“Peace and quiet with a beach front!”

Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
Ranked #34 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I was here for a week on business. Read the reviews and thought I should give it a try.

It was a great hotel to stay in. The staff from concierge to check in and just about every1 there had a smile on their faces. However, do try to avoid getting a room which faces the construction site. No fault of theirs, but the work goes on till about 9 or 10 at night.

That being said, it has a very clean beach front, and a great gym and wonderful swimming pool. Not a big pool but nice for a cool dip in the evening.

Would stay here again if I had a choice.

Oh, another plus, there is a free shuttle heading into the city, which made life easier for visitors.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms not facing the construction site
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank boodyboy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,663)

Reviewed 21 November 2011

I chose this hotel for being near a friend who lives in Abu Dhabi, and for the good price I found on booking.com. Other than the price, I don't find anything that's really special about this hotel.

First, when I arrived I was offered a free upgrade, I didnt know why at first but when I entered the room I understood why. The view of the room was a construction site, less than 100 meters from my window. However next morning when I asked for a change I was offered another room far enough from the construction site and it was the original room I booked.

Second, and this is really annoying, as in any hotel, I take out my hairbrush, toothbrush, etc and put them by the sink. In this hotel I return to find my hairbrush missing, which is a real nuisance if you're planning to go out and have nothing to brush your hair with. When I talked to the reception they didn't care the least bit. I'm sure probably the cleaning lady threw it away and didn't steal it but in tens of hotels I stayed in this is the first time this happens.

I'm not sure if I'd stay here again or not, as said above, there's nothing special about the hotel, the furniture is nice, staff are good but I guess next time I'll check other hotels first and will only stay here again if they were all significantly more expensive.

Room Tip: Make sure you mention in your booking that you want to stay as far as possible from the construction...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Waleed_Essam
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I normally stay at the shangri la but saw this hotel on their websitre and as its next door and has a contemporary feel, thought i should try it. Terrible mistake! On arrival they very kindly advised that my room is overlooking the construction taking place next door and I can expect construction noise till 23h00, This I can understand is not their fault but at least advise on website so i can make a decision. Seriously contempltade checking out but once you in the room the hassle over rules the impulse and you just suck up (I think they rely on it). They did offer a discount but then i guess at least offer that rate on the website and say why its discounted. My impression of hotel was predjudiced by this signoificantly as I felt ripped off.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel until construction finished
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank KarlBahrain
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Great first stay at the traders good food great rooms the beach is nice with really good sunbeds. The traders is in a great spot for sightseeing. The building work was never a problem. We are going to stay again great for the price we needed more then 4 days to see all of Abu Dhabi

Room Tip: Stay on level 9 of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kazzyLincolnEngland
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed 2 nights in this excellent hotel, room is roomy and services are excellent. beach is very good

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Efficient Check in to friendly staff, a perfect business hotel. However the service at the restatuarant needs to pick up. it was very slow. One more problem , which was not in control of the hotel was that of construction that was happening besides the hotel.
The swimming pool was also small. Didnot use the Gym so have no comments on the same.
Teh break fast could have been better and more variety could have been there.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed in this hotel recently in Abu Dabhi. Truly the team could not have been more helpful. Room excellent size, breakfast excellent and dining out on the veranda really enjoyable. Thoroughly recommend this hotel. We needed to stay past our previously agreed checkout time and the hotel agreed to this but charged us, reasonably, circa E50.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Hilton Abu Dhabi
#46 of 128 in Abu Dhabi
Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal

Been to Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi

Address: Qaryat Al Beri Complex | Between the bridges, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Region: United Arab Emirates > Emirate of Abu Dhabi > Abu Dhabi
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#10 Romantic Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#17 On the Beach Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#22 Family Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#24 Business Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#34 Luxury Hotel in Abu Dhabi
Price Range: £61 - £146 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi 4*
Located on a private beach overlooking the strait that separates Abu Dhabi Island from the mainland, Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi is a contemporary luxury hotel in Abu Dhabi situated ten minutes' drive from the city's international airport, five minutes from the golf course and the Convention Centre and 15 minutes from the Corniche and city centre. The hotel features 301 well-appointed rooms and suites, all furnished to the highest standards in a modern and contemporary style. Rooms start at a spacious 32 square metres and for travellers requiring the highest levels of service and attention, the hotel also offers 93 Traders Club rooms and suites with a dedicated lounge on the 9th floor. Additional benefits of staying at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi include the ease of access to a whole complex, including cross-signing privileges for CHI, the Spa at Shangri-La and Shangri-La operated restaurants and bars. All areas can be accessed by club cars, while just a short stroll away is the Abras (Arabic gondola) waterway. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi