“So good!!!”

Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We arrived after a long flight and little sleep! We straight away headed to see how much the hotel was as we had 14 hours to kill in the airport. Was reasonably priced at £50 each and we were so tiered we would probs have payed more. The hotel room itself was really really nice, room and bathroom very clean. Hotel was lovely and quiet so it was easy to sleep straight away. The complimentary water and tea was great when we woke up. It was amazing to have a bath or shower with clean towels and complimentary gel and shampoo. It is a two minute work from terminal one and you don't even leave the airport. I would really recommend and thank the hotel for a lovely stay :)

• Stayed: February 2013
8  Thank AliK1407

Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

I missed my flight to Japan and there was more than a day to next available flight, Etihad airways staff kindly offered me this hotel just when I was thinking that I have to be one of those we see on the news sleeping in departure lounges.
Rooms were very spacious, with all necessities, although with a view of landing it was very quite and comfortable to sleep. The only problem they had: no wi-fi, instead they have a LAN spot on the wall but not many of us carry LAN cables with us. In fairness you could get out to airport and use wi-fi so it was not a big issue.
If you have long lay over I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank Judoguy
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The first point is the difficulty of booking this hotel. Despite multiple emails with the team here I called in on my way through to checks my booking for the following week when I had a 16 hrs layover. Although they had reserved a room they hadn't booked it against my name and I am certain from the conversation iPad with the receptionist that if I had waited until a week later they would have sold the room again. The key point is get a letter of confirmation! They hotel really needs to get some sort of secure online booking system as I was not happy to pass my bank card details on an email or down the phone.

On returning the following week reception were extremely helpful and even extended my checkout time by an hour. Make sure you have booked the room for the right time as they have a 24 hour rate and a cheaper 11 hour day rate which was perfect for me.

The room was clean with a modern bathroom with a walk in shower (shower head could do with replacing). Useful toiletries include toothbrush and toothpaste, and a shaving kit, as well as the standard soaps etc.. The room had a double and a single bed with a view out over the airport to the control tower. The bed was firm, which I like and the bedding was crisp and clean. The decor wasn't wow but was ok (always think this is subjective anyway).

It is not the quietist of hotels, there was lots of chat in the corridors and I think the staff could perhaps have a word as the nature of the place is that people will be looking to rest throughout the day.

Here is a decent flat screen TV at the desk with some channel in English. Notable channels for me were A couple of movie channels, CNN and BBC news worldwide. Although the whole airport has free WIFI the hotel has neither WIFI or a useable network point. This is the 21sy century people, neither difficult nor expensive to provide people please sort!

Overall a good facility without having to leave the airport (no immigration to deal with) the main point being that I managed to get some sleep and rest, but had to move out to the rest of the airport to check emails and use the intenet.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Craig T
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This hotel is overpriced but you pay for the convenience of staying in the airport building and not having to check bags in again before your onward flight. We stayed at another hotel outside the airport on our return leg for less than half the cost including the taxi charges. It is fairly basic but we found it to be clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wardyp
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I chose to book a room with the airport hotel than wait in the main airport hall since my flight got cancelled and required a ten hour wait, the staff made the booking and showing of my room so quick that I went to sleep as soon as i got into my room.. the smell of the rooms are aromatic they made my stay there awesome and their was virtually no sound projecting through the rooms at all. worth the payment

Room Tip: if your a view loving person ask for a room with adjustable curtains
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Ezeki95
Reviewed 10 July 2012

just the bedrooms with no other facilities, it was expensive but worth to rest and sleep for 4 hours

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Fayyaz S
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I recently had a stop over of 10 hours in Abu Dhuabi. I emailed the Airport Hotel to request a room and received absolutely no response. On my arrival at the airport, they refused to give me a room because it was too early!!! There were many ready and available rooms but no.. rules are rules, they said.

So my wife and I stayed at the airport for 10 hours dying to get a brief nap after 8 hours flying back from Malaysia. Absolutely no facilities at airport, rather awful toilets, no showers to freshen up, nothing. Considering most people use this airport as transit and shower area, massage person would be welcomed. Install a Yo Hotel (pay by the hour) or something similar! It would be brilliant for the jet-laggers.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple