Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$301
US$259
US$113
US$101
Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$74
US$377
US$329
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$60
3,896 results
All reviewsmarina mallhorizon restaurantno alcoholdry hoteletihad towersprivate beachpool areajet skiroom servicesea viewexcellent hotelnice poolbreakfast and dinnerexcellent stayspecial thankshotel in abu dhabibalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Thought I would write my own review after reading a couple of negative ones about this hotel. Absolutely stunning hotel, I came from England in October to visit my dad and family in Abu dhabi (all Abu dhabi nationals) and was pleasantly surprised that they had booked us into this hotel. The rooms are lovely, pool and beach area are beautiful and cannot be faulted, the staff could not do more for you and I fail to see why some people have criticised them! The restaurant around the pool area was amazing by far one of the best I have eaten in and as for some people complaining that the hotel is "dry" seriously get over it you do not need alcohol to have fun and with attitudes like that it's no wonder so many countries have low opinions of the British!
All in all I will most definitely be returning to khalidiya palace hopefully in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank Serene1992
KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your excellent feedback about Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you loved the hotel facilities and services and sincerely appreciate your support and wonderful comments.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan in the near future, trusting that we could provide you with the expected service at all times.

ALAIN KROPF

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Was in Abu dhabi on a business trip but enjoyed this hotel for his nice beach and quality service. Rooms are pretty new and nice with a sea view. Breakfast was great in the ground floor restaurant. The only turn down they do not serve alcohol so we went out to the Intercontinental where they have great restaurant and bars.

Room Tip: nice sea view rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Pedrettip
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I booked this holiday with an agent, and it was excellent value for money.

The location is on the far west of Abu Dhabi, very close to marina mall (very handy indeed if you need groceries). Always order a "regular" taxi to keep costs down. Do bear in mind though that although honest (from what I could tell), the cabbies here are a miserable bunch. IF its a short fare, watch them sulk! For longer fares, they might step out of the taxi and help you with the push chair. Grow up guys...Nonetheless, a minor gripe and no fault of the hotel.

The room was big, and well equipped. i also noted that the iron wasn't of the steam variety but as a dad with 2 young kids I just needed something that could do a job, so was fine with it.

The staff are impeccably polite and helpful. We had a minor emergency with one of my children, and Kennedy was amazing, rushing to our room. He even arranged for the hotel nurse to come up and check. Well done that man!

The hotel seems to be frequented by quite a few families, so is child friendly. Heavens knows what they make of the mess our 1 year leaves at breakfast but we're always well received. The residents seem to be a blend of Germans and East Europeans from what I can tell. Very civil indeed, we Brits could learn a thing or two....

There is a superb shaded kids pool that is religiously cleaned of sand. The saunas are great and the other pampering faciities are good.

If this hotel wants to be even better, might I suggest a few more plugs in accessible areas.

Ask for an internet connection on check-in, you'll receive a webtv keyboard, but it wasn't there when we arrived, ffixed within ten mins.

So, overall I reallly rate. Very good value for money. I have stayed at posh hotels in the UAE on my employer's accounts, but thiis hotel is different, in a good way. By the way, the beach is clean, and loads of room. Pleased with my choice.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank OldGregLeicester
KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your wonderful feedback about the hotel in this website.

We are very pleased to hear of your very encouraging comments concerning the hotel’s location, its faculties and services. Your commendation for Kennedy has been noted and passed on to him and he is very thankful for your kind words.

We are proud to say that Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan has been awarded as The Leading Family Resort in the Middle East during the World Travel Awards 2011 and we owe this to families such as yours. Thank you very much.

Rest assured that we would always aim to provide you the personalized service that you deserve and would always love to welcome you and your family back to the hotel, assuring you of our best attention and service at all times.

ALAIN KROPF

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Wonderful staff, spacious rooms and located on Corniche what more could you want.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank korro
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed for 8 days at this hotel and will never return! There were just too many things that were missing or didn't function properly for me to ever recommend this particular Rotana hotel to anyone.

I have stayed in Abu Dhabi about a dozen times for business and figured I would try out this newer property. Was I disappointed! Each day I thought I would get better, but no.

First, I arrived in my "smoking" room (I requested non-smoking). It didn't smell like smoke, so I decided to stay since the view was fairly good of the pool and surrounding water.

The bathroom had no hot water for several days. Barely room temperature. They finally fixed that.

There is no wi-fi in any of the guest rooms. Which was disappointing since I could not use my wi-fi devices during my stay. I paid for ethernet internet in the room, but you still have to pay for wi-fi in the lobby if you want to use it (the only place in the hotel where wireless is available).

They have Sony Bravia televisions in the rooms, although the service was spotty at best. For 2 days there was no reception.

The telephone service also went down for an evening as they did some service work.

The pool and exercise rooms are nice. Although many other hotels in the surrounding area have much larger facilities (including the older Intercontinental up the road).

Breakfast buffet is OK. Nothing great there.

Aside from the lack of wi-fi in the rooms, the worst part is that this hotel is "dry"! I found that out the hard way when I wanted to order a beer with my dinner in Beach Club restaurant. Apparently (from what I heard), the owner of this property has a personal issue with alcohol so no alcohol is served anywhere within the property. So if you're looking to have a glass of wine or beer with any of your meals, forget it.

If you want to iron your clothes with a steam iron, you better bring your own. The room has a simple "dry" iron. No steam.

The A/C units in the rooms are also very loud. Much louder than a typical hotel room. This is important if you can't sleep with a jet engine in your room at night.

The service is really good. The hotel is one of the newer facilities in the area. And everything is kept very clean and presentable. But there are just too many problems and issues that I experienced for me to ever recommend this place to any of my colleagues or friends.

Bed comfort is also just OK. Mine had a big lump in the mattress and found it hard to get a good night's rest. Surprising for a newer hotel.

If they ever decide to serve alcohol and provide wi-fi in the rooms, then I *might* return, knowing some of my other complaints could be growing pains for the hotel and they'll work themselves out.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank janericster

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Greetings from Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi!

We regret to hear about the problems that you have encountered during your stay with us and would like to apologize for the discomfort caused. Your comments were seriously taken up with all concerned departments and measures will be taken to address these specific concerns.

On the other hand, we are pleased to note that you liked the service and rest assured that we would work on those areas of improvement in order to ensure guest satisfaction.

With regard to your comment about the absence of Wi-Fi in the guest rooms, I would like to inform you that this is one of the major projects that we are considering to implement soon. As for your comment about the hotel being dry, we would like to inform you that we are a ‘Rayhaan’ brand under Rotana Hotels and Resorts which complements the values of the contemporary Arabian culture, in an Alcohol-free environment and we are very proud to be the first 5-star service hotel of such brand in the capital.

We appreciate your comments as these give us the opportunity and drive to improve our services to the satisfaction of our valued guests such as yourself.

We hope that we would be given another chance to be of service to you again, trusting that we could give you the expected service next time.

Alain Kropf