“Great location in Abu Dhabi”

Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana
Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is my first time to Abu Dhabi, I went there from Dubai by coach. The travel time was around 2 hours with comfortable chair.
The hotel was located close to the bus terminal, around 5 minutes walk. I arrived at around 11:00am. I booked tonight via different hotel booking website, hence, the staff needed more time to do the checkin to find my information. The lobby was not really large.
The room size is standard, only the washroom is a bit small. The TV channel did not include Chinese, so English movie and news were my only choices.
The bed is good, quite large. With table and chair provided, I could buy dinner from Al Wahda Mall and bring back to hotel to eat.
The next day I had breakfast in hotel, the staff was nice and food are good, I love the juice.
I also tried the swimming pool, a bit small, it may be related the hotel is not large. The gym room is small too, and I did not use.
Thanks all staff in the hotel, they were very kind.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear ytw330,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your stay at Centro Al Manhal.
We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable time and we look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed at Centro Hotel, Located next to Ferarri world, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi. Rooms are excellent. Staff is quiet friendly. Breakfast is served and good variety. Cook is standby and will prepare any delicacy you like for breakfast. They have a lobby with comfortable sofa and chairs for people to sit in open space. Hotel is quiet clean and lifts are in excellent order. Airport drop facility is provided in Luxurious cars which are very comfortable. Overall and excellent experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and rooms with Ferrari world view can be prefered.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Sunny04_11,

Thank you writing this nice review about your stay. We believe that your stay was at a sister property which is Centro Yas Island. However, we are glad you had a pleasant time and we look forward to your next stay to Centro Yas Island or even to Centro Al Manhal.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The room was excellent; lovely thick pillows, comfortable bed and roomy shower. The breakfast buffet was excellent. The hotel is steps from the Al Wahdi Mall, which has to be a bonus. I had a very pleasant stay here.

Room Tip: Traffic noise is a bit loud, you might want to look for an inner room if you're not a sound slee...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Elltee1956,

Thank you for taking the time to writing this nice review about you stay at Centro Al Manhal.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your time and we look forward to seeing you again.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I checked in here with one of my best friends. We got a small room with twin beds, but it was comfortable. The service here is good and everyone was attentive, especially when you consider the price. My only complaint was the lack of free WiFi and how much it cost to purchase WiFi. This complaint is really small and only exists because I am typically able to get free WiFi at budget hotels in the States. It is very close to a big mall, which has a Lulu's supermarket. I enjoyed my stay overall.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sherif A
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Sherif A,

Thank you for posting the review about your stay at Centro Al Manhal. we are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay.

Internet is indeed chargeable in the rooms. however you can enjoy complimentary WiFi in the outlets.

Thanks again for your post with our hopes to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is a reasonably-priced, ‘no frills’ hotel close to the city centre, and is really for those travelling on a budget. I was placed here by a company I do occasional work for in the UAE. The staff are polite, smile a lot and are attentive (they are mostly from the Philippines or Indian sub-continent), but their English is frequently limited.....a common issue in the Emirates, where imported labour in hotels is the norm, but sometimes it makes things difficult when you have a problem and try to resolve it. I was also woken up very early in the morning (4.30 and 4.50 am) by wake up calls that I had NOT booked – staff incompetence, marking up the wrong room.
The room I stayed in was on the 17th floor. It was very small and a bit cramped, but contained the usual amenities. There is a plunge pool and very restricted sun deck on the top floor. The food was basic, quite fresh and well-prepared, but very repetitive for a person eating dinner or any other meal there for two weeks. The dessert portions are also very small, and again, very restricted if you don’t like gateau or cheesecake. The staff question everything – my laundry was included in the deal, but I was expected to pay for it when it was delivered. They took the shirts away and did not resolve this issue until I did so myself at Reception two days later. I could also not have more than one soft drink or bottle of water with dinner, despite being on a full board deal. This happened numerous times and was both irritating and embarrassing. So if you stay here, make sure you nail down to the last detail what is included and what is isn’t, and ensure that the staff are all aware of this. Alcohol prices are very high, as you would probably expect....a small glass of red wine will set you back 48 Dm – about £8.50 sterling or 13 US dollars. ....not much different to a 4* or 5 * hotel.
However, by far the worst aspect of my stay was a constant, loud hum and frequent vibration in the room I was staying in – some nearby aircon generator or other machinery. This impacted very adversely on my ability to sleep, to the extent that I needed to wear earplugs at night for the entire duration of my stay, and they still could not deaden the noise completely.
There is a large mall very close by and a small supermarket next to the hotel which is convenient and useful.
Overall, a reasonably priced hotel with quite a lot of good points, in a city where exorbitant prices are the norm...but with some drawbacks.

Room Tip: Beware of aircon noise in upper storey rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Marktenjag,

Thank you for taking the time to writing this thorough review about your stay at Centro Al Manhal.

Please note that all your points have been duly noted and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that occurred during your visit.
We guarantee that none of the issues you have faced will be repeated again, with our hopes to making your next stay with us a more pleasant one.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My family and i stayed here for 2 nights and it is very comfortable. The service was great! Close to a large mall and bus depot. They made us feel very welcome in a country that we were not to sure about. but the people we encountered were lovley :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Emily S,

Many thanks for taking the time to writing this nice review about your stay at Centro Al Manhal.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your time with our hopes to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just returned to Canada from a week staying at the Centro for vacation. Great location and thanks to reviews here, I requested a room near the top and back and was successful with great view of the stadium. Convenience of the big mall next door and other "shopping" in walking distance was excellent as this was a "de-stress" week for me. Loved the pool on the rooftop as discrete and not so crowded. Great views of the city from here. Staff were very accommodating in all ways and I had no problems with my room or the internet access. Thank so much for contributing to my not expected "bucket list" experience to be in the UAE!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Teknowares
Riaz J, General Manager at Centro Al Manhal Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Teknowares,

Thank you so much for taking the time to writing this lovely review about your stay at Centro Al Manhal. We are very delighted to know you have enjoyed your visit to Abu Dhabi and that our property has contributed positively your "bucket list" experience.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.