“Excellent hotel but expensive wifi and poor location”

Park Rotana Abu Dhabi
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I spent one night in transit in this hotel. It is very nice, fulfilling my expectations of a five star hotel. Rooms are large, spacious, and clean, with hot water (lacking on much of the rest of my trip!), service was friendly, breakfast was good with a wide selection catering to many different cultural preferences. As with previous reviewers, I object to paying for Wi-Fi in this day and age, when internet access should be automatically included free of charge with all room rates. The evening buffet was good, but exorbitantly expensive.

The hotel is about half an hour from the airport, but located nowhere near any nice place to walk or explore - just surrounded by freeways. It does not seem a good location for going for a run or even wandering around for a bit of exercise.

I you are looking for a generic five-star experience, this is hotel is fine, but I would not want to stay here for too long, as it is too isolated.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi. I'm glad to read that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay and that our pricing is in line with 5-star hotels in the city.

Park Rotana is located just 5 minutes drive from the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. There is a complimentary bus to the Mosque, Abu Dhabi malls and Al Bateen Beach. Yas Island is 20 minutes by taxi. Very soon, the Six Continents amusement park will open in Khalifa Park within walking distance. Have fun and enjoy the pavilions, rides and amusements.

Regarding your comment on Wi-Fi, please be informed that it is complimentary at our Club Rotana floor and suites. We have made sure that our changes for other room categories are competitive with 5-star properties in Abu Dhabi.

I hope you have the opportunity of visiting the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Park Rotana on a business trip and, yes, this is a very nice hotel. Nice rooms, good selection of adequate restaurants (with 'hotel' food unfortunately, and not any sort of dining experience), pleasant staff etc. Like many hotels in the region, food waste is an issue that offends my sensibilities here - enormous quantities of food are available at buffets, conference room functions etc and I estimate only about 10% was actually consumed. I just hope that the remainder is at least put to good (charitable) use and not just discarded. But, although a newly built hotel - lets face it, most of Abu Dhabi is 'newly built - it hasn't yet entered the 21st century. Biggest gripe is Internet access - not only is to charged for (unless you pay extra and stay on the Club floor) but it is expensive. There is no excuse for this in the present day where Internet is as essential to business travel as a good bed at night! Its one of the few hotels I know that promote themselves as a business hotel but charges for Internet access. Also, no Ipod docking facilities in the rooms, just a normal TV. Other issues disappoint such as no bath (just a shower), cheap and inadequate Rotana-brand toiliteries and hit-and-miss room service (e.g. the cheap coffee/tea sachets were not replenished even once during my 4 day stay). The hotel is also isolated (between the city and airport in the middle of a tangle of freeways) so don't even think about walking anywhere!
Would I stay there again? Probably not by choice. Paying for Internet, the isolation of the hotel, and the absence of any real commitment to or even a policy on environmental management would not make, for me, a pleasant business or vacation experience. I lived in Abu Dhabi for many years and there are better hotels.

1  Thank A_TravellerAdelaide

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We would like to thank you for your choosing Park Rotana Abu Dhabi and for sharing your recent experience with us.

Regarding your comment on Wi-Fi, please be informed that it is complimentary at our Club Rotana floor and suites. We constantly try to keep competitive prices in line with other 5-star hotels in Abu Dhabi.

Guests can always upgrade a room with a bath, L'occitane amenities, complimentary Wi-Fi and access to the Club Rotana floor. You can also book a room at Park Arjaan hotel apartments that has a bath, 2 Sony TV plasma screens, kitchen, etc.

Concerning the hotel’s location, please be informed that there is a complimentary bus to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi malls and Al Bateen Beach. Very soon, the Six Continents amusement park will open in Khalifa Park within walking distance. Have fun and enjoy the pavilions, rides and amusements.

We are delighted to read your feedback on our hotel and we are glad that overall you enjoyed Park Rotana Abu Dhabi.

Further, we will work on your suggestions to make improvements in 2014.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Decided to book the Park Rotana again as it proves excellent value for money and is in a quiet enough area outside of the city. My stay was made even more memorable by my experiences with Raj at reception and Manish in Coopers bar. Raj is a highly professional guy who knows how to treat guests and fix any issues they may have. I could not recommend him enough! Manish (think this is the spelling) provides fantastic service in the Coopers bar (50% happy hour by the way from 12pm until 12am!!). He is kind, approachable, professional and would definitely be behind my bar if I opened one in the Middle East!

The hotel was the same as before - excellent. I will be back (at the same prices currently charged) and will recommend to fellow travellers. You should look into providing free wifi - paying for wifi grates me when travelling.

Well done guys - customer service is EXCELLENT. Keep up the good work! I will be back.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi and I'm delighted to read that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. Rest assured your comments about Raj will be shared with the entire Front Office and Cooper’s bar management team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Rotana Abu Dhabi!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for week long vacation. This hotel is excellent and the location by the Grand Mosque and property are in the very nice Khalifa Park area. Rooms are very clean and derervedly 5 star standard. All staff are very friendly and very attentve. My special thanks to the Ginger Restaurant Breakfast Team and the Concierge and Valet Parking Team. I decided to travel round by rental car, however, there is a bus stop nearby, lots of tourist maps at the reception, tours nd taxis available in the lobby.

When I am again fortnate enough to visit Abu Dhabi, will definately consider this hotel. Fell free to ask if you require any furher details about my stay a this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We would like to thank you for your encouraging response regarding your stay at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi and I'm pleased to read that we have exceeded to meet all your expectations during your stay.

We appreciate your feedback and glad to know you have appreciated all our efforts to make you stay at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi enjoyable. I will ensure the Ginger Management team, Concierge and the valet team affirms your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Rotana Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel is one of the best i have stayed in for business reasons for many a year. It does all it can to make the inevitable business dreariness into a pleasant experience! Rooms are great, the facilities on the Club floor make it easy to work and relax and the overall atmosphere is very good. Strongly recommend if you want to work in this part of Abu Dhabi - probably not too convenient for tourists who want to be down-town though.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the airport can have an early morning call from departing aircraft but it is only v...

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We would like to show our deepest appreciation for your encouraging response regarding your stay at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi and I am pleased to read that we have exceeded to meet all your expectations during your stay.

We rarely hear from the guests complains regarding noise from the airport and will take into consideration your comment in the future.

We look forward to welcome you back to Park Rotana Abu Dhabi n the nearest future.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The location looks like overlooking a refinery plant, but on the other hand, it is very near by one of the greatest mosques, Sheikh Zayed Grand mosque, taxi cabs are aligned nearby the hotel so your dont need to worry at any time of the day. Breakfast was nice

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi and I'm glad to read that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. Rest assured your comments will be shared with the entire team, in order to keep improving the quality of our service.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you again at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have not stayed in the hotel but I have used Cooper's bar and restaurant on several occasions. The food is good and it and the beverages are reasonable priced. It has a happy atmosphere. The staff have always been very helpful and pleasant. In particular, Saurabh has been consistently kind, attentive and efficient beyond the call of duty.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Greetings from Cooper’s, Park Rotana!

We would like to thank you for your nice comments about Cooper’s. It is elating to read that you’ve had a good experience with us and that you’ve enjoyed our food and beverage selection.
Rest assured you r feedback about Saurabh will be shared with Cooper's management team.
We look forward to welcome you again at the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi.

Your Sincerely,