“How Restaurant service can prevent me from staying again.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Park Rotana Abu Dhabi
Ranked #20 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“How Restaurant service can prevent me from staying again.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Where to start....

Hotel- Immaculate as usual, with the room just as you would like it.

Front Office staff - Great service and always there to help.

Breakfast (ginger) - great as always.

Sushi Restaurant (Teatro)......poor poor poor service!....

Entering at 8 pm for a drink at the Bar to wait for table for 2....no problem, that is normal.
Ordering food at Bar and start eating starter that was brought to the Bar, cause there is no table.....no problem for me......then a table that was reserved cancelled and we got table to sit......just before leaving the bar asked for another drink round and showed the bartender where we are sitting...........o we were sitting and sitting and sitting, asking twice for drinks that was ordered , other people getting drinks that ordered after my order.
Waiting for the main course and drinks, asking multiple times to staff and eventually asking Manager which gave me a big explanation of the eastern kitchen this and western kitchen that....and then after he realized I'm going to throw my toys, the main dish got there in 10 minutes....mmmm it takes so long to make the sushi....8 pm till 11 pm, must have forgotten my order, yo sushi on a conveyer belt is better service and 1/4 the price, i thought the extra money i pay is for service...guess again.
At the end when they want me to pay, i wanted them to charge it to my room...which made the Managers face change and realize....o ....this will be a problem....he is not just a walk-in customer, but actually staying at Hotel...in an instant realizing and asking if I want a free cocktail or coffee for the 2 of us......after 600 aed spent on 4 cocktails and sushi........and pathetic service.....I rest my case.......
....sometimes a coffee is not gonna wash down the disappointment....what a pity to have this associated with a great Hotel......signature dining, sure..........

the overall rating should be higher for Hotel, but Restaurant brings it down to 3.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 3 July 2013

Greetings from the Park Rotana!

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Rotana during your recent visit to Abu Dhabi.

Great to read you were happy with most areas of service and the condition of the hotel

It was indeed very disappointing to read of your experience in Teatro. All I can do for now is apologise and I will endeavour to call you and speak to you personally.

I really hope that this experience does not deter you of visiting Teatro on another occasion and assure you this was an isolated incident.

Francisco Giles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Xi'an, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

The hotel is good the problem is that it is far from the city. When I stayed here there was construction all over the place and getting there was difficult. Not to mention a cab ride to Marina Mall was 50 UAE.

The thing I enjoyed the most about this hotel was the breakfast buffet. It has an excellent breakfast buffet and it was my favorite time of day during my stay at this hotel.

The pool comes in at a close second. Beautiful pool with a bar. Only thing is that it is outside and so it has to be an evening activity as the sun is very strong during the day. Higly enjoyable and a great way to make friends.

The staff was excellent in every way. Very helpful and attentive. Always ready to help.

The room was excellent and the bed was difficult to leave in the morning. Had it not been that my friends where waiting for me for breakfast I would not have gotten up.

The Park Rotana is an great hotel outside from where a person just arriving in Abu Dhabi would want to stay. It is a comfortable hotel lacking one thin and that is LOCATION. If you are booking your hotel yourself I would recommend looking elsewhere as you can get close to the same for less and it much better locations.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 July 2013

Greetings from the Park Rotana!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

We are glad that the breakfast, pool bar, room and our excellent service were to your satisfaction.

I would like to comment that we do offer complimentary shuttle services to Mushrif and Al Wahda Malls scheduled twice daily for our guests’ convenience which does help us when our location is considered to be a little way from the malls.

We hope you have the opportunity of coming back to the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a fine hotel in Abu Dhabi. Ok, its not in the tourist club area, nor on the cornice, however, its clean, of a high standard, the staff are friendly and the facilities are very good.

Breakfast is outstanding - like most places in the UAE, 'excess' seems to be the rule of thumb re brekky, the selection on offer is first class. The gym is good, the Canadian guy, Tony, is a good friendly guy. Coopers bar is good fun and the pool area seems nice. Reception staff are very friendly which is nice - Ellaine in particular is an excellent exponent of hat the hotel stands for - a very friendly and attentive professional. I also, enjoyed the club service on the top floor, where, for an extra fee, you could enjoy sandwiches, cakes, drinks, internet and beers (7pm-9pm) throughout the day. I think this cost me circa 175 dhms in total.

However, please do not use the telephone in your room. I made circa 5 calls to the UK and Australia (brief calls) and was charged over 1000 dhms... I was in total shock at this. It did turn me off the hotel a bit... I would stay here again, but I definitely would not be making any calls - this is frustrating, as I left the hotel feeling slightly conned and 'ripped off'.

