“A very pleasant stay indeed”

Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana
Ranked #46 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Singapore
“A very pleasant stay indeed”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and it was indeed a very pleasant stay indeed. Check-in was a breeze and the staff are also very well trained. One thing I'm impressed was they really make sure to greet the guest. It these little things that made the difference.

The bed was very comfortable. I had a good rest in the hotel. The shower water pressure was pretty good as well.

It was Ramadan when I stayed and did not have a resevation for dinner, so the tables were all taken. I went back to my room and they call 20 mins later.

The staff also gave directions to my friend on how to go back to Dubai via the bus station express bus which cost only 25 dirhams. The bus station is also very nearby.

Al Wahda Mall is just a stone throw away, so no worries on the shopping.

The only gripe is the limited parking in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear uncletakumi,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Centro Al Manhal.

We will make sure to pass you message to all team members. In the meantime, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Riaz Jeelani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 July 2013

It's been a while since my last reviews and I have already lost track of my previous trip advisor account.

My stay in this hotel made me sign up again with this website. Hubby and myself decided to try this hotel since it is operated by Rotana and whenever we have to do late check in and early check out, we always opt for inexpensive hotels. The room is really small but clean (cleanliness matters most). Location is also good, it is just few steps away from Al Wahda mall. The rate was reasonable---however, there are few things you'd have to consider:
• No complimentary slippers, obviously, no bath robe was available either
• Very limited parking space/no valet service once the limited parking area is full and the hotel's option/suggestion is to park the vehicle across the street (then you would have to endure the almost 50 degrees Celsius temperature + humidity and walk back to the hotel).
• They do not provide complimentary dental kit!!!
• THE MOST SURPRISING PART WAS THE Dhs. 10 SERVICE FEE THAT THEY CHARGE ON TOP OF THE COST OF THE ITEM (S) (Service charge for the hotel staff to bring the item from Mezzanine to guest room) This was hilarious! Unbelievable! Outrageous!

I naturally did not buy the Dhs.9 toothbrush (without toothpaste, you have to pay separately for that) I called up my husband who was desperately looking for a parking space (if you have been to UAE you'd understand what I mean) and requested him to buy me a toothbrush from a supermarket which is just beside the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sakay_Na,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We regret to know that your stay at our property wasn’t as expected.

Unfortunately, the parking spaces problem is an issue that is out of our control, however we are always trying as much as possible to not let it affect our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your husband.

With regards to the other comments that you have listed, kindly note that Centro Brand is a budget brand that targets the needs for travellers on an affordable budget. Having said that, we do not place any type of amenities in the rooms except water, tea and coffee. But for the convenience of the guests that might require any extra’s, c.deli shop that is open daily for 24 hours and offers all their requirements.

As for the AED 10 delivery charge, since we do not offer room service, we have given the option to the guests to either pick their order from c.deli or pay the amount as a delivery fee.

We sincerely hope that our reply was able to reach you and better clarify the brand’s deliveries and offers.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly or any of the team members if you wish to discuss any issue further.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights just to break a long trip from Europe to Australia.
Centro Al Manhal is located next door to a large shopping centre. It is literally around the corner but with 42+ C you want to be even closer. Abu Dhabi is not the place were you want to be outside for more than 10 min.
However, our hotel is well air-conditioned and while we were out housekeeping is not trying to turn AC off to save money. You have to insert the card into a special receptacle when you enter the room to turn lights on but AC stays on all the time. In fact, much to my surprise, when we arrived to the hotel at about 8 am our room was ready and waiting for us and it was COOL.
The room is not large but has lots of shelves and wardrobe to hide your staff. Bathroom is not large either but it has decent shower (NOT over the bath) and quite functional and comfortable.
The breakfast is ample and of a large variety. In three days we did not taste everything. There is also a chef on duty that will prepare eggs the way you like it.
The only shortcoming is the absence of free WiFi. However if you spend 30 dirham (about AU$10) they will provide you with 1 hour of free WiFi. There is catch too - one hour starts ticking away as soon as you made first connection and continue to tick even if you disconnected. That problem can be solved by going to have a lunch or dinner or even a cup of coffee in one of the many eateries in the shopping centre. Most of them offer free WiFi to the customers. Don't hesitate to ask if they have one before you enter the cafe.
Altogether Centro Al Manhal offers a comfortable stay and it is not expensive.
There is also a pool on the roof of the hotel and a well equipped gym. Lifesaver is on duty all the time the pool is open (6am-10PM) and towels are supplied too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear levr7

Thank you for taking the time to write this thorough review. We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and will make sure to pass your positive comments to our team members.

We hope to see you again at Centro Al Manhal in the near future.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Arriving to Abu Dhabi city from my vacation , i decided to show up at the Centro al Manhal at 8 in the morning, all tired & dizzy from a series of travel that i had. I was right there in front of the reception trying my luck to check in 6 hours earlier than the stated policy of the hotel.

I was impressed with the staff's decision making of accomodating their client even ahead of the scheduled check-in time of 2pm. The flexibility of the hotel's policy in consideration of their client's needs definitely made an impact on their excellent service.

The room was very clean, modern & stylish. And the pressing iron came very handy after finding out that my shirt were all crumpled from my luggage.

The location was just a 5-minute walk from Al Wahda mall, (which is something i fell in love with). It was very convenient to purchase some personal items and take home some tasty meal from Lulu.

C.deli got a nice place to chill out while trying to catch up with your family over the phone, with a relaxing cup of coffee or fresh juice. but don't be surprised with the service charge on your C.deli purchases.

Though i found it a little bit intruding when a hotel staff from the laundry service showed up twice, and just suddenly open the door without even knocking, right in the middle of my sleep.
Privacy, please.

A stay in Centro al Manhal is definitely worth it. Convenient location, highly professional staff, excellent service and most of all, budget friendly.

I highly recommend it and will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear thesojourner_2013

Our sincere apologies from the laundry team for entering the room, we will make sure this will not happen again in your next stay with us which we hope will be very soon.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 29 June 2013

stayed 2 nights

1st night arrived at 1am and the counter staff was expecting me already
had a good brief on the hotel amenities
no free internet wifi though

room was good and clean
and staff was friendly, polite and offered good info

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Keng Leng T,

Thank you for taking the time to write this post. We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and will make sure to pass your positive comments to our team members.
We promise you a Wi-Fi internet connection next time you visit us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights, and decided to extend a night further because I loved the place. Situated in a business district, you'll love the place. The bar is great, it's not that usual bar with live bands, this is a bar that you can relax. It's a perfect place to unwind. I stayed here as accommodation for my licensure exams, and because this hotel is very good..I passed the exams.. :-)

Room Tip: There's a store and a chinese restaurant nearby :-)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear thelonelybubuyog,

Thank you for taking the time to writing this beautiful review. We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and congratulations on passing your exam!
We look forward to seeing you again at Centro Al Manhal.

With kind regards,
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 24 June 2013

A very cute hotel to go to. The buffet is awesome. I love the friday bubbly brunch. I took my friends and they also turned out to be the bubbly friday fans. Very economical. The ambience is awesome. The best choice if you are looking in for good food and cute place to stay. Try the Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana.

Room Tip: Nothing much to say about the rooms. Try the Lemon Soda with the pinch of salt and suger together. T...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick Anthony E
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Patrick Anthony E,

Thank you for taking the time to post this nice review. We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and we will make sure to pass on your comments to the team.

Hoping to see you again very soon.