“business trip June 2014” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi

Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #4 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London
“business trip June 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had a great stay here for a week while I got our new office up and running in madinatzayed. Even in the summer heat this hotel is a short walk to the mall where you can eat healthy or less healthy dishes from the food to go section of lulu or food court. I was upgraded free of charge to a suite which was massive. The room was kept fantastically by Supesh and his colleagues. I had a package delivered to the hotel which reception collected for me while I was out. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone in the city here for work, the WiFi is great and taxis are near by, the staff will even hail one for you if you want to stay out of the heat.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Cristal H, General Manager at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear 020gordy,

Thank you for your review.
It is a pleasure to know our family members made your stay so special.
I will certainly let Subash in housekeeping know your feed back.
Kamal Fakhoury

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is located centrally, behind Madi-Zayed a big shopping mall. I had booked for 2 nights with the airport pick up at Dubai airport. My pick up was there on time. When I arrived at the reception they were quick with check in. My room was also upgraded. Room was big and clean. There was no noise either from road or other wise. Bed was nice and comfy. Bathroom was also very clean. They hotel staff was very helpful with all my needs. I went for meeting next day and came back at around 1.00 pm. The room was still not cleaned. I had to request the cleaner on the floor to do it. He called another colleague. It was done hastily and not a good job at all. He closed the water outlet of the tub. I found this when i was in shower. I had no choice but to open it my self. I got my hands hurt in the process. I did not complain as I was busy.
Breakfast was very nice with good choice of food and fresh fried were done for me as I had told the chef to do.
Over all very good experience.

Room Tip: Take a room facing Madinat Zayed, has a better view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear muhammad m,

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your overall stay with us and sincerely apologize for the accident in the bathtub. We are currently addressing all the bathtub water outlet issues.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel is centrally located right smack in the heart of Abu Dhabi's business district. Because it is located behind Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre & along Sheikh Zayed The First St., dining options, convenience stores, shopping malls, and banks abound. Even though my husband and I did not know the bus routes in Abu Dhabi, hailing a cab from this location was always a breeze. There are a couple of spas in the area and salons, too, for beauty treatments and R&R. Location-wise, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Check-in and check-out was very quick and hassle-free. Thanks to Anna at the Front Desk. The other members of her team were as helpful and attentive, too. It happened so quickly and efficiently; I was amazed.

We got a free upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Suite, which was very thoughtful. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the suite and the nicely appointed furnishings. However, I noticed though that for the whole duration of our trip (2N/3D), there was some other guest's name on the welcome screen of the phone. It wasn't a big deal 'cause it did not cause any inconvenience, but, for next time, I hope staff would pay attention to this detail. Also, I was expecting to find two pairs of bedroom slippers provided along with the other toiletries as most hotels provide to their guests, but I didn't. I didn't bother to ask for them anyway 'cause we had brought our own though I would have appreciated if they were provided.

Their breakfast buffet spread was very impressive with a wide array of choices available. I enjoyed their sausages, salads, and freshly made omelettes most of all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Grich3679,

Thank you for your lovely constructive comments and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay.
It is such information no matter how trivial you might think that helps us refine our service.
We will certainly look into the telephone welcome screen glitch and the lack of the second pair of bedroom slippers/toiletries as our family are trained to recognize this.
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Wounderful hotel located at the middle of Abu Dhabi City with easy enteraces and exits, nearby the malls and korneash.

It was business stay in Amber room with nice welcome from the recpetion.

Rooms were wounderfull in its area and fully equiped with all neccessary requierments.

Valet parking service was really excellent and fast.

Guidance for any complication was nicely explained by staff.

Recommend for families and business trips

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank sadiq864
Dear sadiq864,

Thank you for your 'Superior" posting.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am even more delighted you found our valet service excellent and fast.
This is an area we have managed to retain under our management again and have been working hard on to improve.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was at this hotel for 4 nights, and was never disappointed. The room was excellent, and all of the staff were consistently friendly and helpful (I even received an upgrade to a small suite). Room service was prompt and the food was very, very good. The dinner buffet was very good, with a wide range of choices. Even the free wifi was excellent and I had no problems on Skype or surfing the internet. I highly recommend this hotel if you want an enjoyable place to live while in Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: Bring along the DVDs. The rooms have DVD players.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cristal H, General Manager at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Alene D,

Thank you for your magnificent comments.
We try very hard to exceed expectations so to note you found us to have "Superior Service" is truly wonderful.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I want to go back!, my husband and I stayed a couple of night here and were sorry that our stay was not longer, all the staff treated us like royals! There was never any thing that was too much trouble. Special thanks to Mr Amit, Mr John, Ms Tara, Mr Grace. We will be back. Thanks everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Liz B,

Thank you for that excellent posting.
It is a pleasure for me to read that so many of our family members made your stay special.
We also cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We really liked this hotel. The room was lovely - and we received an upgrade to a suite which was awesome. It was the perfect place to spend a couple of days to break up long haul flights. The bed was huge and comfortable, the room very clean. The bath was deep and long and as we arrived late at night after a long flight we really appreciated it. We had room service that night (OK, nothing special) then slept late. It was over 45 degrees outside so we stayed in. I had a wonderful massage, scrub and facial and that night we went to the restaurant. It was Friday curry night and we had 2-for-1 voucher so for less than $40 (aus) we had a massive and delicious dinner - so many curries! And Umm Ali (among other things) for dessert - yum. The next morning the car was ready and waiting on time to take us to the airport. At our next stop I realised I had left my phone at Cristal. When I opened my emails they had already been in touch to let me know and to organise sending my phone to Aus. They were very helpful and also patient as it took me a few days to get home and email through details.

Room Tip: The view from the higher floors looking out over the city is great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Coolbellup,

Thank you for that great review.
We are so delighted you enjoyed our restaurant and Spa.