“Coopers-Good Food, lousy service”

Park Rotana Abu Dhabi
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Coopers-Good Food, lousy service”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I went with my wife for a bar supper and some drinks at Coopers. The food arrived. I had salmon on mash with carbonara sauce. The food was really nice, however as soon as my plate was empty, it and my mat were whisked away with no comment.

Has anyone else had an experience where the staff don't care, forget to serve you drinks, after something has been cancelled it arrives, over charge you, then say the manager isn't there when you try to complain. I asked for the General Manager to call me, and was assured that he would call me yesterday, but I guess he forgot

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew M
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 30 June 2013

Greetings from the Park Rotana!

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your dining experience at Cooper’s.

Firstly, I apologize that the service did not meet your expectations, my colleagues in Cooper’s are well aware of the high service standards in place.

The cappuccino that you ordered was removed from the bill to recompense for the delay as regrettably, your request to take the service charge off the bill was not possible.

I also tried to contact you and called you through your company number however to no avail, I will endeavor to call you and speak to you further on your experience.

Once again, thank you for your constructive review. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Francisco Giles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sharjah
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We spent a night at the hotel and really enjoyed our stay..the rooms are v gud..with great breakfast variety and above all excellent guest services. Thanku Mr. KAREEM who was very helpful and supportive throughout. It was a wonderful stay and we wish to stay with them again in the future...
Quratullain

• Stayed June 2013
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 12 June 2013

Greetings from the Park Rotana!

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a positive review.

We truly appreciate your comments and glad that we have exceeded your expectations.

I will be passing on your commendations to Kareem.

We look forward to welcoming you the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The rooms in this hotel are great; I had a nice view of the Sheikh Zayed Bridge and ocean. The staff was very attentive. The internet went down for an hour and I called to inquire about it, and they sent a fruit bowl up as an apology for my inconvenience. The restaurants have great buffets, and the Roast Carvery at Coopers Pub on Fridays is top notch. Though the Grand Mosque is close, don't try walking to it, as it is so big distances are deceptive.

Room Tip: Coopers' can get quite loud on the weekend; a room on a higher level solves this.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We were delighted you enjoyed our facilities, and felt the efficient snd friendly service of our colleagues.

We are sorry for on the interrupted internet service during your stay and glad that you appreciated our gesture.

We do provide complimentary transportation twice daily from the hotel to the Mosque, first trip at 10:00am with pick-up at 12:30pm and 2nd trip at 05:10pm with pick-up at 06:00pm for your future reference.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Park Rotana in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 7 June 2013

On one of my many trips to Abu Dhabi, I stayed at the Park Rotana because of a very good value-for-money offer from Agoda! It is a beautiful property but a 35 AED taxi-ride away from downtown. We reached a little late in the afternoon and ordered a Nasi Goreng from the room-service! It took a little over an hour for the order to arrive - the rice was re-heated and spiky hard with burnt chicken pieces. I had to rush for a meeting back to downtown and did not create an issue at the time. The rooms are excellent-beds wonderfully comfortable, shower pressure-temperature 5 star standards. The breakfast was a fantabulous spread. The staff seemed new and untrained all across from the concierge to room service to house-keeping. Upon checkout, I complained loudly about the room service order. Unfortunately the concerned F & B leader was not in the hotel, but the front-desk staff waived off that bill. with so many other 5 star hotels in Abu Dhabi, I would skip this one!

Room Tip: Rotana rooms all across are excellent!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank drallah

Greetings from the Park Rotana!

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We apologize that the Nasi Goreng from our in room dining was not to your expectation and I am happy that our colleagues corrected your bill.

Thank you also for recognizing the service of our colleagues.

We are also delighted that you were pleased with our rooms and the breakfast buffet at Ginger’s Restaurant.

We hope you have the opportunity of returning to the Park Rotana in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed for two nights, not business related. Yes, it is about $8 to downtown via taxi, but it also is close to the Grand Mosque, Sport City, and a few malls. Free shuttles are provided to some. Upon arrival, I was upgraded to a suite which was fantastic. Pay the extra for the Executive Club level - Tatyana is the hostess, and she is wonderful! Plus, you'll save money on not having to eat every meal in the on-site restaurants. Teatro was delicious, and not outrageously priced, especially for the quality. Spa offers a wonderful massage. Pool, tennis courts, and a playground for the kids (and a kiddy pool). Again, not within walking distance to anything, but the outstanding service and rooms far outweighs the inconvenience - I will stay here the next time I am in Abu Dhabi!

Room Tip: pay extra for Executive Club level.....
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 11Claire11

Greetings from the Park Rotana!

We are delighted to exceed your expectation with our facilities, services and dining experience and that you have enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our Club Rotana and I will certainly relay your commendation to Tatyana.

We look forward to welcome you again at the Park Rotana on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 June 2013

At first I was worried about taking my family to this hotel for the weekend, We spent most of the time in the room because there really is nothing much to do there. The pool is awful its shared by an apartment block so you can imagine the type of people hanging around the place.

The breakfast is really good the main restaurant is great the only issue is the person standing behind the egg counter is rude and racist, at first i thought it was just my bad luck but when i got back to the table i found out that he was just as rude me my wife.

As soon as i heard what he had done i spoke to the restaurant manager then to the guest relations manager that such racist behaviour will not be tolerated.

We also noticed allot of mosquitoes and insects which start flying around during sunset which made our already terrible outdoor experience even worst. You would think they would consider solving this issue one way or another.

In light if this we left early and will never go there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gomaam
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from Park Rotana!

Firstly, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced in our Ginger Restaurant. I addressed this matter with my Food & Beverage team to ensure the breakfast Chef understands his error.

I would also like to comment that we are carrying out regular pest control in our gardens and landscaping and see into using more effective treatment.

We hope you have the opportunity of visiting us in the near future.

Your Sincerely,

kent
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Came here on a six day break. On arrival very friendly staff at the front , very efficient reception check in. We were offered an upgrade to club room for a fee which we accepted. It was well worth it. We started off in a premier room on the 3rd floor than when we filled out the questionnaire on the club lounge the next day , I put down that I would prefer a club room on the 9th floor and they acted on that and moved us to the 9th floor. Such a pleasant surprise. Girls on the club lounge are soooo nice and friendly really made our stay extra special. Within a day they know your name, drinks you like , in the end you just walk into the lounge and your drinks are already there on your favourite area of seating. Nice pool area but is shared with Complex next door. As this is mainly a business hotel it's not that busy in the day. Beach is about 25mins away (shuttle bus provided) Al Baten beach is not that great and they charge 50Dhs for 1 sun lounger , bit of a rip off. If you like the beach than best to book a beach hotel on corniche area. The gym , sauna and steam are excellent with friendly staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Park Rotana and would definitely book this hotel again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mirchew

Greetings from the Park Rotana!

Thank you for your kind review and valuable feedback.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at our Club Rotana floor and appreciate your comments regarding Al Bateen beach and pool.

I will convey your commendation to our colleagues at the Club Rotana floor and on behalf express that it is our pleasure to serve and exceed your expectation.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Park Rotana in the near future.