“best place to see in abu dhabi”

Sheikh Zayed Mosque
Book In Advance
US$49.00*
Morning Tour of Abu Dhabi City
US$85.00*
Private Full Day Abu Dhabi Tour up to 8 persons
US$145.00*
and up
Full-Day Guided Shiek Zayed Mosque and Ferrari World Tour from Dubai with...
Ranked #1 of 151 things to do in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 9 May 2014

the most wonderful mosque i have ever seen in my life...magnificent, charismatic simply superb...a must visit place..no entrance fee..i spent almost 5 hrs there and then also felt like want to see more..beautifully made, kaleen, chandeliers, carvings, marble work , everything was just perfect..mosque as well as whole surrounding including little ponds and fountains are very beautiful. Recommended to all..woman are compulsory to wear burkha...

1  Thank Lalbahadur
Write a ReviewReviews (22,836)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Although this mosque is not the largest in the world, it is probably the grandest. The chandelier and the hand knot carpet are the largest in the world yet the white marble gave it such a simplistic look. Strict dress code, I went in with Rayna Tours and they provided the abaya cloak and shayla scarf for me to wear. The downstairs washrooms are worth seeing as well.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Though we arrived about 10 a.m., it was scorching hot. The heat marred our enjoyment of this beautiful mosque. No expense was spared in ensuring its beauty. The cool inside made it hard to step out. Completely white the mosque is covered with beautiful detailing and I think I took enough pictures to create an entire photo album. You can't blame me - its that beautiful. We were not in time for the free tours. But you can roam around by yourself, which is precisely what we did.
Women must be fully covered and in loose clothing with a head scarf. I wanted to experience an abaya and thus hadn't worn full sleeves. I collected mine from the counter below ground on the left of the mosque after handing in my ID. This can be collected on returning the garment. The abaya actually keeps you cooler than it is on the outside though you might perspire. The security guards might remind you to put your head cover back on in case it slips down without your realization as in my case.
Inside the mosque we gazed at the varied exquisite decor. The big chandeliers glittered like diamonds. The largest carpet in the world was soft to our heated feet. The silence was a respite. The cool white marble was soothing to the eye.
Whether evening or morning, not or cold, make sure you visit before you leave Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is one of the dont miss sights of Abu Dhabi, however the thing that makes it so good are the guided tours by locals who volunteer their time to do this.
The free tours run at 1100am and 3pm or did when we were there (check the web site). They go for 1.5 hours and are interesting as they are not islamic indoctrination type tours but rather talk about the building and answer questions that the group have about it and aboutthe worshipif peopleare interested. The local guides speak excellent English.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Words can't describe the magnificence of this mosque. Pristine, palatial, grand....the list goes on. My friends and I arrived around 5:30pm and captured amazing sunset pics and evening. It's a lot to take in and unlike any structure I've seen in my life. Definitely worth spending 2-3 hours here. Women will have to wear the full garb provided just present your ID for the rental.