“Home for a while”

Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times for a year.
Nice apartments and staff with an British bar on ground level. Great.
The hotel is located about 20 minute taxi from the city. But taxis are very cheap co,pared to Europe so not a problem

Room Tip: Either poo, or motorway view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
ParkArjaanAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Greetings from Park Arjaan!

At Park Arjaan, our aim is to keep our guests to get the “home away from home” feel!

We are delighted to read your positive feedback and we are glad that our Arjaan apartments exceeded your expectation. We will pass on your positive comments to our colleagues in Cooper’s Bar.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming back at the Park Arjaan in the near future!
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I stayed here with my husband as he was relocating to Abu Dhabi. We had a studio apartment which is fine for a short stay but any longer cooking in a very small kitchenette is not ideal.
We have found ALL the staff to be friendly, helpful, responsive and generally fantastic. The place is always spotlessly clean, the facilities are great with gym and pool. The dinning is terrific and we would definitely recommend it to other guests visiting Abu for a week or more that want a blend of hotel and self catering accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Park Arjaan!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Park Arjaan. Your valuable feedback is highly appreciated.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our colleagues, services and friendliness.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed at Park Rotana Arjaan during of May 1 to 24 2013. The stay was good. I was happy by the support I got when I was not keeping well. I would like to thank Raj from the front office and Berin (Bellboy) who had accompanied me to the hospital. Please convey my regards to both of them. The only concern I had was insufficient power sockets.

Shakeeb.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ParkArjaanAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from the Park Arjaan!

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Arjaan, Abu Dhabi.

We are glad that you were happy with your stay with us and I will be delighted to convey your regards to Raj and Berin.

I have noted your comment regarding the insufficient power sockets and we will be looking at plans in the future to include more in the rooms.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at the Park Arjaan Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed at the Park Rotana Arjaan from November 2010 until June 2012. I had a one bedroomed suite which was very nice. The view was not spectacular but ok. there is not too much locally to the Park Arjaan, its near the grande Mosque which is beautiful. The resturants are excellent particularly Teatro which I rate as one of the best in Abu Dhabi. The greatest assest of this hotel though is the staff. All of whom are extremely polite and helpful. Cooper bar is located at this hotel and although its extremely popular the service in there does not meet the very high standards found elswhere in the hotel. I would highly recommend the Park Rotana (main hotel or Arjaan, which are attached) for any lenght of stay. Josephine in reception at the Arjaan was extremely polite cheerful and helpful as well as being efficient....I hope her management read this !!!

Room Tip: Dont pick a room on a low floor poolside over coopers bar. It can be very noisey in the winter month...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
ParkArjaanAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Greetings from Park Arjaan!

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Arjaan, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services, facilities and dining experience.

I have noted your comment on Cooper’s Bar and have address the matter with my F&B team and appreciate your positive feedback on Teatro.

I will definitely pass on your commendation to Josephine, thank you.

We hope you have the opportunity of visiting us in the near future.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed almost a week there. Though this venue is located far from the city, it really is of an excellent standing, and the location near the great mosque and not far from the sea.

Room was very big by any standards, adn very clean. breakfast very good. Service over all is excellent, I was easily given a late check out at 6 PM,as I was flying out late evening only

I really enjoyed the bar at the swimming pool, the concierge was very helpfull. I will definitely come back there if I have the chance

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
ParkArjaanAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from Park Arjaan by Rotana!

Firstly, we are pleased you chose to stay with us at Park Arjaan, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services and facilities.

