“Park Rotana, Abu Dhabi”

Park Rotana Abu Dhabi
Ranked #17 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a nice business hotel. The hotel offered good efficient service. The hotel has well apportioned rooms and also a decent breakfast spread. The staff was very helpful and responsive. Very good value for money as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from the Park Rotana!

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Rotana Hotel, Abu Dhabi.

We truly appreciate that we have exceeded your expectation. We are delighted to read your positive comments on our hotel facilities, services and colleagues.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi.

Francisco Giles

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Impressive, as are most 5 star hotels in the Middle East but the Park Rotana actually stands out with the services and the dining available.

The rooms here are very spacious, well decorated and have impressive furnishing (again this is almost standard for 5 star hotels in the Middle East).

Small convenience items are thought of down to electrical adapters already in the room, master light switch as well as individual lighting control from a master panel right by the bed. DND & service buttons you can set with a button right by your bed so you don't have to get up and put the sign on the door etc...

The bed and pillows are just right.

The buffet at Gingers restaurant really has a good selection.

I am here on a business trip and the location is very convenient for me.

On a previous trip I stayed at the Rotana on Yas Island and was similarly impressed and several stays at Rotana properties in Dubai. (I am going to have to see what kind of rewards program Rotana offers)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Greetings from Park Rotana!

We truly appreciate the excellent comments you have posted on our hotel facilities and services.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming back to the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Just arrived at this hotel and I am really NOT impressed
Ok, nice staff and the room is 5 star standards but they are charging me about £50 for 3 days wi if usage.... the hotel is 30 mins away from central Abu Dhabi.... I will pay £100 more next time but at least I ll be downtown and will have free wi fi...

No way I am EVER coming back here

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Raffa186
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Greetings from Park Rotana!

First, I would like to thank you for having selected Park Rotana, Abu Dhabi during your recent visit to Abu Dhabi. I am indeed very concerned to learn of your disappointment with our internet charges.

We have conducted market survey of internet charges of all 5-star hotels in Abu Dhabi and found that Park Rotana internet charges are comparatively within range in the market and in most cases lower than other hotels.

We do offer complimentary internet in our Club Rotana rooms and all suites as an additional benefit for these room categories.

We hope this does not deter you from visiting us in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

What can be worse to a hotel than a single person who ruin your whole experience. When we checked in the gentleman in the reception was very professional, he saw that I was holding my baby who started to nag so he offered me the room key till my husband finish the check-in formalities. The room size is very good, its clean and well decorated. We went for brunch since it was Friday and food was really good and the value for the buffet is good as well. The hotel is a business hotel so there is a shared pool with Rotana Arjaan, its a bit small and busy. In the morning we went for breakfast and the same person in 2 occasions has been rude to us. I went first to get some eggs, since am not blond and my eyes aren't blue, he ignored my totally and asked the gentleman next to me- who was European- how he like the eggs, I ended up taking a boiled egg because really I didn't want to ask him for anything. My husband went after me - and without me mention that even to him- and ask for omelet but again the chef ignored him totally and took another blond man order who was very gentle to remind him that my husband came first. We spoke to the lady in charge and mentioned clearly that we will never come back to this hotel because of this rude person, this is hospitality business and not monkey business if they are hiring some. I would have give them hotel 4 out of 5 rating but because of this experience I give 3.

Room Tip: The room view of the park is very recommended.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sima_Droubi
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Greetings from Park Rotana!

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Rotana Hotel, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services and facilities but please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant service you experienced in our Ginger Restaurant. I have addressed this matter with my Food & Beverage team to ensure the breakfast Chef understands his error and we promise no re-occurrence of this behavior.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed for two nights based on the Tripadvisor reviews and the very reasonable rates which can be found on booking.com (£60 a night). Upon landing at the airport, there was a very friendly rep from Rotana who helped us find an ATM and taxi (40-50 AED or just under £10). The hotel is very modern and well designed with friendly and efficient staff. The location was good for us with a taxi to the grand mosque costing 15 AED and Al Wahda mall about 35 AED. The gym was also of a good standard and open late. My only complaint would be the excessive cost of extras (85 AED for 24hrs Internet, 85 AED per person for breakfast) which are irrelevant for the business traveller but of more concern to leisure travellers like us!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Park Rotana!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services and facilities and I really appreciate your comments regarding our location.

I would also like to comment that we do offer complimentary internet in our Club Rotana rooms and all suites as an additional benefit.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed @ Park Rotana for one night to enjoy the Metallica concert in Du Arena, Yas F1 Circuit.

Got a very good deal, but was not expecting anything special from the Hotel. Man, was I wrong!! The hotel was much better than expected. The staffs were very friendly and I also got the option for a late 4PM checkout.

Now some key features about the hotel which really impressed me:
1. Very friendly and helpful stuff
2. Clean room, with nice linen and toiletries. They provide toiletries by L'OCCITANE.
3. Very accommodating front desk: Being a smoker (which I am not proud of) I forgot to mention that I wanted a smoking room. After entering the room I realized it was a non smoking one. I called the front desk and they immediately accommodated me.
4. Good entertainment system
5. Did not try the room service, but the buffet breakfast was very good (though a bit expensive)
6. The location of the hotel is in the outskirt of Abu Dhabi (just at the entrance of the island), so don't expect any major attraction nearby. Though the famous Sheikh Zayed Mosque is minutes away. A must see for tourists. It welcomes visitors from all religion. Taxis are always available to take you wherever you want, 24/7. There is a nice park just behind the hotel, which looked nice if you want to enjoy some fresh air or go out for a walk.
7. The shower was excellent. Had one of the rain shower device, much better than the usual bathtub which till date I have never used in any of the hotels I stayed.
8. Did not get to use the Gym or Pool, guess they will also be nice
9. The interior decor of the room and lobby is what got full marks from me. It was sedate and comforting

Overall, if you are planning for a trip to (short/Extended) and want to get value out of your money spent on accommodation, I strongly suggest you pick this hotel.

Thanks Park Rotana team for the lovely, hospitable & relaxing stay at your property.

All the best folk. Keep up the Wanderlust spirit!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room @ top level floors if you want to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Luis_Cifer
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Greetings from Park Rotana!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services and facilities and I really appreciate your comments with our facilities, guest room experience and location.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at the Park Rotana for a week while on a business trip to Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The hotel sent a BMW to pick us up at the airport and a Mercedes to take us back--a great way to start and end a trip! The hotel has a nice lobby with comfortable seating and a café with hot and cold drinks and snacks. There is a tiny gift shop that had a limited range of merchandise. In addition, there is a business center with several computers and printers, attached to a small conference room that we used for meetings; the staff member in the center was very efficient and helpful.. There also are a pool, spa, and workout room that I didn't use but others said were well equipped and staffed. My guest room was large and comfortable with a king sized bed, chaise, and desk and chair. There was a tea kettle with coffee and tea, bottled water, and a nice array of bath supplies. We ate at the three restaurants in the hotel. Ginger is a buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that had a nice assortment of dishes at all the meals, plus a chef for individual dishes. Teatro was a well laid out restaurant with a bar, serving Asian, Italian, and other cuisines. Coopers was a pub-type bar and restaurant that had good, reasonable food and wine but that was also, not unexpectedly, crowded, noisy, and smokey. The hotel is well served by an attentive, efficient, and friendly staff, from the front desk to the restaurants to the housekeepers. The hotel is located between the airport and city so that transportation is necessary. We used the hotel shuttle for short distances and taxis for longer distances. Overall, I found the Park Rotana an excellent business hotel and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Greetings from Park Rotana!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services, facilities and dining experience and I really appreciate your comments on our outlets and location.