“Business Meeting for 2 days”

Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
Ranked #31 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Business Meeting for 2 days”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

As the local dealer, we hosted a meeting for a well known premium brand car product late September in Traders for 2 days. We had visitors from all over the region and Europe and although the Meeting room was perfect, the rest was far from what we expected. Every time we broke for coffee, the coffee machine failed. Both days we had lunch at the hotel and many delegates were half way through the main course by the time some starters had arrived for other delegates.This happened both days so not an exception.

I would have rated as poor but I was not staying at the hotel as a guest. I am however booked to stay at the hotel 1st and 2nd December and will provide additional review at this stage.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
ArbindKS, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Journey456, thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and observations through TripAdvisor. It is with distress to learn about the series of issues you experienced during your business meeting with us. We are indeed disappointed and would like to offer you our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you. Constructive feedback, such as yours, will assist us to identify the areas of improvement. To be able to investigate the issues further, please drop me an email at arbindk.shrestha@shangri-la.com with more details. Once again, thank you for your feedback. In spite of the unintended setback we are pleased to know that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Aurora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

The location of this hotel at Qariyat Al Beri is about halfway between downtown Abu Dhabi and the airport, and close to the Petroleum Institute, which was important to us. Cabs are cheap in A.D. so even though we had to cab everywhere, it was fine. The room was huge and well-appointed, with a beautiful bathroom! The beds were super-comfortable. The private beach was a great amenity, with sun loungers with shade, and towels and cold water in a cooler. The pool is a bit on the small side but was fine for our purposes. The restaurant was very good, and the buffet breakfast was lovely, but the food was pretty pricey -- we did not have the half board or breakfast included option. The hotel is in between two other more expensive hotels, and next door to a souk with some good restaurants - we especially like the Lebanese one, Addel Wahab. There was also a convenience store with inexpensive drinks and snacks, which was very handy. A.D. is a luxury city and by their standards this hotel is not at the top, but by our usual standards this was extremely luxurious! The only downside for us was that we were at the side of the building, where workers seemed to come out for smoke breaks and talk - this woke my husband up a few times, although I never noticed it.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CleemandClem
Dear CleemandClem, thank you very much for your positive feedback about your stay at Traders Hotel Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi. It is a real pleasure to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and please rest assured that your kind compliments and as well as my thanks will be shared to the team. On the same note, we are very concerned about the noises coming from the building opposite your room and disturbance caused to your husband as a result. Would you be so kind to email me at arbindk.shrestha@shangri-la.com with more information to be able to investigate further? In spite of the unintended setback, we are delighted that you had a great experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon. Best regards
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Trader's hotel is a very nice, modern, beach-side hotel. Located about a 15 minute taxi ride from both the airport and Abu Dhabi (about AED30 for a taxi), it provided a good base for both rest and sightseeing. There is a complimentary shuttle bus provided, but the timings of this mean it isn't the greatest way to get about.

Rooms are of a very good size, and are well equipped. My room overlooked the hotel lobby, although the blackout curtains meant I wasn't disturbed during the night, and the comfy bed ensured I slept really well. The bathroom was equally spacious, and featured a bath tub, and a monsoon shower.

The half board option allows for breakfast and lunch/dinner. I defy anyone not to find something they liked for breakfast, the variety of the food was incredible. Dinner was a la carte in the most part, although some evenings were themed, eg. a beach BBQ or Asian evening. The food was all very tasty, and well presented and prepared. Unfortunately I think the service, despite being very friendly, did let the side down somewhat.

The service is slow, don't expect to be able to eat at the hotel and have evening activities planned. Dinner regularly took 2hrs+. There were also occasions where items were requested, and promised, although they failed to turn up. There was also the odd issue with the bill (on one evening, I was asked to sign, but not given a pen!) It's only very little things, but they shouldn't really exist. While the hotel was full, I don't expect a cocktail to take over 15mins to arrive from ordering it, it got to the stage where I was beginning to think they'd forgotten. I know on holiday no one is really in a great rush, but I did find myself having to keep asking for things.