Anyway, as a stopover in Abu Dhabi, this hotel is perfect - its also suitable for business or holiday. Have a look...you wont be disappointed, unless you make phone calls..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from Park Rotana!

First, I would like to thank you for having selected Park Rotana, Abu Dhabi during your recent visit to Abu Dhabi.

We are delighted to exceed your expectation with our facilities, services and dining experience and that you have enjoyed our Club Rotana benefits. I appreciate your comments of my colleagues and will be happy to inform them of your commendation.

I am indeed very concerned to learn of your disappointment with our international call charges, in response we conducted a market survey of international call charges of all 5-star hotels in Abu Dhabi and found that Park Rotana rates are comparatively within range in the market and lower than other hotels for calls to certain countries.

We hope this does not deter you from visiting the Park Rotana on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I went with my wife for a bar supper and some drinks at Coopers. The food arrived. I had salmon on mash with carbonara sauce. The food was really nice, however as soon as my plate was empty, it and my mat were whisked away with no comment.

Has anyone else had an experience where the staff don't care, forget to serve you drinks, after something has been cancelled it arrives, over charge you, then say the manager isn't there when you try to complain. I asked for the General Manager to call me, and was assured that he would call me yesterday, but I guess he forgot

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew M

Greetings from the Park Rotana!

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your dining experience at Cooper’s.

Firstly, I apologize that the service did not meet your expectations, my colleagues in Cooper’s are well aware of the high service standards in place.

The cappuccino that you ordered was removed from the bill to recompense for the delay as regrettably, your request to take the service charge off the bill was not possible.

I also tried to contact you and called you through your company number however to no avail, I will endeavor to call you and speak to you further on your experience.

Once again, thank you for your constructive review. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Sharjah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We spent a night at the hotel and really enjoyed our stay..the rooms are v gud..with great breakfast variety and above all excellent guest services. Thanku Mr. KAREEM who was very helpful and supportive throughout. It was a wonderful stay and we wish to stay with them again in the future...
Quratullain

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 12 June 2013

Greetings from the Park Rotana!

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a positive review.

We truly appreciate your comments and glad that we have exceeded your expectations.

I will be passing on your commendations to Kareem.

We look forward to welcoming you the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

The rooms in this hotel are great; I had a nice view of the Sheikh Zayed Bridge and ocean. The staff was very attentive. The internet went down for an hour and I called to inquire about it, and they sent a fruit bowl up as an apology for my inconvenience. The restaurants have great buffets, and the Roast Carvery at Coopers Pub on Fridays is top notch. Though the Grand Mosque is close, don't try walking to it, as it is so big distances are deceptive.

Room Tip: Coopers' can get quite loud on the weekend; a room on a higher level solves this.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We were delighted you enjoyed our facilities, and felt the efficient snd friendly service of our colleagues.

We are sorry for on the interrupted internet service during your stay and glad that you appreciated our gesture.

We do provide complimentary transportation twice daily from the hotel to the Mosque, first trip at 10:00am with pick-up at 12:30pm and 2nd trip at 05:10pm with pick-up at 06:00pm for your future reference.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Park Rotana in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

On one of my many trips to Abu Dhabi, I stayed at the Park Rotana because of a very good value-for-money offer from Agoda! It is a beautiful property but a 35 AED taxi-ride away from downtown. We reached a little late in the afternoon and ordered a Nasi Goreng from the room-service! It took a little over an hour for the order to arrive - the rice was re-heated and spiky hard with burnt chicken pieces. I had to rush for a meeting back to downtown and did not create an issue at the time. The rooms are excellent-beds wonderfully comfortable, shower pressure-temperature 5 star standards. The breakfast was a fantabulous spread. The staff seemed new and untrained all across from the concierge to room service to house-keeping. Upon checkout, I complained loudly about the room service order. Unfortunately the concerned F & B leader was not in the hotel, but the front-desk staff waived off that bill. with so many other 5 star hotels in Abu Dhabi, I would skip this one!

Room Tip: Rotana rooms all across are excellent!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank drallah

Greetings from the Park Rotana!

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We apologize that the Nasi Goreng from our in room dining was not to your expectation and I am happy that our colleagues corrected your bill.

Thank you also for recognizing the service of our colleagues.

We are also delighted that you were pleased with our rooms and the breakfast buffet at Ginger’s Restaurant.

We hope you have the opportunity of returning to the Park Rotana in the near future.