“This hotel is definately a jewel on Yas Island”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island
Ranked #44 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Brussels
“This hotel is definately a jewel on Yas Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

Having arrived in the hotel in the late afternoon I was very surprised by the warmth and brightness of the lobby. The front office staff were a bit shy but very helpful .
I was checked into a very spacious room with a stunning view of the golf course and the arabian gulf. The hotel is still relatively young which means that some things are still going wrong, I was unable to eat at the persian restaurant which was advertised ( which is unfortunate)but the Italian restaurant at the back of the hotel was the perfect substitution. I was able to eat a seafood antipasti on the patio while I watched the sun set over the golf course. This hotel is definately a jewel on Yas Island

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Zatlapper
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, 1 December 2014
Dear Zatlapper,

We are glad to know you had a great stay.

Trust to see you again.

Craig Bruce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

Excellent hotel, 4*. Rooms are spacious, clean and well decorated. Outside pool and bar are very nice, although evening meals are rather expensive! However the buffet breakfast is very nice and staff are very helpful. If you plan on visiting Yas marina circuit or other nearby venues then an ecellent location as well, although about 30 mins from city centre.

Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Adam2804
Dear Adam2804,

Its a delight to know you had a great stay.

We look forward to see you again.

Manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

If you're planning to visit Yas Island and expect to see something other than the F1 circuit, don't bother. The place has the feel of a building site and is far from finished. The Raddission is 1 of 7 hotels at the top of the island and is average. Inatentive staff and an empty hotel don't make for a great experience!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Derby349
Dear Derby349,

Thank you for your feedback.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

This is a brandnew hotel, opened since October. We called the hotel from the airport info desk as it was adviced to be the nearest and cheapest. We needed it as we were not able to get a flight. On the telephone we agreed to take 2 rooms for AED700. When we arrived at the hotel with the complementary airport pickup, it turned out to be 700 per room….which we did not accept. As a comprise we got a big room (225), where they added 2 beds, for 900.
The room is luxurious and big. Plasma screen, very nice bathroom and very good showers. The pool is nice as well, but at this time of year there are hardly any guests. There is more staff than guests.

We dined in the Filini restaurant, that surved very good Italian food. Breakfast is also very good; a large buffet with plenty of choice.
When leaving we expected to get a complementary ride to the airport again, but that was not the case this time.
With other words; if you need a good quality new hotel for a reasonable price close to the airport this is recommendable. Make sure though that you make good arrangements about the price and transport.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank simonsmidt
Dear simonsmidt,

Its a delight to hear such a feedback.

Hope to see you in the future.

Dubai, UAE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

A very casual and unfriendly reception by the staff even though the hotel was running at less than 20% capacity (quoting the reservations agent the night before). I paid for an upgrade to a Corner Suite overlooking the golf course on the side of the bedroom and the hotel courtyard and a partial Yas Marina Circuit on the side of the living room.
Suite was adequately furnished with techie-gadgets, Ipod docks and the delightful coffee machine. However, the 5-pcs washroom was a complete disaster, ill positioned sink, busted walk-in shower door and terrible drainage - things you would least expect from a newly opened hotel.
Room service menu was limited to say the least with delivery time of over 45mins. In late December the hotel had only two restaurants operational. We tried the one serving buffet for dinner and the food selection was satisfactory.
Unless Radisson can excite the staff and perk up with benefits (such as free airport pick-up/drop-off, breakfast included, dinner and/or spa vouchers) it will not be able to sustain itself in the crowd, there are four other hotels in 300 meters proximity offering better value for money.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Dear princeadnan,

Thank you sending us your feedback.

Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2009

I was pleasently surprised with the Radisson Blu Hotel. The rooms are really something... very neat and modern with large flat screen tvs. The color of the rooms were great, very cool and calming.
When we checked in we had the most fantastic view with a balcony over looking the pool and soon to be golf coarse. The front desk was so kind to check us in before the check in time and our rooms were ready right away (we were excited to go out and see the pool).
Correct the hotel did just open but really I had no complaints about my room at all! I travelled there with my parents so we had a connecting room which really worked out fantastic!
We stayed one night over the weekend, which really felts like a weekend get away outside of Abu Dhabi. We took the new connector road and we were there in 15 minutes! The pool Is great! I felt as though there is enough room for everyone! The staff is also very attentive, ready to get you a juice or a pool side meal at any time! We tried the buffet restaurant for both Breakfast and dinner (large selection food was very fresh and tasty) (I also heard that there is a fantastic Italian restaurant) that I am sure we will try when we are back! For lunch we had a great time relaxing and ordering from the pool bar!

I loved that this night felt like a real weekend get away and you only have to drive 15 minutes.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank drainville
Dear drainville,

Appreciate your feedback.

Hope to see you again.

Nashville, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

This location just opened and is no where near ready to have guests. The location is on YAS island, so unless you have business here you should be in another part of Abu Dhabi. There is still a final clean up that has yet to be done to the hotel, but I do not mind the construction dust and caulk drippings. One colleague checked in and had a totally empty room. Not even a bed.
I once called for ice since there are no ice machines or ice buckets and after waiting 40 minutes went to the bar where they were glad to help.
Went to the pool and they make you sign out towels, but again almost a 40 minute wait for the towel girl to come.
After a long day of work I am eager to go to Assymetri, the 24 hour restaurant only to find out that they are closed. It turns out that the video that plays in the lobby and the sign on the front of Assymetri that says 24 hours are not correct.
I then went to my room to order room service to find out that you have to have a room service menu delivered. The 24 hour room service menu is printed "All Day Dining available from 11am to 10pm". Grrr... Really? I call the front desk and they tell me that room service is available. I get a menu delivered to my room and place my order and I am told that they would call me right back to confirm the order. No call. After an hour I call about my order and it was obvious it was never put in. I was told it would be at my room in 15 minutes. I waited for 30 minutes and finally went down to the front desk. I asked for the manager but the clerk insisted on trying to help me. I finally get so frustrated that I walked away and the manager followed me to the elevator to talk to me.
This is the first time I felt like anyone listened to my troubles and tried to help me. He understood that I could not even take a shower because I was waiting on my food for this long. I was so over getting my food when he finally insisted that I accept his apology and that he comp'ed my meal. I was very thankful that he listened to me and solved my problem.

In the good column, the pool was excellent. The bar staff was a bit pushy (and extremely slow) but the 3 part pool was great. The gym was also very nice. Good machines and free weights.
In several months this location might finally be ready to provide the customer service they wish they could. I hope the night managers "Yes I Can" attitude spreads through out the rest of the staff. Another shining star is David who works the breakfast and was the only employee I met that loved his job and did it well.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Dear setcarp,

Thank you sending us your feedback.