“Great hotel”

Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in the Centro. Everything in the hotel is new, clean, fresh and spotless. Service was excellent and the local is walking distance to Al Wahda mall and some other restaurants and shops.

My room was immaculate and you felt like you are the first person ever to stay there. Valet parking is free and fast.

The room was a very good price but only one thing that let it down for me was the internet at 100 dhs a day. Most hotels have free high speed wireless but here you have to pay a lot for access. Other than that one point, a great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Pete B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about our property.

We are very delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Centro Al Manhal. The internet is indeed chargeable, however in your next stay, please try out our offer at c.deli which will allow you to enjoy free internet.

Thank again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana

Reviewed 8 October 2013

centrally located, the rooms are modern, clean and well equipped (TV channels, comfy bed, amenities). Rooms are small to Middle East Standards (or a long stay of several days) but of regular size to European standards. But I guess that is what makes it cheaper than many other hotels in Abu Dhabi. Rooms are very modern and those of a four stars rather than a 3 stars. Staff is friendly, valet parking available. Breakfast is simple but rich. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Gemmayzetraveller,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review about our property.

We are very delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Centro Al Manhal and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel in February 2013.

Good points: Excellent attentive staff. Good public transport links available. Superb room which was in great condition.

Bad points: Expensive wifi, but as its more of a business hotel it was expected.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear mezzarino1985,

Thanks a lot for giving us your opinion about your stay at Centro Al Manhal
We are very delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our property and we will make sure to pass your comment to all the team members. As for the Wi-Fi, please pass by in your next visit to c.deli and enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi connection while enjoying a light snack.
Hoping to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Had stayed here for a night while on visit to Abu Dhabi on a business trip. Excellent budget business hotel with good services. Location of the facility makes it at the more all reasons to stay here. Good welcoming staff
Provides good services in terms of pick-drop from airport and yes well laid out breakfast with all options for business travellers

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear VIG001,

Thanks a lot for your review on Centro Al Manhal.
We are very delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our property and we hope your visit next time will be longer!
Hoping to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This hotel is only three star but they are more stylish, modern and cheaper compared to the 4-star hotels in Dubai.

The excellent location of this hotel is also a plus plus.., its few steps away from Al Wahda Mall. A supermarket and fast foods are close by. Wanted to go to corniche? no worries, it's also close to the bus stop as well. Also the friendly and very accommodating staffs are very helpful.

They do have gym if you want to trim those fats you had for the buffet breakfast. They got a small pool (1.4m deep) wherein you can enjoy at the roof top. The hotel has also a small bar.. which is I guess not a big issue at all (so they can control the visitors of the hotel)

This hotel is highly recommendable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Dann G,

Many thanks for taking the time to writing this beautiful review about our property.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Spent just one and travelled the follwoing morning. I noted some excellent customer service which was highly commendable. After I checked in, the front office guy checked my details and informed me that I was entitled for breakfast. In the course of our discussion, i told him that i will leave much earlier before their restaurant opened for breakfast. he offered to prepare packaged brekfast, andthat i should call whoever is on duty in the morning (he was checking off in the evening) True to his words, someone called me some twenty minutes to my departure to say my package breakfast is waiting for me. I was pleasantly surprise...as this made up for the very small rooms. The big plus is the Al wahda mall just a few minutes walk behind and location in the heart of the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Joustar,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this nice review.
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to know about your experience at our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again for more than one night, so that you can have more time to enjoy Abu Dhabi .

Reviewed 14 September 2013

The hotel commonly refers to itself as "Boutique" style. Apparently, that means something different to different people. Simple, lacking and uninteresting as separate one term statements or all three at once are better description.

The breakfast buffet is probably the worse experience I have had in any of my travels. The only thing worse than the buffet sadly, was the selections on the menu. The customer looses regardless of which option you take but you have no choice if you are at this particular hotel.

Dinner menus and food selection were no better. Halfway through my stay, I realized the mall around the corner had better selections, food quality and pricing. I began eating all my meals [except breakfast] at the mall. This action upset me because one of the reasons I chose my first out of country assignment to be UAE was to experience new food service. Often, by the time you went from the buffet station to your table the food would already be cold. The "turkey" bacon was anything but "bacon" actually I have no idea what it was to be honest. Come to think of it, the only good thing I can say about the buffets has to be about the fresh fruit and desserts. I think those were good because the hotel didn't prepare them and bought them from elsewhere.

The staff was nice, not reliable. Each time I picked a different front desk clerk and asked about cab fare to any where I wanted to go none of them could come close to what I actually paid out. One or two Dirhams one way or another I could understand, but one trip was as much as 10 to 12 Dirhams more than what the front desk told me. Since I took the trip prior, I knew the route and the drivers always took the most direct metered route, no over charging took place.

Three days in a row, I made wake up calls. First morning, no call came. Second and third days, each were as much as 15 to 30 minutes late. After the last complaint, I started getting personal wake up calls from the staff who were no longer using whatever mechanical device to make them.

The staff were not too knowledgeable on activities to do around the city or other parts of the country for that matter. Everything they suggested came from the brochures you read for yourself. It was almost worthless to ask for suggestions because there was no variations from the brochures, no personal touch if that makes any sense no insight or local flare to speak of.

The only bright side was when I accidently ran into one of the hostess from the Centro Hotel's restaurant [sadly I can't recall the name well enough to spell it] and she recognized me from the crowd walking down the street. She walked over and said hello with the same great customer service smile I was greeted with every day at the hotel [I was there for almost 12 days].

The hotel pool, well the best part is the city view. It's so small you cannot swim laps just wade. The pool staff person was very nice and talkative you were wanted to talk.

The rooms were clean and the housecleaning staff were very polite and respectful. Unlike American staff, they would not make comments to you or within hearing if you left the "do not disturb" sign out which often throws off their cleaning schedule.

People reading my posts know I do my best to give a clear picture of my experiences and why I rate things they way I do. However, in this case I'm not sure I am giving a good picture of why I am only rating 3 or 5, listing it as "average". Frankly, if I was the one picking this location I would not do it a second time now that I experienced it. As I plan my return trip, I am not really looking forward to staying here again, let alone for 15 days this time but at least this time my expectations will not be so high because I know what to expect.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Divecop3,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review with very specific observations and comments.

The whole team and myself would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused, and I would like to inform you that we have seriously taken notes of your detailed feedback and steps to rectify the remarks you have listed.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you once again to show to you our best services and attention at all times.