“Very disappointed”

La Mamma
Ranked #208 of 2,040 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Price range: US$30 - US$70
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Immerse yourself in culinary delights at our renowned Italian restaurant. Serving your favourite Mediterranean dishes, La Mamma offers a wide selection of Italian flavours served in a trattoria-style setting. Unlimited pasta & pizza with a glass of beer or wine: AED95+++. Unlimited choices of cured meats, olives, fresh salads and vegetables, cold pastas, various cheeses & seafood specialties: AED65+++. Kids decorate their own pizza: AED38+++. Add dessert decoration: AED 55+++.
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have eaten in this restaurant many times and always had a good evening. I was in Abu Dhabi on holiday recently with my mum and my sister. We had been looking forward to our meal here, but were so very disappointed. Mum and I had a pizza, which was dry and tasteless. My sister had gnocchi, which she quite enjoyed. We ordered a glass of rose and 2 mojitos. They didn't have any rose and the mojitos were not great. The other problem was there was absolutely no atmosphere in the restaurant at all. Will not be keen yo go there again.

• Visited October 2013
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Jo W,

Thank you for sharing the comments on your recent experience in our Italian restaurant.

I was surprised and well disappointed that you did not enjoy your meal as much as you did on previous occasions.

You may rest assured that your comments have been well noted and that I will discuss them personally with our team to ensure that such issues do not re-occur.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I do hope that you will give “La Mamma” another chance as we normally boast very positive comments from our customers, especially for the quality of our Pizza’s.

• Arabic first
Madiant Zayed
“Excellent place to be with some one special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

we love to go back la mama restaurant. delicious pizza. first time we realize the exact taste of pizza & that's was the best pizza ever we ever had. friendly service staff specially MR Raju Bista, reasonable price clean and comfortable ambiance.

Martin_Cramer, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Toufil,

Thank you for posting a review of our Italian Restaurant “La Mamma” on tripadvisor.

I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your meal with us.

The pizza is indeed one of our best sellers and without making any judgment calls the best I personally had in Abu Dhabi.

The kitchen team take great care in the preparation of the dishes and uses only the best and freshest products to ensure best possible quality on the finished dishes.

We are looking forward to receiving you again in the future to try another of “La Mamma’s” specialties or maybe give us your feedback on one of the many other restaurants the hotel features.

Warm regards,
Martin

Martin Cramer
Rome, Italy
“Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I think this restaurant, located within the Sheraton Hotel Corniche, is very good. And it's possible to taste a variety of Italian salami as appetizers accompanied by a sort of pizza and focaccia. I ate an excellent risotto with mushrooms sprinkled with parmesan cheese. A good wine list makes this restaurant particularly interesting. Obviously, prices are not cheap but I will definitely be returning.

• Visited July 2013
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Mr. Monti,

Thank you for your review of our Italian Restaurant “La Mamma”.

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your experience with us and found it to be similar to what you may experience in Italy yourself.

I share your feelings about the mushroom Risotto which is indeed an excellent option.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in “La Mamma” or in any of our other restaurants.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“A place worth the visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Took the family and kids to try an Italian food. Extremely nice starters. Tried the calamari mozzarella with tomatoes. Unbelievable taste. Ideally wanted to post this review for people to go and try it out. Enjoy.

• Visited May 2013
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Ahmed M,

Thank you for posting a review of our Italian restaurant “La Mamma” on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed their meal with us.

La Mamma is definitely a lot of people’s favorite and I recommend you try one of our several pizza’s on a future visit, they are absolutely delicious.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“good pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

nice pizzas to have in Abu Dhabi . price is a little expensive. gets very busy sometimes and service is slow.

• Visited April 2013
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Dear Pablo,

Thank you for posting a review of “La Mamma” our Italian restaurant.

I am happy that you enjoyed our Pizza which are indeed very tasty, I will review the rest of your comments about the speed of service with our team as it does get busy in the restaurant but this should not impact our service delivery.

I hope we will have the pleasure of receiving you in our restaurants in the future.