“NEVER AGAIN”

Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana
Ranked #21 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My wife & I booked online getaroom.com and checked in Sunday night Oct 7 around midnight.
Upon arrival at reception desk, the receptionist "without greeting us" shouted to another receptionist on the other side to come and check us in. She told us her shift has just ended (no big deal).

When checking us in, the friendly receptionist kept on saying she has to check if we paid for the room even though I showed her the confirmation email on my iPad that proved I already paid (also no big deal)

We were given a room on 7th floor. It was dirty, smelling of food and had debris on the floor. My wife went to the toilet and was shocked to find out the toilet seat was used and many dried yellowish stains were clear on the seat cover. We complained and asked to move to another room. The receptionist called back to apologize on behalf of her manager "who was standing next to her" and offered another room. We went downstairs and strongly insisted they check the second room before we go in, they strongly insisted it was clean and perfect.

We walked in straight to the toilet and were shocked again to find the toilet seat used but this time with the cover up and un-flushed with toilet papers inside. The manager who accompanied us also took pictures with his smart phone.

We left the hotel immediately. How can I sleep there again let alone eat breakfast there. We thought it was Candid camera

I wrote on the same night to getaroom.com informing them what happened. I still haven't heard from them.

Also no one from the hotel has contacted me. That was supposed to be my second stay. I also hope they don't contact me.

This is what I call NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank ZeeF44
Write a ReviewReviews (3,673)

Reviewed 15 October 2012

This must be the best hotel in Abu Dhabi! The facilities are great, the rooms wonderful and the staff everything you could wish for - so polite and helpful. My friend left his passport on the bed when we departed for the airport and the hotel found it, sent it to the airport by hotel car and would not take any payment!!! Cannot recommend this hotel more highly!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

There is nothing that warms our heart more than a guest who truly appreciates all our efforts. Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us on this website. We are truly glad that we have exceeded your expectations in all aspects of our services.

I will share your comments with my team who will be delighted to know that you appreciate their efforts and that you felt looked after.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan for another memorable ‘Treasured Time.’

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I spent four nights at the Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan as a stopover on the way home. The hotel was of excellent quality and great service. This hotel offers 'Arabian hospitality'. This means it does not serve alcohol and only halal foods (no bacon on the breakfast buffet). The pool was great. Rooms were spacious and well appointed. The bathroom was awesome with a very large separate shower in addition to a full bathtub. The hotel is a short distance from the Marina Mall and while it is still a cab ride the cabs are very inexpensive. Lots of construction around the hotel but this did not present any issues. The WiFi was good and easily accessible

Room Tip: Book direct on their website and receive free WiFi and a room upgrade. This was a great bonus
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your excellent feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience in Abu Dhabi and had a great stay at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan which you have graciously addressed from our service and facilities. Moreover, we are glad that the construction around the hotel did not spoil your stay with us.

It would always be our pleasure to welcome you back to Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan, assuring you of our personalized service and best attention at all times.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

We stayed for 10 days in September at this excellent hotel. The rooms were nice, clean, spacious and generously equipped. All of the staff were amazing and couldn't do more to help you. The pool area was lovely and had a huge pool which was a welcome relief from the heat and the 'hot' sea. Yes there is some noise from the jet skis but this is not the hotels fault, so please ignore all the comments about is. I had an amazing stay at this brilliant hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pabloseijas
KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments on this website.

We are delighted to learn that you have had a fabulous 10 days stay at the hotel. Your positive comments about the room, staffs and pool were noted and this will surely go a long way. Moreover, we are glad to note that the noise from the jet skis did not spoil your stay with us.

Once again, we appreciate your valuable comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan, assuring you of our personalized service and best attention at all times.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Great value, good room, property needs some updating. Food was the not great. Construction in the area makes it a hassle to get to and from the hotel, and cabs are non existent during morning and dinner rush.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with most of our facilities and services.

Your comment about the food has been addressed to our Chef for review. Furthermore, as Abu Dhabi is currently under development, it is unavoidable that a lot of constructions are happening around the city.

