for hot water as well as tea/coffee/milk/sugar/bottle water is provided and replenished daily. The only low point is having to pay for internet use.

Room Tip: The 10th floor suites are excellent. Use laundry shop downstairs (by the corner), you can drop n pi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
lancashire
Reviewed 3 December 2012

we have just returned from here it was beautiful the accomodation was out of this world and beyond our expectations I forgot I had booked with late romms so payment had to be made thank goodness there was enough left in the pot. The kitchen is equipped with a washer dryer so our clothes from thailand were done before we came home why not I say. Thefitness centre on the 11th floor was kitted out well though we didnt use it, deffenatly stay again.

Room Tip: good choice and locatiom
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple