“Lovely”

Park Rotana Abu Dhabi
Ranked #17 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Check in was great efficient and instantly upgraded. Room was very clean with great modern decor and a lovely view of the park. The only thing which could of been improved on is free wireless! The charges they wanted for a hour were ridiculous! W ate in Coopers bar and my husbands meal was very nice but my was tasteless and over cooked! Breakfast was plenty to choose from and was topped up regularly and service was good. The hotel is approx 10-15 minutes drive outside of Abu Dhabi but taxis are cheap and plentiful.

Room Tip: Ask for park view on high floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Dear Tripadvisor member,

Greetings from Park Rotana Abu Dhabi!

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay in our property. I am glad to know that you were satisfied with check-in experience and your room as well as with the quality and variety of our breakfast.

On the other hand, we have taken note of your comments regarding internet charges and meal at Cooper’s. We always welcome and appreciate constructive feedback from our customers in order to improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for your patronage, and we hope to have you staying with us again soon.

Sascha Bartz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

I have just returned from a trip to Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The first five nights spent in this hotel.

It has quality all the way through it and I would recommend it to anyone wishing to stay around the Kalifa park area. It is out on its own though with very little surrounding it to encourage one away from the hotel.

The restaurant is excellent and there are several to choose from. Breakfast being served buffet style there is more choice than one can imagine as the hotel needs to cater for all needs. From a westerners perspective the only thing missing is bacon but they compromise with turkey bacon which is ok if a little less tasty.

The Grand Mosque is close by and worth a visit and unusually in this part of the world it is open to all apart from during prayers.

One point though is the neighbouring park. I was working during the week and planned to visit properly at the weekend but it was closed. Though shall not enjoy the weekend too much.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Tripadvisor member,

Greetings from Park Rotana Abu Dhabi!

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you very much for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. We also very much appreciate your compliments to our restaurants.

We hope that you will keep using Park Rotana Abu Dhabi during your trips to the capital in the future.

Sascha Bartz,

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Great business hotel form all angles. The room was spacious, modern and had everything that a busineess person would need. The location of the hotel is also great: right at the entrance of the city along a major highway which cuts acroos the whole city. The staff were very friendly and the food, as all the Rotana hotels, was great (both the breakfast and the lunch buffet). My only concern was their pool. I am fond of doing my daily swimming laps after work. I went down to their pool area and was very disappointed by their pool. It is not only extremely small (no way to do laps!!) but also situated between two huge towers so, no sun. Because of this, the pool area was deserted. I went back to my room and stayed for three days without my laps. By the way, this tiny pool is a shared pool between two hotels, this one and a sister property called Arjan Rotana. From both hotels no one was at the pool in the afternoon.

Room Tip: Great views from any room.
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I stayed at the Park Rotana for 5 days on a short business trip. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I had a King Classic room on 6th floor which for a single person was huge. Usual range of extras in the room. Nice touch was 2 free bottles of water each day. Being a fairly plain eater, I went to the Coopers bar 3 of the nights and had traditional 'pub grub' which was fine, though a wee bit pricey - as was the beer at about 36 dirhams or £6/pint. Biggest downside was the lack of free wifi in the hotel - that would be a huge benefit for someone like me who does not want to enable data roaming on my mobile phone. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport and about the same time from the Corniche and Marina Mall to the north of the city. The Grand Mosque is just 5 minutes away. Taxis were abundant and reliable throughout my trip.

2  Thank mcmahos
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Recently stayed for two nights in connection to a Petroleum Exhibition in Abu Dhabi. Excellent Hotel and services exceeded my expectations. Very Clean and comfortable rooms. Room lighting is superb. Bathroom & fittings are very nice. Chefs are very competent to prepare great dishes. Overall... you are offered a hugely "wow" experience. Thanks

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Park Rotana. It is a little hard to find but otherwise a very nice place to stay. The room was clean and well appointed. The internet was fast. The deal I had included free internet access, so ask for that or you will have to pay extra. The decor is nice and breakfast is very good. (Again, I had breakfast included - not sure what it costs if you don't arrange that in advance.) I love valet parking and theirs is very efficient and fee, though I tip the guy that brings it to me. Staff are pretty typical of Gulf area hotel staff. Very pleasant though not as efficient as you may come across elsewhere.
Recommended.

1  Thank Travelibrarian
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from the Park Rotana Complex!

Thank you so much for posting a thorough review of our hotel, detailing each and every aspect of our property, from its location and rooms to the facilities and services that we offer, making it a very informative reference for other TripAdvisor users.

We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable experience with us and appreciate your recommendation of the Park Rotana as a very nice place to stay in.

Looking forward to your next visit to us.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and this hotel was fantastic!! The rooms are clean and the bathrooms fantastic, the hotel provides a free shuttle bus to and from the Yas Rotana on Yas Island which was ideal for the formula 1.
The swimming pool and swim up bar are great , however there isn't much sun on the pool until the afternoon. The reception area is nice and the food tasty but expensive and the service was very slow which could have been due to the Grand Prix. Overall for GBP 70 a night during an expensive time of the year this hotel was great!

Room Tip: I booked 7 months in advance and saved a lot of money
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Park Rotana during the sensational Formula 1 weekend.

I am pleased to hear that you had an overall positive experience with us and had enjoyed the facilities and services that we offer, specially the guest room and the swim up bar at the pool.

Furthermore, we have noted your comments about the food and delay in service in Ginger and rest assured that these points have already been addressed with the departments concerned.

Thank you once more for choosing our hotel as your accommodation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.