“Excellent hotel apartment”

Royal Regency Hotel Apartments
Hyderabad
“Excellent hotel apartment”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was staying in this hotel apartment from Sep 2013. Good value for money. Staff are very co-operative. Hadn't been to the restaurant. Fitness center is good. Internet used to be bad till couple of weeks back. Not the internet is upgraded to high speed.
Kitchenette provided is not sufficient and the choice of TV channels is very poor.

Room Tip: Prefer Suite room than studio room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Nice hotel, friendly staff, well maintained.
Recommended for long stays. Call and check with them for the long stay prices, which are very competitive for similar priced hotel apartments.
The gas stoves does not work, but the induction stove does.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Good location and nice place to stay if you are going for short stay or city trip value for money somehow reasonable also.

The price decreased one week before going I was already booked with higher rate prices should be fixed and not changed I lost my room keys and asked for another one I wait around 45 mins to receive another key.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Sila, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 May 2013

One of the most obligated hotels I've stayed in, It is a suitable hotel for families

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed in Royal Regency for 2 days instead of planned 4. Everything started with the long search of hotel parking, which was located somewhere around the block and took us about 10 -15 minutes to get to the hotel from parking. When we entered the room, there was a cockroach on the wall. The amenities were very old, the gas stove didn't work, the oven in the suite was damaged....
After all, the receptionist charged us twice for the hotel by mistake, an didn't want to accept her fault.... Well, our weekend at Royal Regency became a nightmare, and we paid $150 per night for that!
The strange thing (very strange) is that there was a logo of TripAdvisor on the reception desk, saying this was the best recommended hotel by TripAdvisor in 2011. How come people get fooled by this hotel?! Rooms are small, old furnished, nothing works properly, you are neighboring with cockroaches and still you get so many visitors. Maybe the location?... Agree, it was in downtown, but very dirty, full of sewage "odors" and strange people....
I would never ever recommend this hotel to anybody who is ready to pay $150 per night. There are much better hotels by $150, the value for this one is maybe $ 50, not more.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Zara H

Travellers are raving about these Abu Dhabi hotels

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed at the Royal Regency for 11 weeks. The only positive remark is that the room rate (300Dh) negotiated by my employer was unbelievably cheap!
The room itself was cold, bland and uninviting. A few rugs on the pale, tiled floor and a few pictures on the stark, white walls would have made a huge difference as would a comfortable armchair in which to relax, watch TV, read a book, etc. The tiny wardrobe was barely big enough for one person. However, the king size bed was very comfortable and I always slept well.
The kitchenette included a hob with 3 gas rings and an electric ring. Yet there is no gas! It’s ludicrous. I enjoy cooking for myself but with only 1 electric ring it was nigh impossible. Why doesn’t the hotel replace the hobs with all electric ones? Furthermore, there’s no oven or grill, toaster or microwave, just a kettle. The inventory of cutlery, crockery, pots and pans, etc. was laughable. There was a washing machine but the instruction manual was in Arabic only. The TV looked pretty ancient
The bedding was changed every day as were the towels – nice but not environmentally friendly. The floor was swept but the furniture was rarely dusted. Eventually, when I was able to write my name on the wall mirror, I dusted the place myself. I should have complained.
The gym is adequate – just – but the air conditioning is ineffective. Breakfast was also adequate but the restaurant was like my room – cold, bland and uninviting. The service was also poor and the hotel management should at least train their staff to smile. Perhaps it’s because of their hideous uniforms.
There is no pool and no bar. Parking is on the street or in an underground car park – both of which have to be paid for. I was given free internet access yet the speed was so slow I’m glad I wasn’t paying for it!
The location is very handy for downtown Abu Dhabi with loads of bars and restaurants within walking distance or a short taxi ride. The location didn’t suit me though as I was working at Musaffah some 40km away.
In summary I would only recommend the Royal Regency for a short stay – provided that you can negotiate a competitive rate.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business