“Good hotel with nice staff”

Park Rotana Abu Dhabi
Ranked #17 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and were pleasantly surprised how nice it was. The hotel was excellent with nice big rooms and bathrooms. There was a lot of security on the entrance to the hotel with airport scanners for your bags and a metal detector to pass through which was a bit of a nuisance but I think that was because of the increased security due to the grand prix as this also happened on the way into the grand prix. We ate in the Ginger buffet restaurant on the first night and it was a fish themed buffet which had lots of choice even if you were not a big fan of fish. The breakfast which we had booked in advance was also served in ginger and was also a buffet with lots of choice from cold to hot food, sweet, savoury and spicy. We were out at the Grand Prix most evenings so didn't get chance to try the other restaurants but they looked good. We ate at the pool bar one lunch time which was very nice I had a club sandwich served with chips. The spa facilities were good I had a head massage which was very pleasant and not expensive also the service charge was included on all the bills so the awful experience you get trying to decide what to tip was taken away. A really nice touch was that they provided a regular bus service to the Yas Marina circuit because they are a little far away from it, this was not a problem because of the bus and the cheap and plentiful supply of taxis in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from the Park Rotana Complex!

Thank you for having spent the Formula 1 weekend with us.

It is flattering to receive your remarks of praise about the facilities and services which you have experienced whilst in our premises. Your encouraging words have been shared with our team members and they are all very happy at your nice gesture.

On the other hand, I regret to hear about the difficulty that you had to go thru with our security protocol during the F1 event and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In ending, we thank you for taking the time to provide your online feedback and hope that you will again consider the Park Rotana as a place to stay with your family in the near future.

With best regards,

Sascha Bartz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

Reviewed 7 November 2012

This very nice hotel it is just 20 minutes taxi ride out of town, and about the same to Ferrari World.
It's location is also very good, for driving to Dubai and only a short distance to the Airport.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, the food in Coopers Bar is very good and with a nice atmosphere. Ginger restaurant has a very good buffet every evening, I cannot praise the Thursday evening "seafood" night high enough. Room service menu has something for everyone.
Rooms are very nice, with a large TV, chairs, desk and plenty of sockets for your gadgets. Bathroom is very large, towels are plentiful.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, further away from a lift the better, less noise from passing people. Upper flo...
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel for just one night on a business trip but the hotel was very good. The rooms are large and modern and for once the lighting and lamps were configured to allow me to switch off all the lights in the room bar my reading light which is something I struggle to do in many hotel rooms.

The quality of breakfast was very high and the loung is nice.

3  Thank Arfan2012
Reviewed 28 October 2012

After a somewhat disappointing stay at Ramee Royal Hotel Apartments I checked in at Park Rotana and was not disappointed.

It begins with the arrival with a round the clock team of valet staff that make you feel welcome and important. The lobby and general areas are modern yet warm and there is a nice buzz going around the place. The corridors are wide with the room numbers lighted up which gives a very cool feel. I had different meetings in the lobby and it was a pleasure being there, with staff being ready to serve at all times and the coffee is great.

My room was excellent being a great size, and excellent furnishings; an environment where you can lounge for hours reading a good book or working a bit. WIFI worked like a charm, though the pricing structure of this service is a bit over the top.

The breakfast was a proper five star layout with excellent service and some staff actually remembering your name which I think is excellent in a larger hotel. The pool and gym are also what you would expect of a 5 star property, and the service I received in the business centre printing my boarding pass for an outgoing flight was also excellent.

A critical note I need to place at some pricing. I mentioned the WIFI, but also food and beverage is quite steep. You do get excellent service and good food in return...

To close off, I had to chose between taking a taxi or a hotel limo back to Dubai Airport, which is a good 1 hour drive. The price difference is about AED 150, but after the great service in the hotel I decided to go for the limo and again, I was not disappointed. I had to depart at 02:00 in the morning, but the services at this time are not much different from in the day. So as I checked out, I decided to have a last cup of excellent espresso from the lobby lounge with a muffin and as I sat there, the valet staff politely took my bags and had the car (stretched 5 series) waiting. Upon getting in the car, the staff inquired whether I had my passport and ticket, reminded me there was one back in the trunk and the chauffeur took over enquiring as to what kind of music I would prefer during our trip...fantastic!

The conclusion for me is thus, spent a little bit of extra money and get a lot in return ;-)

3  Thank woudo
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I have stayed at this hotel as a long term guest in an apartment and several times in a hotel room. I was impressed when I returned two weeks ago after a twelve month absence they remembered me. Rooms are beautifully appointed and the bathrooms the height of luxury. For a great evening meal try Theatros. Half price until Seven. For a few beers the pub is good, try the steak pie also. Good swimming pool and gym. Must be an ok place, a fellow guest on my last stay was Bill Gates. Along with the Intercontinental the best place to stay in Abu Dhabi. Other Rotanas also pretty good.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Upon Arrival we were treated very well by the Reception Staff, who recognised it was Christmas eve and treated us in the Festive spirit, we were given a stocking full of Christmas Treats and a Cookie jar.

The food was perfect, absolutely perfect. Great range and cooked to perfection.

The pool was, perhaps sadly, in the shade, but this can only be expected as in Summer the sun would be unbearable. The pool was heated but for the last 2 days the boiler in the Apartment block failed and, as a result of this the pool was a little cold.

The pool-side drinks were massively over priced but as there was a Carafeour nearby we could easily buy snacks and drinks there.

Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Sammie-Jo69
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your wonderful Christmas experience at the Park Rotana Complex.

It is delightful indeed to learn that you had a memorable stay with us during the festive season and thoroughly enjoyed our food and the service that you have received from our colleagues.

On another note, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the pool temperature due to some unavoidable technical difficulty. Rest assured that this issue has been long sorted out and will not happen again.

In ending, I would like to thank you for your recommendation of our hotel to other TripAdvisor members and hope that you would consider us again in your future vacation trips.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 6 October 2012

The hotel offers a great experience. Loved the quality of interior, especially in the room. Service is excellent as well. Dinner at the buffet could use some richer choice, but no bad experience. Just had better buffets in other Rotana hotels. Internet connection was perfect, with no interruption and high speed and coverage. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed in a standard room, which was very elegant and spacious. There's no bad view to avoid so...
1  Thank Anton H
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from Park Rotana Complex!

I am very glad to know that you had overall an excellent experience during your recent stay in our hotel.

I have passed on your positive comments about our facilities and services to our team and have likewise noted of your feedback about our dinner buffet, which will be taken into consideration, as we ceaselessly improve to meet our guests' expectations.

Once again, we thank you for the time spent in providing your feedback and hope to welcome you back very soon.

With best regards,