Once again, we appreciate your valuable input as it is only through comments like these that we find the opportunity and drive to improve our services to the satisfaction of our valued guests such as yourself.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, trusting that we could provide you with the excellent service that you truly deserve.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

My son and I went to stay in the UAE from the UK for almost one month during the school summer holidays, to join my husband who currently lives and works there. We spent a majority of our time in Dubai, but then as a special surprise, my husband decided to book a room for us at this hotel for four nights (at the beginning of September, 2012), so that we could spend some time sightseeing in Abu Dhabi. Upon our arrival, I instinctively knew that I was going to enjoy my stay there from the very warm welcome we received from the staff. This hotel is opulence personified, as everything about it is exceptional and it exudes quality. The staff were all very charming and friendly, but in particular a gentleman named Syad or Syed (I do hope I have spelt his name correctly), because he was usually present in the foyer by the main entrance to greet guests at they entered and left the hotel, and he was always so pleasant and polite, and I was struck by his warmth. Our room was superb, and I was very impressed with the standard of cleanliness. But the views from our terrace were spectacular...absolutely stunning. We overlooked the swimming pool which was beautifully landscaped, and the turquoise blue ocean beyond. Those images are imprinted firmly in my memory, where they will remain forever. We had a couple of meals in the buffet restaurant, where the food was beautifully presented and delicious, and also in the restaurant adjacent to the swimming pool, and I can highly recommend both for the food and quality of service food. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of my stay here, as I found it to be so relaxing. This is a first class establishment in every sense of the word, and the staff are delightful, because they are both professional and helpful in their approach, and are not the slightest bit arrogant, as one might expect. Furthermore, the location of it was also ideal, as it was directly opposite the Emirates Palace, and in close proximity to the Marina Mall and the famous Corniche stretch of beach. My only critiscism, is that my husband only booked us in the hotel for four days, but I hope to stay there again the next time we visit the UAE. I couldn't find fault with this hotel, and I would willingly recommend it to anyone, as it's a fabulous place to stay, whether you are a businessman, a couple, or a family...it has something for everyone! Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality, on behalf of myself (Beverly) and my husband (Dr Niaz Khan), and our son (Fazal).

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear Mrs. Khan and family,

Thank you for your heartwarming review for the Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan.

We are indeed proud of the quality service that we offer our valued guests such as yourself and we are therefore pleased that we have met your expectations which you have graciously addressed from our service, location and facilities. Rest assured that your positive comments were shared with the whole team, particularly to Syed for providing a customer service well beyond your expectations.

Thank you for calling us a ‘Hotel of Excellence’ and we are truly grateful that you shared the good news to the Trip Advisor community. Your endorsement goes a long way.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

If you are searching for some relieve after a day in this noisy city - or should I say construction area, Khalidiya Palace is the wrong place. Loan cutting in the mornings starts the noise and jet skies as well as motor boats keeps it up until late. If your balcony is to the side of the street you have a good view on the huge construction site which can only be crossed by taxi. So no walking possibility at all. Desk personal is not very helpful for booking tours or day trips, which are very spare anyway.
Also don't expect silence in the massage rooms which are located directly beside changing rooms of the pool area (highly frequented at weekends).
The rooms however are very clean, including the towels, which are changed every day - sometimes twice a day. Whether you want this service or not.
Food especially breakfast and the team is great and deserves fife stars.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank hhhaller

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. I regret to hear that some of our services did not meet your expectations. Your comments regarding the construction noise, massage rooms, and the can do attitude of our staff were noted. Furthermore, we acknowledge the nuisance generated by the local jet skiers in the beach area and please be informed that we are in constant coordination with the concerned authorities about this and we hope that this whole matter will be sorted out as soon as possible.

On the other hand, we are glad to note that you liked the cleanliness of our room, food and as well as our F&B service. Your comments were shared with the whole team and this will surely go a long way.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Abu Dhabi, hoping that we could deliver the expected service next time.