“Yes...Location”

Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana
Ranked #51 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Spent just one and travelled the follwoing morning. I noted some excellent customer service which was highly commendable. After I checked in, the front office guy checked my details and informed me that I was entitled for breakfast. In the course of our discussion, i told him that i will leave much earlier before their restaurant opened for breakfast. he offered to prepare packaged brekfast, andthat i should call whoever is on duty in the morning (he was checking off in the evening) True to his words, someone called me some twenty minutes to my departure to say my package breakfast is waiting for me. I was pleasantly surprise...as this made up for the very small rooms. The big plus is the Al wahda mall just a few minutes walk behind and location in the heart of the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Joustar,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this nice review.
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to know about your experience at our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again for more than one night, so that you can have more time to enjoy Abu Dhabi .

Reviewed 14 September 2013

The hotel commonly refers to itself as "Boutique" style. Apparently, that means something different to different people. Simple, lacking and uninteresting as separate one term statements or all three at once are better description.

The breakfast buffet is probably the worse experience I have had in any of my travels. The only thing worse than the buffet sadly, was the selections on the menu. The customer looses regardless of which option you take but you have no choice if you are at this particular hotel.

Dinner menus and food selection were no better. Halfway through my stay, I realized the mall around the corner had better selections, food quality and pricing. I began eating all my meals [except breakfast] at the mall. This action upset me because one of the reasons I chose my first out of country assignment to be UAE was to experience new food service. Often, by the time you went from the buffet station to your table the food would already be cold. The "turkey" bacon was anything but "bacon" actually I have no idea what it was to be honest. Come to think of it, the only good thing I can say about the buffets has to be about the fresh fruit and desserts. I think those were good because the hotel didn't prepare them and bought them from elsewhere.

The staff was nice, not reliable. Each time I picked a different front desk clerk and asked about cab fare to any where I wanted to go none of them could come close to what I actually paid out. One or two Dirhams one way or another I could understand, but one trip was as much as 10 to 12 Dirhams more than what the front desk told me. Since I took the trip prior, I knew the route and the drivers always took the most direct metered route, no over charging took place.

Three days in a row, I made wake up calls. First morning, no call came. Second and third days, each were as much as 15 to 30 minutes late. After the last complaint, I started getting personal wake up calls from the staff who were no longer using whatever mechanical device to make them.

The staff were not too knowledgeable on activities to do around the city or other parts of the country for that matter. Everything they suggested came from the brochures you read for yourself. It was almost worthless to ask for suggestions because there was no variations from the brochures, no personal touch if that makes any sense no insight or local flare to speak of.

The only bright side was when I accidently ran into one of the hostess from the Centro Hotel's restaurant [sadly I can't recall the name well enough to spell it] and she recognized me from the crowd walking down the street. She walked over and said hello with the same great customer service smile I was greeted with every day at the hotel [I was there for almost 12 days].

The hotel pool, well the best part is the city view. It's so small you cannot swim laps just wade. The pool staff person was very nice and talkative you were wanted to talk.

The rooms were clean and the housecleaning staff were very polite and respectful. Unlike American staff, they would not make comments to you or within hearing if you left the "do not disturb" sign out which often throws off their cleaning schedule.

People reading my posts know I do my best to give a clear picture of my experiences and why I rate things they way I do. However, in this case I'm not sure I am giving a good picture of why I am only rating 3 or 5, listing it as "average". Frankly, if I was the one picking this location I would not do it a second time now that I experienced it. As I plan my return trip, I am not really looking forward to staying here again, let alone for 15 days this time but at least this time my expectations will not be so high because I know what to expect.

Dear Divecop3,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review with very specific observations and comments.

The whole team and myself would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused, and I would like to inform you that we have seriously taken notes of your detailed feedback and steps to rectify the remarks you have listed.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you once again to show to you our best services and attention at all times.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This hotel is very good, its next door to alwahda mall, which is very helpful, the staff are extremely nice and helpful, the hotel furniture is new. Its excellent location and excellent service, we booked to connected room and stayed 10 night, we really enjoyed it, its really good hotel and highly recommended, the breakfast is fantastic.

Room Tip: Highly recommended, excellent service

Dear Abu H,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this nice review about your stay at Centro Al Manhal.

We will make sure to pass your kind words to our team members with our hopes to see you again in the near future.

With best regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Near to al Wahda mall. Located in city centre. Fit for solo traveller. Breakfast was excellent. Swimming pool was too small. Near to Abu dhabi main bus station. Good resturants in and around the hotel area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Fahad M,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us, looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

this hotel will certainly be the first on my list when visiting Abu Dhabi, again. if u want a place close to the city center as well as providing u with the services and comfort needed for a business/tourism trip u need to check this hotel for sure, I have certainly founded the reviews on the tripadvisor very useful when choosing this hotel, mostly true !

Room Tip: the rooms not on the street side and in higher floors are found to be a better choice
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ran0333

Dear Ran0333,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to writing this nice review and for placing our hotel on the top of your list.

We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This hotel good for a few day stay room its small but the location is near to alwehda mall and look direct the al wehda stadum and staff friendlly but the other centro are bigger in room and the internet not free i dont like this in this hotel

Room Tip: higher floor much better
1  Thank Moaied K

Dear Moaied K,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

With regards to the internet, as per the hotel policy the internet is indeed chargeable. However, you can enjoy complimentary Wi Fi with any purchase from c.deli, our coffee shop that is located on the 1st floor.

We hope that we will to have the opportunity welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Very good location near Al Wahda mall which is one of the biggest mall in Abu Dhabi. Reasonable price. Clean rooms and pool. Very good housekeeping service. Nice breakfast, smiling staff. However my small request for Wedding Anniversary amenity was not really considered by a lady in reception one day before arrival (even I brought my own special cake to place in the room before arrival to make a surprise for my wife). But Over all stay was very good.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have easier access to Pool and Gym.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Sherzod S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your stay at Centro Al Manhal.
We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay and Happy Anniversary from our team to you and your wife.

On behalf of the front office team we apologize for not being able to accommodate your request, we will try our level best to meet your demands during your next stay.