We hope you have the opportunity of visiting us in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stayed at the Park Arjaan from April 2012 until January 2013, occupying two different rooms during that period. Overall, my stay was very enjoyable and I can recommend the hotel to anyone - for a short period.
The hotel is located close to the spectacular Grand Mosque as well as the airport and the industrial area of Musaffah. Khalifa Park adjoins the hotel and is handy for a pleasant stroll - outside of the searing heat of Summer! Downtown Abu Dhabi is a cheap, 20 minute taxi ride away.
T he hotel is contemporary and tastefully decorated and was kept clean and tidy. Similarly, with my spacious, well appointed room. However, the kitchenette was tiny and comprised of only two electric hobs, a microwave, a small fridge but an excellent washer/dryer. Cutlery and crockery was woefully inadequate. A few extra power points wouldn’t go amiss as well as a telephone point adjacent to the desk . My other criticism was the toilet flush – so ineffective - which was a common fault in both the rooms I occupied. Housekeeping was very efficient but lacked attention to detail. Any problems or requests, no matter how trivial, were quickly and effectively dealt with. The Wi-fi is unjustifiably expensive but very quick.
The hotel staff were unerringly helpful and exceedingly friendly which gave a ‘family’ spirit to the place. Along with the room, this was the highlight of my stay. I cannot thank them enough, particularly during the separate visits from my wife and son (I thanked the then General Manager by email but sadly I never received a reply).
Cooper’s bar is one of the best in Abu Dhabi with a good selection of competitively priced beers and a superb DJ (thanks Mark). It is also a great place to watch sport. The ‘pub grub’ is excellent but (in my opinion) overpriced, although the portions are very generous. One of the bar staff gave me a leaving present (thanks Vithana) – another example of the friendliness of the staff
Teatro restaurant is first class. Great food and a great atmosphere matched with excellent, friendly service. (thanks Gus). I can’t fault it - but again (in my opinion) it is a bit pricey.
The poolside bar ‘Aquarius’ was a favourite of mine. Again, I will never forget the friendly service (thanks Darwin). The whole pool area is delightful and a superb place to relax with no shortage of sun loungers even at the height of the season. However during the winter months the sun only shines on a limited area. The gym is well equipped with qualified staff on hand. The spa is the best I have experienced.
A gift to mark the F1 Grand Prix and another at Christmas was a superb gesture. A cake was also placed in my room to mark by birthday. Thanks Arjaan!!
In the light of the above it is hard to be critical. But if the Park Arjaan is to become exceptional, then the management need to address certain shortcomings, mainly relating to service.
For example, the service at breakfast in ‘Ginger’ was consistently quirky and erratic, with staff seeming to concentrate on trying to do things right, rather than doing the right things. They rarely achieved either. I will never understand why they served insipid tea in coffee pots! Otherwise, the quality and selection of food on offer was excellent. I rarely took the buffet lunch or dinner in Ginger because it did not (in my opinion) represent value for money. The quality and selection, however, appeared excellent.
Similarly, the service in Cooper’s was consistently and frustratingly poor, sometimes seemingly non-existent. Everybody I spoke to shared the same opinion. Often the managers would aimlessly walk around, seemingly oblivious to the frustration being experienced by the customers. It needs to be fixed or customers will be lost.
Another thing to note, and this sadly applies to every bar in Abu Dhabi, is that the atmosphere in Cooper’s can become very smokey. I don’t know how many cigarettes I passively smoked in Abu Dhabi bars. Non smokers take note!
Another troubling observation was the hotel’s approach to Health and Safety. On a number of occasions I watched as the hotel allowed contractors to carry out work using patently unsafe practices. Accidents were just waiting to happen. And why they allowed one of the Cooper’s bar managers (now left) to attract his staff’s attention by using a laser pen, yes a laser pen, I will never know! I also noticed that a set of fire doors on the 7th floor had been disconnected from the automatic closing mechanism. Shameful
Annoyingly, my favourite TV channel, BBC Entertainment, was withdrawn just before Christmas without warning or explanation. To add insult to injury, my written complaint was ignored. Another shameful management failing.
In summary, this hotel is great but if the management would make the service as effective as it is friendly - which they could easily do - my stay would have been exceptional. However, I reckon that those who stay for just a few weeks, rather than many months, would probably not experience my frustrations. But, just before I left, a new General Manager was appointed so maybe he will address my concerns. I wish him well.
Nevertheless, if I ever return to Abu Dhabi – and I hope I do – I will consider staying again at the Park Arjaan.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms above Cooper's Bar
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ParkArjaanAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Firstly, thank you for staying at Park Arjaan and for taking the time to write a detailed review of our accommodations, facilities and restaurants.

I have noted your comments especially the areas where you felt needs attention. We will look into these points and action accordingly.

Nonetheless, I would like to thank you for constructive feedback. It is truly appreciated as it will help us see our shortfalls and help us to serve our guests better.

On the other hand, I will pass on your commendation to our colleagues Gus, Darwin, Mark and Vithana. Surely, they will be delighted and inspired by the mention of their names in your review.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and constructive feedback.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Me and my wife have been staying at Park Arjaan by Park Rotana for more than a month now.
It is definitely a perfect place for both short term and long term stay.The ambiance is great with all the possible facilities.Service over here is excellent.Our apartment is a 'Classic Studio' which is spacious enough and cozy at the same time.I do recommend this place .

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Antony J
ParkArjaanAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Greetings from Park Arjaan!

Thank you for your positive review.

I am pleased that you are happy with your accommodations with us.

Here at Park Arjaan, it is our mission to make you feel home away from home.

We look forward to continuously meet and exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,