“To be recommended 100%!”

Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Suisse
“To be recommended 100%!”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Excellent service of the hotel's staff. At our arrival, Nassem gave us the opportunity to enjoy a suite on the 12th floor (over 19). Because of being new customers we appreciated a lot this act of kindness. During all the rest of our stay, the staff was really friendly and smily at all times.
The room was in all points really good too. It was very nice furnished, the view on the buildings opposite was impressive and the size of the suite was great. 2 LCD monitors, none of the equipment (room and bath) was missing.
The access to the swimming pool was also included in the booking. Free towels at the entrance, long chairs, etc, made our stay really peaceful and nice moments.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
CristalHotelsResorts, General Manager at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you for your good comments and your kind review. We are happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and it feels great to read you had a wonderful stay with us.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcome you back.

Kamal Fakhoury

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2012

When looking for a flight/hotel to Abu Dhabi on Expedia, the Cristal Hotel came up as one of the options, and compared with some of the other hotels offered in the same price bracket, seemed to have the best reviews.

Checked in at about 11:30 am, having come straight from the airport. Check-in was very friendly and efficient (young lady from Krygystan - Nazira ?). Escorted to my room (which had been upgraded to a suite) and at the same time the locations of pool, restaurant, meeting rooms, cafe etc. all explained. Room facilities were also all explained, and about 30 minutes later also received a call from Reception to check everythijng was to my satisfaction. I have spent thousands of nights in hundreds of hotels around the world, and that was a first, a pleasant touch that cost the hotel nothing, but shows the customer that the hotel is interested.

The suite was extremely well equipped, no wear and tear, spotlessly clean, plenty of storage space, comfortable bed, sofa, chairs etc. Both dressing gowns and bathrobes available. Could not get the cabled Internet to work (I think the guy in the next room had the same problem), but the complimentary wireless Internet was fast and reliable, something I found to be the case everywhere in Abu Dhabi, such as coffee shops etc. Certainly sufficient for audio/video back to Europe, US etc.

I used the pool and gym on several occasions, both of which were excellent although, as said in other reviews, the pool is quite small, but sufficient to cool down. I also had lunch at the pool one day, and the full room service meals were available.

I did not use the restaurant for breakfast, but had dinner there a number of times. This was a buffet with starters, main course, deserts etc., all excellent. One particular waitress, Lai from Myrymar, was particularly helpful, even to the extent of going to the cafe 17 floors below to get me a particular juice they had run out of in the restaurant.

As I had a late flight home, without asking, I was offered a late check out of 15:00, which made my last day in Abu Dhabi a little bit easier to manage.

One thing to be aware of, which was not an issue for me, but may be to others, is that the hotel is "dry"; i.e. not licensed for alcohol. They did however offer transport to their other hotel, which offered "The Vertical Wine Bar", which looked interesting. If my wife had been with me, I would have perhaps taken up the offer to go over to this hotel one evening.

In Europe/US we are used to public areas being smoke free, by law. This is not the case with Abu Dhabi. The hotel has a a cafe just off Reception, whch I would have like to have tried, but on the couple of occasions I went there, there was such a cloud of smoke that I did not bother.

The one overriding comment of staying in this hotel was that every contact with the staff (who come from an amazing number of countries), without a single exception, was a very positive experience: Reception, Restaurant, Bell boys, Pool/Spa, Cleaners, hotel driver who took me to the airport.

Obviously this hotel does not have umpteen different restaurants and bars that a larger hotel such as a Hilton/Sheraton might have, but in the area of customer focus and customer service, this hotel exceeds the service levels I have received in such hotels over the years.

I am not sure I am likely to visit Abu Dhabi again, but if I were to, the Cristal Hotel would be my first choice.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank guf-uk
CristalHotelsResorts, General Manager at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review and very good comments towards our facilities, services and staff. We are more than grateful knowing you had a satisfying stay. I have shared your feedback to all of our team and very much touched by your thoughtful gesture.

If there is anyways that we can be of further assistance, please do let us know and we are all looking forward to meet you at Cristal Hotel when you get to visit Abu Dhabi again.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Hotel was very good even the staff was so kind and helpful but the only negative side is the Bell boys they need to be more educated and there are only one bell boy all times.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for the posted notification which I was delighted to receive. It was great pleasure hosting you at the Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi.

Your concern with our bell boys will be taken into consideration corrective action will be done accordingly.

We will be looking forward to welcome you back.

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

There are no negatives with this hotel.We stayed here for 3 nights on a stopover and the hotel and facilities are excellent. The staff are first rate and equeal to any other hotel that we stayed in in Europe ( including the Hilton,Mercure etc). It is also very good value for money.

If I travel to Abu Dhabi again I will stay here and will recommend others to do the same.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite and it was beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your good comments and your kind review.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcome you back.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 May 2012

From the first day untill the last moment of my check out i could not find one negative thing in this hotel. I stayed in the hotel 1 month and 10 days, all the staff in the hotel are friendly and ready to help at any time. The front manager Ismail was very understanding, flexible and helpful in finding me a very good package. The hotel is brand new, i stayed in a room with king size bed, very modern furniture, the internet is very fast and its a wireless system, i rarely faced troubles with it but in case u do IT will come to fix it quickly by ringing the frontdesk. All the staff at the front desk were friendly/smiley/ and ready to help 24 hours, i mention Mohammed/Majdi/Savel/Nasseem/Nazira...and including all others...House keeping is excellent and they come everyday to your room for cleaning...Cable TV with good channels are available.... the hotel is located in the centre of Abu Dhabi, there is many supermarkets/ laudries around it...the hotel is clean and fresh. you need less then 10 minutes in car to Marina Mall and taxis are available around the hotel. I was really happy to choose this hotel ...it was a very comfortable stay and as the title say best price/quality hotel. Regards Toufic

Room Tip: I stayed al level 16 and was not bothered by any noise...it was relaxing.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi. We are grateful that we were able to provide you a wonderful and satisfying experience.

I have conveyed your kind words to our Team, especially Front Desk, who were very appreciative of your good praises.

If there is any further way that we can assist you, please let us know. Looking forward to welcoming you again at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Staff are really friendly and helpful
I'm surprised I actually stayed at Hilton the day before and believe it or not crystal hotel madinat zayed are much better with customer care and service unlike the Hilton completely rude forgetting that we are the customers.
Crystal hotel madinat zayed hats off A++

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you very much for your review, it's with great pleasure receiving such a wonderful review from you.

It is always very rewarding for my team and I to know that Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi have met your expectations.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write the review, I do hope to have the honor of welcoming you back to Cristal Hotel sometime in the near future.

Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Located in an area very near of almost everything because is served with good service of taxis! The staff is very friendly and helpful! I recommend to my friends with any doubts!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple