“Great location , great staff, poor room. Bad price”

Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel
london
“Great location , great staff, poor room. Bad price”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 3 days ago just as I need 6-7 hours sleep in between missed flights ... The price at around $150 -$180 dollars was just outright crazy for what you get, maybe my room was just a bad exception but I can saying was clean,very small a little noisy from all the room opening and closing ... This was enough to interrupted my sleep a few times...this time for this price was precious to me ..also the price was just stupid ... I am English and as such I was allowed outside on my passport this allowed be stay at the premier inn for $60 if I wished .... Not everybody is allowed though depending on your nationality it would seem, I chose this as I needed maximum sleep time between flights... For the money I wish I'd gone to the premier inn outside... And brought my partner gift with the $100 Dollars I would have saved.... IA little tip for you all ...iffy or passport allows you stay right outside the airport over the road at $60 in premier inn they guarantee a good nights sleep or your money back...unlike the airport hotel... I won't stay again and I wouldn't recommend this place unless I had no choice...like my passport wouldn't let me outside... Now you have been warned about the price and noise !!!! It is up too you...BUT FOR ME NEVER AGAIN

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank LondonArtlover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I just stayed at Abu Dhabi Airport hotel. It exceeded my expectation. Hotel is very clean and nice and biggest plus is that it is inside the airport. I was travelling with my 2 year old daughter and we had 14 hours transit plus 13 hours flight next day. This hotel stay made my travel easier. We had good night sleep, took shower and went to our terminal to catch our flight.
Hotel does have WIFI. Lot of comments said that there is no Wifi but we were able to use FREE Airport Wifi.

Room Tip: If you are travelling through Etihad and have longer transit (layover), they provide free airport ho...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharad B
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is just a terrible hotel, with surly unhelpful staff. Their prices are just a rip-off. It is the only hotel for transit passengers, but believe me you will be happier just sitting in the waiting lounge than going to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank JMV157

Travellers are raving about these Abu Dhabi hotels

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Hotel was just average and facilities are normal. One should not expect big from this hotel, just Ok for transit and food was not upto standards. Over all this hotel being in Airport, most recommend for air transit only.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Srinivas777
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel was literally a disaster for us.

Despite booking TWO MONTHS in advance, when we went to check-in at the arranged 06:00 (after a horrible 14 hour flight) we were told we would have to wait an hour and a half. We were only going to be using the room for about 5 hours, so I said if they didn't have any rooms available until 07:30 we would come back then but couldn't be expected to pay full price. We spoke to reception and the manager but they would not budge at all and were insistent we would still have to pay £100 despite them letting someone else stay in our pre-booked room while we waited on a chair outisde!! They also said we could use their lounge and have free coffee and food, but when we went to help ourselves to the food we were stopped and told it wasn't allowed.

It was a farce. They were extremely unhelpful / rude. I will not be going back!

Save some money and use the sleeping pods in terminal 3 instead!

Room Tip: Use sleeping pods instead - this hotel is completely unreliable!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Steph F
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night. It is not a bad place. Beds are comfortable. The only problem I had was that the internet is not available in hotel room, which might be problematic during business trips.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lukasz K
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was a simple clean room, and naturally you pay a premium because it is a transit hotel. The only gripe I had was that there was no clock anywhere in the room - and that is particularly important at an airport where you have a flight to catch! Earplugs are useful because there is constant noise in the corridors with passengers and staff coming and going, slamming doors, and so on, but if you can afford it, it's a clean quiet place to sleep at this busy airport.

Room Tip: Book in advance, very hard to get a room on arrival
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business