Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
US$325
US$236
Hilton Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
US$143
US$125
  • Pool
US$94
US$83
US$165
US$147
Aloft Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$60
Agoda.com
One to One Hotel - The Village(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$46
US$260
US$222
Agoda.com
Royal Rose Hotel(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$70
US$382
US$313
1,722 results
All reviewsafya restaurantthe club loungeprivate beachshangri la groupcool boxgrand mosquebeach staffsmall pooldeluxe roomsun loungersthe ritz carltonyas islandrestaurant staffearly checkmain restaurantvalet parkingfantastic hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel has a great location sandwiched between two more expensive 5* establishments. There is a lovely tranquil walk along the creek. The hotel is smaller than many establishments, but its beach area can become busy. This area is lovely, however, and the service is first class - preparing sun loungers, providing water etc. The hotel has a free shuttle bus service which works brilliantly for the mosque and elsewhere in Abu Dhabi. The staff are all very helpful and the breakfast in the main restaurant has a great range of foods and a number varied day by day (which is great!).

There were two issues, however:

1) We asked for a room with a view when booking and even booked a Traders deluxe (one of the more expensive rooms). The view request was even confirmed when checking in and the chap at reception said it was a nice room with a good view. Ha ha ha! He has clearly having a laugh. The room qualifies for 'worst view ever' (see attached photo). Almost half the rooms suffer from this. If a room with a nice view is high on your list, I would avoid - and clearly paying extra, and mentioning it on the booking and at arrival is no guarantee.

2) Traders Club - not all 'club lounges' are the same... Traders club serves breakfast and has a happy hour from '6-8pm'. Other than this there is nothing other than soft drinks and tea / coffee (plus a couple of bits of cake might make an appearance at some point in the afternoon; this was erratic). Breakfast was a joke... there was one member of staff who was working as hard as possible, but did not stand a chance. The place was packed - every conceivable place taken and so service was an issue as was replenishment (and just about everything else). The buffet downstairs was MUCH better. Then there was the evening...between 6-8pm there were great drinks and some very nice snacks...if you could find a place. The lounge simply isn't designed for these two peaks in trade and given that these are the only times that anything is served, it is no wonder that everyone descends in one go and things go to pieces.

So, great hotel for everything else, but these two issues are genuine issues that should be considered.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view - I'm not sure how you do this since we failed despite the best of efforts. Traders Club is probably not worth the extra...unless you really are going to use it.
1  Thank 5_9_2_8
ArbindKS, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear 5_9_2_8, thank you for taking the time and effort to share your staying experience through Trip Advisor. First of all, I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your time at the beach, our facilities and the breakfast at the main restaurant. On the same note, thank you for your kind compliments on our colleagues especially for their helpfulness and courteousness. On the other hand, we are disappointed to learn about the issues you encountered upon your arrival to the hotel and at the Traders Club Lounge. To be able to investigate the issue further, please drop me an email at arbindk.shrestha@shangri-la.com with more details. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you. Best regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Due to all of Yas Island Hotels being fully booked during the Rolling Stones Concert, we decided to book a hotel in Abu Dhabi but not too far from Yas Is.

I knew roughly the location of this hotel, but without a GPS, finding it would be difficult, signposting is erratic and this trend is somewhat similar trying to find the Du Arena on Yas Island for the first time too. I digress.

Road works at the entrance of the hotel and lack of signposting resulted in driving past the hotel. I am not a fan of valet parking either but no choice when you arrive at this hotel and unaware of the local area, more about this later.

Check in was pleasant, no issues but I was a bit disappointed with the small size of the club room on the 8th floor. After coffee in the club lounge we left to check out where the concert arena is located at Yas and then returned to change and drive back to Yas, parking the car myself.

The bed is very comfortable, and the bathroom reasonably well fitted, although the shower was disappointing with pathetic water pressure.

Breakfast in the club lounge was exceptional, very filling and a good choice of fare including freshly cooked omelettes etc, good range of tea varieties too.

