“Excellent Hotel, Impressive Service”

Park Rotana Abu Dhabi
Ranked #16 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Kent
“Excellent Hotel, Impressive Service”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I normally only submit reviews on my Vacation trips, but in this case I’ll make an exception. I stayed in the Park Rotana for 10 days in July on business and was very impressed; there was nothing to fault in this Hotel. From arrival to check-out, the standard of service from the staff was impeccable. Very professional and very competent while also being friendly and pleasant with guests. A combination you don’t often find in large hotels. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble for the staff and any requests, no matter how minor, were dealt with immediately and efficiently. The rooms are very large for a 4-Star Hotel, and they are fully equipped with every convenience you could require. The bathrooms are large and fully stocked with everything a business traveler needs. Laundry service was very good, and clothes were returned promptly, immaculate and well packaged. The food in the Hotels restaurants is extremely good, with an excellent choice for breakfast. The open buffet Carvery on a Friday Brunch is very good, and very reasonably priced. Even food from the bar menu in “Coopers” Bar was good. Coopers English-style bar is friendly and welcoming, and the bar staff were friendly and efficient, even when it gets extremely busy at the weekend. I watched the Open Golf on the large screen TV with a beer in hand, and it was almost like being back in the UK. The Hotel is a bit out of the City Centre, but a shuttle is available. I routinely used taxis to get into town, and the average price was around 25 Dirhams (5 pounds UK Sterling), which is minimal for a 15 minute journey. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel and would definitely stay there again. I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels on business, and my personal opinion is that the Park Rotana rates much higher than its official 4 stars. It’s a 5-Star hotel all the way in my book.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 10 August 2011

Greetings from the Park Rotana Complex!

First of all, let me thank you for your thorough and detailed online review of our property here on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and have been satisfied with all aspects of our services.

Your flattering remarks have been gladly shared with my team as such positive feedback constantly motivates us to provide the utmost in guest experience.

Thank you once again for choosing the Park Rotana as your preferred business hotel and we look forward to your return in the not-too-distant future.

Sascha Bartz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I had stay last June and i enjoyed every single day of my stay in this Hotel. The Hotel was great and most specially the friendliness of the staffs specially the guy in the Business Centre who was so friendly, cheerful and helpful. I surely would return in this Hotel.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business

Greetings from the Park Rotana Complex!

It is delightful to learn that you had an overall positive experience of our hotel and regarded our employees as friendly, cheerful and helpful.

Rest assured that we will not let these wonderful compliments come to pass without being conveyed to my team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words.

We very much look forward to your return in the very near future.

Brig
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I have stayed in Park Rotana hotel in 20th June, 2011 for one night.
Becuase I have arrived at 6AM, I took a hotel limo from the airport upon a request. I have paid around 100Dh while taxi will charge me around 50dh but if you think about actual price in your currency, you would not regret about it especially if you are in hurry or extreamly tired like I was. Even though I have arrived at 6Am, Check-in was very smooth and I did not have to wait for the room. Room was fine. It was good size and very clean. All the staffs in the hotel was extreamly kind and polite. Only problem that I found from this hotel was a location. There are no place to go by walk (But unless it is a winter(?) season, you would not even dare to walk....). From the hotel to City centre, it is going to cost around 50dh which is around same cost for airport. If you are thinkg about using the GYM (Which is extreamly important for me), you need to bring you sports shoes. Gym is finly equiped with skilled trainer.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Greetings from the Park Rotana Complex!

Thank you very much for sharing some informative comments about your recent experience in our hotel with other Trip Advisor users.

We very much hope that you would again consider the Park Rotana Hotel in all your future visits in Abu Dhabi and look forward to seeing you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The actual building is modern and reasonably nice - certainly in comparison to the badly designed building that dominate Abu Dhabi. However, be prepared to suffer lots of loud noise emanating from the Coopers Bar. Every Thursday and Friday Coopers produced really loud music from 9pm until 2am. I couldn't sleep at all - not least as they tend to leave the doors to the bar open.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TouristKing1212

Greetings from the Park Rotana Complex!

Thank you for spending some of your time to provide your valuable insight about our hotel here on Trip Advisor.

We will definitely take your comments into careful consideration as we further enhance our facilities and services to our guests’ utmost satisfaction.

Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Rotana very soon!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Stayed in a King Suite, very nicely appointed. The service and staff was exceptional, very helpful and friendly. Super comfortable bed, fresh bowl of fruit in-room, nice selection of bathroom amenities. My package included Internet, normally an extra charge in-room.

The Club Rotana on the the 9th floor provided morning breakfast that consisted of a selection of breads, cheeses, and spreads, as well as chicken sausages, turkey bacon, scrambled eggs, breakfast potato cakes, pancakes and french toast each morning. Several different fresh juices as well as a nice selection of beverages both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Desserts and tea sandwiches were provided here in the afternoons and at 7 pm evening hors d'œuvres and cocktails were served.

Private hotel car to the Abu Dhabi airport was 100 AED, the driver was friendly and pleasant. Several restaurants on the premises as well as a gym and spa. The hotel overlooks the Sheik Khalifa park, but I didn't see anything else within walking distance to do. A pleasant experience overall.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rovin-ronin
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 June 2011

Greetings from Park Rotana Abu Dhabi!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience of our hotel through this online post on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to receive your feedback and learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your insight is indeed valuable to other Trip Advisor users and once again, we thank you for your comments.

Looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Stayed at Park Rotana for a week in November 2010. The rooms are fantastic, and the outdoor pool and fitness centre are top notch. The most amazing experience, however, was eating on the outdoor patio of Teatro restaurant. This 'Asian-fusion' delight featured friendly staf and outstanding cuisine. We ate there 3 of our six nights! Grand Mosque is very close and is a must see, particularly at sundown.

I look forward to my next trip to the UAE so I can stay at Park Rotana!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank 10ACJed
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 11 April 2011

Greetings from Park Rotana Abu Dhabi!

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience in our property.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

Your compliments will definitely be shared with our team, particularly to Teatro, as such flattering remarks continuously inspire us to do our utmost in everything that we do.

We very much look forward to having you with us again in the not-too-distant future.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 March 2011

My third successful stay. They do a great job with the details and make every effort to make your stay worry free. From the staff, to the gym, to the pool, to the dining options - tops in all categories.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JRC_9

Greetings from Park Rotana Abu Dhabi!

Allow me to firstly thank you for posting your wonderful compliments about our hotel here on Trip Advisor.

It is indeed flattering to learn that your experience of Park Rotana is satisfactory and enjoyable without fail.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the members of my team and it will be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the nearest future.