“Still the Best in Abu Dhabi”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island
Ranked #45 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reston
“Still the Best in Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I highly recommend the Radisson Blu Yas Island hotel and its staff. I recently enjoyed a long term stay (6 months) in the hotel where I was able to sample the basic room, the business class room and their suites. All three were excellent.
Strengths:
+ Atmospherics. Clean, friendly, professional, quality. Great balance between individual comfort but not at the expense of other guests.
+ Excellent Value. Afsar was extremely helpful in creating an adaptable, long term contract that created a win – win – win situation for my employer, myself and the hotel.
+ Superb location. Near the airport. Free beach access. There is lots to do on Yas Island (F1 Track, du Arena, Ferrari World, Yas Water Works, concerts like the Rolling Stones and Justin Timberlake, and a variety restaurants) and in the vicinity. Downtown is readily accessible by bus, cab or rental car.
+ Pool. Beautiful lay out, very well maintained and clean. In the summer months, I found the chilled pool water very refreshing especially when swimming laps.
+ Excellent sleep quality. Rooms are quiet and well appointed.
+ Cleanliness. Both Stanford and Cryton kept my room spotless.
+ Laundry service. Very timely, quality laundry service.
+ Wifi and Ethernet came with the room for no additional charge.
Staff stand outs:
Afsar Khan, the Director of Sales. Afsar understands the concept of win-win-win; when I had to modify our long term arrangement because of circumstances beyond my control, he worked with management to make sure I was treated fairly.
Moses Solomon, Laundry Manager. Moses is very conscientious in making sure that each customer receives excellent service.
Ahdi Adel, night manager. In spite of my grumpiness, Ahdi came to my room made sure I was connected to the internet. When I checked in late and thought there was a problem with the wifi, Ahdi personally came to my room and fixed the problem which happened to be with my laptop and not the wifi. I was kind of embarrassed, but he was still gracious.
Stanford from house cleaning. Of the ten house cleaning staff that served me on different occasions, all were excellent, but Stanford was consistently the best because of the good job he did and his timeliness.
Recommendations:
If you are looking for excellent value, comfort and a great staff, you can’t go wrong staying at the Radisson Blu Yas Island.
The staff, is grateful to serve whether they were tipped or not. When they are tipped—which they are well deserving--they are even more grateful.

Room Tip: Avoid the 8th floor (top floor) in the summer months. Even with air conditioning, it just seems hot...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank markj105
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Markj105,

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing a detailed review.

We strive to provide all of our guests with 100% guest’s satisfaction and therefore we are very pleased that you were able to experience the exceptional and warmest service. It feels amazing that our team made your stay comfortable and memorable. Please rest assured that your inspiring comments will be passed on the team.

Once again we thank you very much for choosing Radisson Blu for your extended stay we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Craig Bruce - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Αθηνα
Reviewed 31 July 2014

From the moment you reach the lobby, the receptionists are willing to help, to assist, to do everything to make you feel you are on vacation, that you will have nothing else to do than ... have a good time.
Everyday the room is clean and tidy, water, coffee and stuff are replenished and if you are planning a long stay, even free laundry is provided in many cases.
Overall, We are considering it among the best hotel services we ever experienced and on very competitive prices.

Room Tip: Request a room with sea view: these rooms have a balcony and unlimited view to Arabic gulf.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ANASTASIA-PANOS
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear ANASTASIA-PANOS,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are glad to hear that your experience with us was good from start to finish starting with the helpful team, the clean and tidy room and overall the best hotel services you have ever experienced. We hope that we can welcome you back to Yas Island in the not so distant future.

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nice hotel right opposite the Formula 1 track and a few minutes from Ferrari World. Executive rooms have great views over the ocean. Very clean and spacious rooms. Wonderful Italian restaurant. Good value for money, friendly staff, amazing breakfast with endless options. New mall to open soon a few minutes away.