When picking up my car to collect the other half with the overnight bags, I had a very near miss by a lunatic valet from the hotel driving somebody else's car to the front of the hotel, these people have no respect for other people's property

Room Tip: Ask for a shore facing room if you wish a decent view, the other rooms face inland.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Abu Dhabi, sharkyuae. Your kind compliments on the breakfast at Traders Club Lounge are very much appreciated, therefore I am disappointed to hear that some of your expectations were not met in a few occasions. Your feedback is key to assist us in improving our service and facilities. We trust that despite of this the entire team and I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Best regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

As stated in previous reviews, please be careful when booking the hotel online. Their website states that it is featuring the lowest rates but it is not true...I have found a much better deal on booking.com and all the hotel replied to me when pointing that out was "it was a one-time event"...not a satisfying answer to me. Then I requested for an airport pick-up, I was sent three written confirmations, however when I arrived at the airport nobody was there...I had to ask another airport representative to phone up the hotel, which was a hassle in the morning. The airport representative Mahmoud was very nice and kind, however it left a bitter taste.

The room I was allocated was great with a perfect view and great bathroom - Nothing to complain about.

I tried the main restaurant once for lunch and was not impressed at all. When entering the restaurant there was no hostess so I had to make my way around the restaurant myself in order to find a table. I was surprised about their menu, as it was mainly featuring items which were available via the In Room Dining Menu. The service in the restaurant was rather slow and not what I would call attentive. When asking for the bill, the waiter brought the check without any pen to sig - no eye for detail. Again, when leaving the restaurant, no farewell was given by the staff.

Check out was another rather below-aerage experience. I had asked for a specific time to collect my luggage, however it did not get collected until I had to call down myself again. The check-out procedure itself was so emotionless that the agent did not even ask the minum expetec question "Have you enjoyed yur stay"....I have never experienced such a poor check out anywhere in the world.

All in all, the hotel still needs to invest in proper training for severak of its employees in order to become one of the main players in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review of our property, MTraveler1986. We are indeed disappointed to hear about your stay with us and we are very concerned about the service issues you have raised. Rest assured that your feedback will be addressed to the relevant departments to ensure corrective action are in place for an immediate improvement. We hope that we shall once again have the opportunity to be of service to you in the near future. Best regards

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Myself and Wife wanted a resort style holiday with a bit of winter sun and this fitted the bill.

Located a long a stretch of 3 resort hotels Traders is located in the middle between the Fairmont and the Shangri la. There is a nice walkway that links all of the hotels together along the creek front. In between Traders and the Shangri la is a small but nice Souk with a good choice of restaurants, a small supermarket a Starbucks and various other little shops. This feels like a little luxurious area and has good views of the Ritz Carlton and the Grand mosque.

With the combination of the Souk and the various hotels there were plenty of restaurants to choose from which was good as Abu Dhabi itself is about a 20 min taxi ride away. Taxis are cheap in Abu Dhabi though so even this wasn't too much of a problem. It cost around 30 - 40 AED to the corniche/malls.

Thanks to tripadvisor we choose a Traders club room and wasn't disappointed. The room itself was huge had a partial see view and a lovely bathroom with separate bath and shower enclosure. it was very comfortable and clean. it is probably aimed more to the business traveler but it suited us perfectly.

The benefits of a Traders room are well documented but very worth it and i would urge you to pay the extra and enjoy the benefits especially if you will be sticking close by. Breakfast was good, we took full advantage of the free soft drinks throughout the day and the drinks and nibbles in the evening we very welcome.

The little beach was lovely and the service was great. As we headed to a lounger someone would dash to lay down a towel and bought us a cool box with some free bottles of water in it.

We ate at the restaurant one lunch time and had room service on the first night after a late arrival. it was very reasonable and also of a good quality.

The gym was good, the pool was small although we choose to sit at the beach and didn't actually use the pool. Shame it doesn't have things like a sauna, steam room etc. but i guess the idea is you go next door to the Shangri la, unfortunately the spa facilities/treatments were a bit out of our price range ther!

Room Tip: Go for a traders room.
1  Thank Iain M
ArbindKS, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Iain M, thank you for sharing your experience with us and taking the time to post your review and observations through Trip Advisor. I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the on line travellers' reviews have assisted you to plan your holiday. Thank you for your kind compliments especially on the beach service. Rest assured that your feed-back and as well as my thanks will be shared with the Team. The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you and your wife back to our hotel soon. Best regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Good location, they made an upgrade room to us and we stay at 9th floor in a very big and comfortable room. Cleanness excellent and great valuie for the money.
It's a four star hotel but definetly can be a five star hotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank Simone C