The location is great, there is a nice beach, and the staff look after you well bringing (freezing) cold towels, and bottled water in cool boxes. I'd recommend getting sun loungers early on, as these did tend to fill up very quickly. The gym appeared to be well equipped, and the pool was nice, if a little small. The Trader's Hotel is part of the Shangri-La group, and it's sister hotel can be reached by a nice waterfront walk through the well maintained grounds, or by complimentary gondola.

Overall, it was a really nice stay at the hotel. The building itself and facilities are brilliant, and I do think it represented value for money, however, next time, I would stay at it's bigger sister, the Shangri-La, which looked brilliant.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank socal_soul
Thank you for your review of our property,socal_soul. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind compliments on our hotel services, facilities and colleagues. There is certainly nothing more motivating to a service provider than to be acknowledged for a job well done and it's also my pleasure to share your comments as well as my thanks with all the team members. It is with regret to learn that the service at the all day dining restaurant did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is key to assist us in determining where additional efforts will be directed in order to maintain the standards that you have come to expect from the Traders brand. Once again, thank you for choosing Traders Hotel and we are all looking forward to your next visit. Best Regards,
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed for 3 nights during Nov..I liked the big rooms,very clean as well,comfortable mattress,welcoming fruit basket,..but my room was not facing the beach,there was a building infront of us which made us a little uncomfortable ..we should always close the 2 windows/curtains since the formen from the other building were always available ! ..breakfast at afya was average to good comparing to Fairmont but still ok for 4 stars hotel,..people are friendly,flexible for check-out ..one philippino female from the lifeguard/at the beach was great with my daughter and she offered her some toys to play with ...overall my stay was good,feeling like at home..i highly recommend it! (better with pool vs beach view room)

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

1) Paper tissues on the room need to be increased because there is only one box on the bathroom I think one more box shall be on the bedroom.
2) The prices of the minibar foods & beverages are to high.

Vanni Merlerati

Room Tip: Please add some Italian television channels

Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Traders hotel for my husbands birthday weekend and we had a lovely stay. We booked a club room and upon arrival we received an upgrade. Our room overlooked the beach : ) which we took advantage of. The beach is well kept and the attendants were happy to help you setup and get comfortable in the heat.
On our first night we took a shuttle to the Shangri-La hotel for drinks overlooking the Grand Mosque. When we arrived back to our room there was a birthday cake waiting for my husband. Before arriving at the hotel the concierge helped me arrange a day in the desert as a surprise.
The staff at the hotel were friendly and a special mention to the attendant in the lounge, Tuan. Tuan was beyond helpful with our many questions.
The only negative I could fine with this hotel was the patio dining. Both times we ate outside there were a lot of what appeared to be fruit flies? The server did mention this before we sat, but it didn't stop us.
Overall a great stay and value for the money.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ArbindKS, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear KEDCanada, Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion. It is a pleasure to read that you and your husband had a lovely weekend getaway at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri.
I have shared your kind compliments and as well as my thanks to Tuan and other colleagues for their helpfulness and courteousness. We have also taken good note of your comment with regards to the presence of fruit flies in the outdoor dining area. It is truly concerning and we sincerely appreciate that you have brought this to our attention in order for us to follow up accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the near future. Best regards,
Royston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Rooms are very clean and nice bathroom but small. However, lovely shower gel etc which was replaced when running low. I had no outside view as my room overlooked the lobby inside. However, due to the location I am not sure that any room would offer a stunning view but I was not overly bothered by this.

The gym is rather small but ok. Decent sized swimming pool which is usual for a hotel and very attentive staff.

The beachside is small but a lovely setting to enjoy a cocktail or two in the evening.

Two complaints: I waited 45 minutes to be served in the beach area on the Wednesday eve when it was not busy and gave up. on the Thursday eve is was busier due to F1 weekend but I was served the same cocktail in different sized glasses. However, overall the staff were friendly and helpful. I would go back as it one hotel that I feel comfortable in as a single female business traveller and able to sit outside instead of being in my room with room service.