“a definition of a world class customer service and superb hotel!”

Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
Ranked #32 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Sharjah
“a definition of a world class customer service and superb hotel!”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Traders hotel never fails to provide me with a wonderful experience every time i stay. I always admire the place and the courteous service each staff gives to their guests. Food is superb, Fantastic private beach with a great view of the magnificent Grand Mosque.

DON Anupama is one of their exceptional employees who constantly gives outstanding customer service. i will always remember his willingness to help me during my stay. He and his team were very helpful. His effort made a big difference!

i would always want to come back again and again and again. Staying here will make u feel valued and pampered.
Thank you TRAders!!! :))

Room Tip: traders club rooms are the best. suite has fantastic view.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Komen, Slovenia
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed here for 3 night. We had a great experience in this hotel. Staff are very kind and professional. We had modern, clean in comfortable room and spacious bathroom. It has private parking. Fantastic breakfast, nice private beach. I really recommend this hotel for relax holiday.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leaaaaa
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 October 2012

For the price, Traders is a great hotel. The rooms are a good size and are clean and modern, the staff are polite and professional, and the location is great, especially now that the building work on the other side of the creek is mostly completed. Although this is a business hotel, because of the location, the beach and the atmosphere, it could also pass as a romantic weekend break destination.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I only stayed here for one night in October. I had an event at the nearby ADNEC centre and had to check out of the Aloft hotel as it was fully booked. I found a great rate here on agoda.com and have had great experiences with the Traders brand elsewhere so I booked.

The property design isn't that great and it isn't inline with the style of the Traders brand, but they've done a good job inside. Check-in was very smooth and I immediately felt like I was in South East Asia because the service was so good.

The room was beautiful and very stylish, but functional. They've really managed to mix the modern with the traditional in a very elegant way. The bed was incredibly comfortable and I slept really well. The bathroom was spacious, very clean and well-equipped. They provide pretty much everything you could forget.

The beach area was stunning and unexpected, although I didn't have time to use it. I did get some time in at the gym which was large and had everything in it you could need. There was also a small pool outside the gym which had a bar and looked like you could easily spend a day there.

I didn't have breakfast but did order room service. The menu includes options from all the restaurants on site and had loads of Asian options - all my favourites. I ended up with nasi goreng which was amazing.

I was only here for one night but wish I'd stayed there longer. I'd definitely consider this as an option the next time I'm in town. However, as I'm usually on business at Yas Island or downtown this could mean long taxi rides - which would be worth it. If you're on a stopover in Abu Dhabi then this would be a perfect option - it's close to the airport and there's plenty to do within walking distance with the souk, Shangri La and Fairmont hotels next door.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank moaksey
London
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is a great business hotel that I recommend, subject to a couple of points I make below. The hotel is well-located for the National Exhibition Centre and the Airport. The lobby is beautiful - bright natural light setting off the colours of the rugs and the walls, with the soothing sound of the water feature. The lobby has a pleasant buzz to it.

The reception staff are professional and efficient. My room was very large indeed (I think it was a "superior" room), with tasteful furnishing. The bed was outstandingly comfortable, likewise the pillows were excellent (there's also a pillow menu) - a great night's sleep - subject to what I am about to say.

My top tip is this: if you don't want a smoking room, you must say so in check-in. I was not told in advance. I wasn't even offered the choice. I got room 319 and that was that - given my schedule, I couldn't afford the hassle of changing without missing meetings, or delaying my work programme - for one night I had to put up with the stale smoke. When I raised this on leaving, the receptionist was appropriately apologetic and I hope they get it right in future.

I had breakfast in the Afya restaurant. A really super spread of foods - from standard continental and cooked, to Middle Eastern and various Asian dishes, including freshly-prepared dishes. A nice touch was the carrot juice - you don't see that often in hotels. BUT: at the time I went (just before 8) it was a bit chaotic. The table assigned to me by one waiter was rapidly taken by another guest as soon as I went to get my food. Then, after a delay of 10 minutes, they brought me the wrong tea. Little dents on an otherwise good breakfast.

For comparison with this hotel, check out my review of the Radisson Blu, Yas Island, which I visited earlier this year:

I also popped into the Aloft hotel opposite the National Exhibition Centre. Good location. Lobby a bit cramped and less buzzy than the Traders. I believe from a colleague that the rooms were of good standard and the staff helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed at the Traders for 6 nights as part of our holiday in mid September. The staff were very helpful on arrival and we were upgraded free of charge to a superior room which we were not expecting. Room was huge. Very modern, clean and tidy. Bathroom was very modern and exceptionally clean. Shower was very powerful which was great. Beds were very comfy and huge also.

The food in the restaurant was of a very high standard. So much so we ate here 5 nights out of 6. The choice was brilliant. Have to say the salads, steaks and creme brulee (which Im used to having in small ramikins) came in what can only be described as a soup bowl, it was huge!

The hotel bar does a happy hour from 6-8 which we used most evening.

Staff were always courteous and couldnt do enough for you. Service was 10/10!

The hotels private beach is great. They come round with towels and ice boxes with water and ice flannels which is always welcome. The creek is a lovely temperature.

Hotel pool is also very good but just a shame it isnt facing the sea. Its at the back of the hotel.

The Traders is part of the Shangri La complex so you can get an abra which takes you along the canals that form part of the hotel complex. They can take you to the souks and the actual Shangri La hotel at the far end from the Traders. We used them twice and are free.

The hotel is a little bit out of the city but they have a free bus service which can take you into the city at certain times of the day. Taxis are cheap also. To get to the city centre would take around 20 mins.

We also did a couple of trips out. One to Ferrari World which we booked ourselves and one to the Yas Marina Circuit through a local tour operator which we got a brochure for from the conceirge at the hotel. Emirates Tours I think they were called. I would suggest not using this service as you could book it yourself online and get a taxi and save yourself a minimum of 240AED per couple! We felt ripped off. Not worth the money!

All in all a wonderful hotel. Would without doubt stay here again when in Abu Dhabi.

Keep up the exceptional standards. :0)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MB123England
Roscommon
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in a traders room... Early check in at 8 am was facilitated ..all staff greet you as pass by . Breakfast excellent.. Traders club food very tasty plus generous supply of wine and drinks. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the traders deluxe room. You will save the extra cost easily in food and beverages
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple