“Relax in Style”

Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
“Relax in Style”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Recently stayed for two nights in connection to a Petroleum Exhibition in Abu Dhabi. Excellent Hotel and services exceeded my expectations. Very Clean and comfortable rooms. Room lighting is superb. Bathroom & fittings are very nice. Chefs are very competent to prepare great dishes. Overall... you are offered a hugely "wow" experience. Thanks

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Park Rotana. It is a little hard to find but otherwise a very nice place to stay. The room was clean and well appointed. The internet was fast. The deal I had included free internet access, so ask for that or you will have to pay extra. The decor is nice and breakfast is very good. (Again, I had breakfast included - not sure what it costs if you don't arrange that in advance.) I love valet parking and theirs is very efficient and fee, though I tip the guy that brings it to me. Staff are pretty typical of Gulf area hotel staff. Very pleasant though not as efficient as you may come across elsewhere.
Recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelibrarian
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from the Park Rotana Complex!

Thank you so much for posting a thorough review of our hotel, detailing each and every aspect of our property, from its location and rooms to the facilities and services that we offer, making it a very informative reference for other TripAdvisor users.

We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable experience with us and appreciate your recommendation of the Park Rotana as a very nice place to stay in.

Looking forward to your next visit to us.

Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and this hotel was fantastic!! The rooms are clean and the bathrooms fantastic, the hotel provides a free shuttle bus to and from the Yas Rotana on Yas Island which was ideal for the formula 1.
The swimming pool and swim up bar are great , however there isn't much sun on the pool until the afternoon. The reception area is nice and the food tasty but expensive and the service was very slow which could have been due to the Grand Prix. Overall for GBP 70 a night during an expensive time of the year this hotel was great!

Room Tip: I booked 7 months in advance and saved a lot of money
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Park Rotana during the sensational Formula 1 weekend.

I am pleased to hear that you had an overall positive experience with us and had enjoyed the facilities and services that we offer, specially the guest room and the swim up bar at the pool.

Furthermore, we have noted your comments about the food and delay in service in Ginger and rest assured that these points have already been addressed with the departments concerned.

Thank you once more for choosing our hotel as your accommodation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

England
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and were pleasantly surprised how nice it was. The hotel was excellent with nice big rooms and bathrooms. There was a lot of security on the entrance to the hotel with airport scanners for your bags and a metal detector to pass through which was a bit of a nuisance but I think that was because of the increased security due to the grand prix as this also happened on the way into the grand prix. We ate in the Ginger buffet restaurant on the first night and it was a fish themed buffet which had lots of choice even if you were not a big fan of fish. The breakfast which we had booked in advance was also served in ginger and was also a buffet with lots of choice from cold to hot food, sweet, savoury and spicy. We were out at the Grand Prix most evenings so didn't get chance to try the other restaurants but they looked good. We ate at the pool bar one lunch time which was very nice I had a club sandwich served with chips. The spa facilities were good I had a head massage which was very pleasant and not expensive also the service charge was included on all the bills so the awful experience you get trying to decide what to tip was taken away. A really nice touch was that they provided a regular bus service to the Yas Marina circuit because they are a little far away from it, this was not a problem because of the bus and the cheap and plentiful supply of taxis in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from the Park Rotana Complex!

Thank you for having spent the Formula 1 weekend with us.

It is flattering to receive your remarks of praise about the facilities and services which you have experienced whilst in our premises. Your encouraging words have been shared with our team members and they are all very happy at your nice gesture.

On the other hand, I regret to hear about the difficulty that you had to go thru with our security protocol during the F1 event and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In ending, we thank you for taking the time to provide your online feedback and hope that you will again consider the Park Rotana as a place to stay with your family in the near future.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This very nice hotel it is just 20 minutes taxi ride out of town, and about the same to Ferrari World.
It's location is also very good, for driving to Dubai and only a short distance to the Airport.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, the food in Coopers Bar is very good and with a nice atmosphere. Ginger restaurant has a very good buffet every evening, I cannot praise the Thursday evening "seafood" night high enough. Room service menu has something for everyone.
Rooms are very nice, with a large TV, chairs, desk and plenty of sockets for your gadgets. Bathroom is very large, towels are plentiful.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, further away from a lift the better, less noise from passing people. Upper flo...
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel for just one night on a business trip but the hotel was very good. The rooms are large and modern and for once the lighting and lamps were configured to allow me to switch off all the lights in the room bar my reading light which is something I struggle to do in many hotel rooms.

The quality of breakfast was very high and the loung is nice.

3 Thank Arfan2012
Port Alfred, South Africa
Reviewed 28 October 2012

After a somewhat disappointing stay at Ramee Royal Hotel Apartments I checked in at Park Rotana and was not disappointed.

It begins with the arrival with a round the clock team of valet staff that make you feel welcome and important. The lobby and general areas are modern yet warm and there is a nice buzz going around the place. The corridors are wide with the room numbers lighted up which gives a very cool feel. I had different meetings in the lobby and it was a pleasure being there, with staff being ready to serve at all times and the coffee is great.

My room was excellent being a great size, and excellent furnishings; an environment where you can lounge for hours reading a good book or working a bit. WIFI worked like a charm, though the pricing structure of this service is a bit over the top.

The breakfast was a proper five star layout with excellent service and some staff actually remembering your name which I think is excellent in a larger hotel. The pool and gym are also what you would expect of a 5 star property, and the service I received in the business centre printing my boarding pass for an outgoing flight was also excellent.

A critical note I need to place at some pricing. I mentioned the WIFI, but also food and beverage is quite steep. You do get excellent service and good food in return...

To close off, I had to chose between taking a taxi or a hotel limo back to Dubai Airport, which is a good 1 hour drive. The price difference is about AED 150, but after the great service in the hotel I decided to go for the limo and again, I was not disappointed. I had to depart at 02:00 in the morning, but the services at this time are not much different from in the day. So as I checked out, I decided to have a last cup of excellent espresso from the lobby lounge with a muffin and as I sat there, the valet staff politely took my bags and had the car (stretched 5 series) waiting. Upon getting in the car, the staff inquired whether I had my passport and ticket, reminded me there was one back in the trunk and the chauffeur took over enquiring as to what kind of music I would prefer during our trip...fantastic!

The conclusion for me is thus, spent a little bit of extra money and get a lot in return ;-)

3 Thank woudo