Room Tip: Beach views but have to walk a few minutes to the beach as the golf course is inbetween Executive r...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank td254
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear td254,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us from the great location by the F1 racetrack and Ferrari World, great views, clean and spacious rooms, friendly staff and amazing breakfast with endless options. It's also great that you got to experience our Italian restaurant Filini and as you mentioned the Yas Mall will be opening in a few months which will provide an amazing shopping experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Bangalore
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel..good for quiet and calm stay. Location is the only issue as it is not near the city center nor any shopping outlets. We need to get into taxis or have own car if we need to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear prashan97,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy the peace and quiet. As you mentioned we are about 30 minutes away from the city however we do provide a complimentary bus to take you there. We are also very excited for the Yas Mall to open in a couple of months on the island which will provide some great shopping experiences. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again for another relaxing stay in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I spent 3 nites at this hotel for work. The rooms are big and spacious and the pool looked very posh and inviting. Unfortunately I did not bring my swimsuit and the AUH heat was just too much to bear. I did see several singles, couples and families having loads of fun so I guess the pool must be good for kids big and small.

Breakfast was a good spread of fruits, juices, nuts , breads pasteries fresh from the kitchen oven. There was good spread of local and international delights from hummus to your scrambled eggs. My colleague tried the Moroccan Green Tea ( Mint and spices in green tea) and there was a good range of Tea or Coffee if you had time for a leisurely breakfast before work !

There is a SPA which I did not try out and some other restaurants too.

Rooms are big and tastefully decorated and well maintained by housekeeping ( no smelly sheets here for sure) .. it is not F1 season but I can see the F1 Marina Tracks from my hotel window. A good range of toiletries and plenty of complimentary drinking water was a real plus ! The hotel is located in a bunch of hotels ( at least 5 other properties like Rotana and Crowne just next door). Staff followed hotel industry protocol and as a lone female traveller was assigned a room near the lifts and not is secluded corner of hotel.

There is an Ikea nearby and a local Al Raha Mall ( 5-10mins by taxi) which I didnt visit if you need to stock some snacks and drinks.

Overall service was great, staff were friendly and pleasant.

Good to be able to charge my mobilephone for FREE at reception as I left my handphone charger at home.

Room Tip: Airport limo taxi to hotel costs AED45 Mall within 10mins taxi ride Breakfast is worth taking Po...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jet4worknplay,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island and for taking the time to write a review.

We strive to provide all of our guests with 100% guest satisfaction and therefore we are pleased that you were able to experience this from the big and spacious rooms to the inviting pool, the good spread at breakfast as well as great service and friendly and pleasant team. We hope that we can welcome you back again soon hopefully for a leisure trip so you can experience more of our facilities and Yas Island.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary at the hotel and the management and staff made it a truly memorable experience. We stayed in Sept 2012.

I made the booking and arrangements directly with the hotel reservations and from the outset the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I let the reservations staff know from the outset that this was our anniversary and they really went out of their way to make it a memorable experience. We booked into a premium suite which, when we arrived had been decked out in rose petals, flowers and decorations. I wanted the destination to be a surprise for my wife and the hotel limo driver was awesome in playing along, taking a roundabout route so my wife had no idea until we rolled up at the hotel foyer.

The hotel buffet was delicious with the roast duck being a particularly delectable highlight. We had dinner in the hotel's Italian restaurant but were quite disappointed in the service (I addressed this with the hotel management later and it was satisfactorily handled).

My wife was treated to a Spa treatment which she thoroughly enjoyed, she highly recommends this Spa.

Check in and check out were smooth and efficient, the staff friendly and helpful all of which made our experience a memorable one.

For a relaxing short getaway we can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve O
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Steve O,

We strive to provide our guests with a comfortable and memorable stay whilst with us and therefore we are extremely happy that you were able to experience this over your special time from the start to the end. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the special touch we made to your room along with the delicious buffet, the great spa treatment which your wife thoroughly enjoyed, the friendly and helpful team as well as the smooth and efficient check in and out.

We appreciate you recommending us and hope that we can welcome you back for another relaxing getaway soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel was great. Stayed for three nights and a conference. The room was clean and quiet, exactly what is needed for buisness trip. The choices for breakfast and lunch buffets were good and the italian pizza as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Roynaldo
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Roynaldo,

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu for your stay. We appreciate you taking time to write a review.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guest's have had enjoyed their stay and therefore we are glad that you were able to experience this. We hope that we can welcome you back to Yas Island again soon.

Craig Bruce – General Manager