“Good location one year from now”

Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana
Ranked #23 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The hotel is ideally located near the Emirates Palace, restaurants, shopping, etc. Unfortunately, construction in the immediate area is bothersome and loud noises could be heard from the rooms. You could hear the noise starting with the arrival of busloads of laborers at 4:00AM. Otherwise the rooms are adequate, no frills, but comfortable beds. Roos service is efficient, but food quality is poor. Got room service 4/5 times, each time there was something missing with the order. When food arrived cold on my fifth attempt to get a descent meal, I stopped trying and figured it was best to take a taxi to a restaurant outside the hotel. Hotel staff is somewhat cold and were not forthcoming with information at times. When I asked for rates for extended stay at one of their suites, I got several answers. At first, there was only "one suite available." When I decided that I did not like it and will look elsewhere, all os a sudden two more suites became available. My guess is that they were trying to push a certain, less popular, room but relented when I was going to walk away, which I did anyway as I did not appreciate the little game they thought they were good at. As a corporate costumer with Rotana, I am disappointed and will not stay here again, nor recommend to any of our company employees. Regarding the construction, in my best estimate, the area will not be ready for at least another year. Meanwhile, I would highly recommend staying away from this property while they work out all the bugs and construction projects are completed in the immediate area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TheDiplomats
KPRayhaanByRotana, Manager at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Greetings from Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi!

Thanks for taking it convenient to share your opinion about your stay in Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan.

We have noted your comments regarding your recent stay with us and would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the constructions in the whole area surrounding the hotel, we admit that it’s really annoying, but this matter is beyond our responsibility.

For your issues with the service provided, kindly be informed that the same has been discussed with the concerned departments, & similar situations will not take place during your next stay in Khalidiya Palace.

We highly value your comments posted on this website as these give us the opportunity and drive to improve our services.

Once again, thank you very much and we hope to be of service to you once more in the future.

Chadi Nicolas
Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,522)

Reviewed 16 July 2011

I'm a western woman travelling alone on business every other month here in Abu Dhabi. This is my first time at this hotel, having previously stayed at another major brand hotel in the City.

This place is fantastic. The rooms are outstanding, with their own small kitchen area, full size fridge, all of which make a four month trip more comfortable. It is like being home from home, something you don't often find here in AD.

Everything I have experienced to date has been amazing including the pool area, beach (with lovely views), room service, restaurants, spa and the service overall.

You can quite easily spend an evening sat in the lobby bar without being stared at or leered at. It's nice to be in an environment where the locals hang out too, all part of the experience of being in the Middle East.

It is an alcohol free hotel so those expecting a cold beer or glass of wine at the end of a hard day will have to drink at a neighbouring hotel - but it is good detox!

The only downside to this hotel is that you can't get free wifi in your room and have to pay for this in the lobby. It makes a business trip expensive.

Rates permitting (as the company pay!), I will return to this place for my future trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MissJetSetterUK

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Greetings from Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi!

We highly appreciate your great comments posted on this website, & it was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Khalidiya Palace. We deeply trust that it will add more values to our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Abu Dhabi, & wish you next time a more wonderful stay with us.

Chadi Nicolas
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2011

there are many good things about this hotel,the room service was v good (sometimes twice a day)the hotel staff were helpfull and the hotel v clean.food was good but my husband and i booked a trip to go dune bashing which we enjoyed and we was given a nice meal in a traditional way at the end of the evening.by the next morning we was both suffering v badly from diahorea and even now we are back home we are still both poorly.i feel we had food poisoning which kinda spoil;t our stay.but to make matters even worse my long blonde hair turned a horrible murky green colour after swimming in the hotel pool.ive had two failed attempts to return the colour with my hairdresser SHE SAYS I WILL HAVE TO HAVE IT CUT OFF as there must of been some chemical treatments in the pool which has severley damaged my hair.im v v upset and wish i had never gone swimming because it has completely ruined my hair.so my advice is ,ladies with blonde hair donot use the pool and miss the meal on the dune trip.from a v dissapointed lady with soon to be v short hair !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marinegirl_11
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Thought I would write my own review after reading a couple of negative ones about this hotel. Absolutely stunning hotel, I came from England in October to visit my dad and family in Abu dhabi (all Abu dhabi nationals) and was pleasantly surprised that they had booked us into this hotel. The rooms are lovely, pool and beach area are beautiful and cannot be faulted, the staff could not do more for you and I fail to see why some people have criticised them! The restaurant around the pool area was amazing by far one of the best I have eaten in and as for some people complaining that the hotel is "dry" seriously get over it you do not need alcohol to have fun and with attitudes like that it's no wonder so many countries have low opinions of the British!
All in all I will most definitely be returning to khalidiya palace hopefully in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank Serene1992
KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your excellent feedback about Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you loved the hotel facilities and services and sincerely appreciate your support and wonderful comments.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan in the near future, trusting that we could provide you with the expected service at all times.

ALAIN KROPF

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Was in Abu dhabi on a business trip but enjoyed this hotel for his nice beach and quality service. Rooms are pretty new and nice with a sea view. Breakfast was great in the ground floor restaurant. The only turn down they do not serve alcohol so we went out to the Intercontinental where they have great restaurant and bars.

Room Tip: nice sea view rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Pedrettip
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I booked this holiday with an agent, and it was excellent value for money.

The location is on the far west of Abu Dhabi, very close to marina mall (very handy indeed if you need groceries). Always order a "regular" taxi to keep costs down. Do bear in mind though that although honest (from what I could tell), the cabbies here are a miserable bunch. IF its a short fare, watch them sulk! For longer fares, they might step out of the taxi and help you with the push chair. Grow up guys...Nonetheless, a minor gripe and no fault of the hotel.

The room was big, and well equipped. i also noted that the iron wasn't of the steam variety but as a dad with 2 young kids I just needed something that could do a job, so was fine with it.

The staff are impeccably polite and helpful. We had a minor emergency with one of my children, and Kennedy was amazing, rushing to our room. He even arranged for the hotel nurse to come up and check. Well done that man!

The hotel seems to be frequented by quite a few families, so is child friendly. Heavens knows what they make of the mess our 1 year leaves at breakfast but we're always well received. The residents seem to be a blend of Germans and East Europeans from what I can tell. Very civil indeed, we Brits could learn a thing or two....

There is a superb shaded kids pool that is religiously cleaned of sand. The saunas are great and the other pampering faciities are good.

If this hotel wants to be even better, might I suggest a few more plugs in accessible areas.

Ask for an internet connection on check-in, you'll receive a webtv keyboard, but it wasn't there when we arrived, ffixed within ten mins.

So, overall I reallly rate. Very good value for money. I have stayed at posh hotels in the UAE on my employer's accounts, but thiis hotel is different, in a good way. By the way, the beach is clean, and loads of room. Pleased with my choice.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank OldGregLeicester
KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your wonderful feedback about the hotel in this website.

We are very pleased to hear of your very encouraging comments concerning the hotel’s location, its faculties and services. Your commendation for Kennedy has been noted and passed on to him and he is very thankful for your kind words.

We are proud to say that Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan has been awarded as The Leading Family Resort in the Middle East during the World Travel Awards 2011 and we owe this to families such as yours. Thank you very much.

Rest assured that we would always aim to provide you the personalized service that you deserve and would always love to welcome you and your family back to the hotel, assuring you of our best attention and service at all times.

ALAIN KROPF

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Wonderful staff, spacious rooms and located on Corniche what more could you want.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business