“Excellent value hotel in convenient location”

Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #12 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stopped over for a couple of nights here between the UK and Australia. We were two adults and two kids, and they upgraded us to suite, though I don't think a standard room would have fitted us all in anyway.

The hotel knew ahead of time that there would have been four of us, and we arrived in the evening, so it would have been nice to have had the room configured ready for us, rather than have to wait for housekeeping to bring an extra bed so the kids could sleep. Also, the room smelled *slightly* of smoke, but not enough to insist on a change of room. There's also a mosque nearby; I managed to sleep through the 5am call to prayer, but the missus didn't.

Aside from that, the rooms were all very modern, with a very comfortable bed, and were spotlessly clean. Service was very friendly, and the hotel is centrally located. For example, you could easily walk to the up-market WTC mall in 10 minutes (not that Abu Dhabi is great for walking around).

This is by no means an opulent hotel, but provides great value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Cristal H, General Manager at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear C A,

Thank you for your posting.
I am sorry that you had to wait for the room to be ready but truly happy you managed to enjoy your stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Well located ,resonably rated ,clean & good food accomedation . I strongly recomend it as a site for staying over in Abu Dhabi. The rooms are well organised & furnited ,but need little care on the provision of aminities on longer stays . Gust expect that the hotel take care of that rather than asking for that. Food quality & prices are convenient .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Issam2013,

Thank you for your comments.
I completely agree with providing the special care for our long term guests with regards to amenities and will share with this our our housekeeping team whom are normally very attentive to such matters.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The experience has been very good, from the moment I walked in to present. I only have one observation about the room and that of not enough light. Probably not the hotel's issue but more like my issue. I do need ceiling light to see details. I wish they had lighter breakfast option. An all you can eat buffet is great but sometimes just a light continental would be sufficient. Room service can take car of that. The hotel is within walking distance of a big shopping mall with food court. Very convenient. Again, no nonsense and very friendly. Great value for money.

I highly recommend the hotel. I shall come back again.

Room Tip: Smoking is allowed in the Cafe and the Restaurant. So watch out and ask for a table in the non smoki...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Siamak M

Dear Siamak M,

Thank you for your lovely posting.
I am very happy to share with you that in fact the lighting issue is being addressed as it has come up on several occasions.
It is thanks to our guests like you that we are able to address the issues that make the difference.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Cristal hotel was value for money - we booked a regular room but they upgraded us to a suite because we were first-time guests... That was great! It was not particularly close to any sight-seeing places but we had a rental car so we didn't mind it. The suite was spacious (especially the bathroom) with an adjoining 'living room' and the bed was really comfortable. We didn't want to take the breakfast buffet but went to their in-house cafe on the first floor and it was really good! Good coffee, pastries, and breakfast sets. However, there are two things I want to mention - 1. On the day of arrival, we parked our 4WD at the car park in front of the hotel, and then asked the staff the check-in counter if that belongs to the hotel parking space - he said it was. Two days later, we got a parking ticket! We went to the manager and asked him why would we get a fine and found out from him that this is because the hotel's car park is in fact in the basement. But no one at the point of check-in has told us this! After some near-heated arguments, the solution was for him to take out the security videos and 'see' we have in fact asked the staff about the car-park, because he didn't believe our story. Luckily for us, it was very clear in the video that we gestured to the counter guy about the car (by pointing to it) and he nodded yes. So, fortunately the manager agreed and paid us in cash the 'fine'. Even though he was apologetic and friendly at the end, we we quite peeved that he didn't believe our story when we first told him and had to resort to watching videos! 2. The same staff that checked us in offered to book a place for us at the Emirates Palace for dinner or drinks. After a while, he called our room and said there were no places for drinks, that all were booked out. We then tried calling ourselves and there were definitely still places because there were a few bars in there! So in the end we just made our own bookings. So, bottomline is, hotel itself is alright and I suppose the staff try their best to serve, but the standard is still not there yet, especially if you are a well-travelled person who have seen better.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TravelLynn03,

Thank you for your comments.
I would like to personally apologize for both incidents as it is certainly not what we are renowned for at the Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi.
I will be looking into this matter and ensuring it does not repeat itself.
It would truly be my pleasure to welcome you back again to the hotel to showcase our true Cristal hospitality.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

From beginning to end our experience was just amazing. Prompt check in, lovely big clean room, shower was excellent (great pressure). Breakfast was fresh and tasty. We were travelling with our 2 year old and she had a great time too. Nice and quiet room. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Eri_B,

Thank you so much for your lovely posting.
I am delighted we made your stay special and having a two year old myself I know how challenging it can be.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I had a very good experience staying in the Cristal Hotel - Madinat Zayed branch for the third time. the staff is very helpful and friendly, room serive is great. the resturant and food are excellent Hotel location is the best , I can reach most of the places that I want to go by using taxi for short trip, or even walking, for me, I walked to the most of the places that I had visited and it was enjoyble experience as weather was moderate during my staying part of November, December 2013 and January 2014

My sincere wishes for more success.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 777Sami

Dear 777Sami,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
It is truly wonderful to know that we have managed to meet your expectations during your several stays. The credit all goes to my team and I shall share this with them.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Great location, clean rooms/bathrooms, good food, very helpful staff at reception (Mr. Amit and Mr. Arju). We enjoyed sunny mornings and panoramic view of city from the large windows of our two rooms.

Travelling from Pakistan, it was our first trip to Abu Dhabi, we had booked the hotel on booking.com. Our rooms were ready upon arrival and check in was a matter of minutes. On our request for two adjacent double rooms, they provided us two inter-connected rooms with one upgraded to a suite making it a two-room apartment. That was superb for a family with younger kids.

Overall it was a pleasant experience and we would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner suites with inter-connected double rooms are perfect for a family with 2-3 young kids.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Shafat M,

Thank you for your posting.
It is an honor that you decided to stay with us on your first trip to Abu Dhabi.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recognizing two of our dedicated family members. The whole team truly tries to exceed our guests expectations.