“OMG Amazing !!!!”

Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Edinburgh, Scotland
“OMG Amazing !!!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We loved this hotel, and it was the highlight of our trip to Abu Dhabi !!! We booked 7 nights in a hotel in the city and decided to book the Yas for 1 night, and we received a great rate which included Friday Brunch next day with 5pm checkout ! We just left all our luggage in the hotel we were staying at and took and overnight bag to stay at the Yas. When we started getting near, we saw from afar that the hotel is like no other. I love it at night when the building lights up all colours and the waterfalls in front of the hotel. We arrived to a room viewing the marina and circuit which we were delighted about. The rooms had all mod cons, and a seating area also which is helpful. We then went downstairs to the cafe and decided to have afternoon tea and some wine. The girls in the cafe were soooo nice and could not do enought for us. There was four different kinds of AT, my friend decided on the Arabic one, and I stuck with Hyde Park (both 110AED) around £22 each which is a great price. We ate it outside which is a novelty for us coming from Scotland, so lovely to relax in the shade. We did not finish it all but the girl serving us gave us a cute wee box with the rest to take to our room. We changed around 6.30pm and headed to the Skylight bar where we had a few cocktails and a few chats to the girls up there and also to the manager, Perera who made us feel so welcome, asking where we were from and were we liking our trip to Abu Dhabi. I have to say every single person we came across in this hotel was lovely. There was racing going on in the evening but this just added to the atmosphere, as with the planes, they did not keep us from sleeping. The next day we had a walk around the Marina, and bought some gifts at the ferrari shop in the hotel, then we went for Friday brunch around 12.30, which included all you can eat and unlimited pink champagne !! As we walked to Origins where they have the Friday Brunch we saw just outside a table with.........2 Chocolate Fountains, macaroons, home made chocolates, marshmallows, fruit and cupcakes !!! OMG I thought I had died and went to heaven !! Must keep some space for them. We had small portions of salad, prawns, mussels, duck rolls etc. then we went onto have small amounts from the Italian, Indian, and Fish stations before heading to the sweet dishes (all 45 of them!). Then we finished with a few things from the chocolate fountain table. The champagne IS very much so unlimited, the girls were topping up all the time. Well worth the 350AED they charge for this. All too soon is was 5pm and time for us to check out, and would you know, one of the reception chaps asked what part of Scotland we were from??? We cannot wait until the next time we visit the Yas Vicroy, we had more hospitality here in 2 days than we did from the hotel we were staying at in AD for the 7 ngihts !!! keep up the good work, you are all brilliant at what you do.

Room Tip: All roos are wonderful and I am sure the hotel would accomodate no problem if you did not want a roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Scottishperson
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Scottishperson

Thank you for posting your complimentary review on Trip Advisor.

I am so pleased to read that your stay was a pleasant one and that you had the chance to enjoy our delicious brunch!

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a more extended stay on your next visit to Abu Dhabi!

Heiner Werdeling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Enghien
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Amazing how all the Yas Viceroy staff can remember your name everywhere in the hotel ! You feel like a real important person and I like that kind of service. I can not list all names of staff people that could get the award for best employee of the months... they all deserve it !!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Olivier B
Dear Olivier B

Thank you for posting your kind review following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

It is with pleasure that I read your comments regarding our colleagues,.Your delightful compliments have been extended to all.

I look most forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Yas Viceroy.

cheshire
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My wife and i spent eight nights at the yas viceroy- after reading the reviews on here i was a tiny bit concerned with the hotel.
I could not have more wrong to have been concerned, it was fantastic , we got a room upgrade to a grand suite which was superb, but the best thing about the hotel was the service, We have stayed in uae many times, but this was the best service we have received in all our trips, front the moment we arrived at the hotel through every aspect of the holiday and the little things that the hotel did to make our stay superb. The location is superb although half an hour from the city centre, but only a taxi ride away.
I read the comments on the proximity to the airport and although we could hear the planes in our room, they didnt wake us up at any time. The race track gets used nearly every day usually until about 9.30pm, but again adds to the exillirating atmosphere of the hotel.
I was lucky enough to drive the aston martin round the circuit, which was an unforgettable experiance and one that anyboby who visits the area should take part in.
A short walk around the beautiful marina brings you to stars n bars, a bar that serves great food and shows sport on plenty off plasma tv's all around the place, we watched to bahrain gp in there and visited a couple of times, the walk back to the hotel at night is stunning, walking past yachts and with the hotel lit up was a site to behold.
We ate in a couple of the restarants in the hotel and also had room service a couple of times, the service on both were fast and efficiant and the food was very good.
I have read in other reviews that people has been confused by the hotel and the electrnics within the room, we didnt find a problem at all, and found exploring such a great place part of the experience, as the negatives on the service and staff within the hotel, i never experienced anything but great and very friendly service, always helpful and willing to assist, maybe the fact that we are down to earth people and although we like to treat ourselves on holiday, we dont pretend to be anything we are and treat everybody as we would expect to be treated ourselves.
thanks for reading.

Room Tip: e mail the hotel before you go and request a quiet room with a unobstucted view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rob045
Dear Rob045

Thank you for posting your delightful review on Trip Advisor following your recent vacation with your wife at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us despite having read some of the adverse comments posted.

It is wonderful to know that you had an enjoyable time and look forward to welcoming both back on your next trip to Abu Dhabi!

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We spent one night in Yas Viceroy recently - just a night stop over before to go to Dubai next morning. We chose the hotel due to proximity to the airport ( not to lose the time getting to the hotel after long flight) and were also attracted by the fact it is located just above famous Formula 1 Circuit. Location is really good - it took us not more than 15 min to get to the hotel. First impression is also nice - fast check-in and smiling reception staff. We booked deluxe room that is pretty good looking (very modern futurist style), big and spacy. Well, that is all positive I can say about the room. The rest, I am afraid, was not very smooth. First of all the system of light and Tv controll is so complicated, one need to try many times how to switch on and off the lights separately, because we could have them off or on only all together. Tv was deciding to switch on by itself and we also got an alarm clock noise (probably forgotten by previous clients, but normally house keeping should check such points before the next clients ). Water from shower was going below shower the door.
But the worst is the noise of the aircrafts we had to "enjoy" full night. Who can imagine the airport hotel does not have sound proof windows!
In short - hotel concept is nice and looking well on prospects and photos. Food and service are also good.
But the main goal (beeing airport and business hotel ) to provide comfortable and quiet night for tired travellers or workers is not achieved!
Dear hotel management, please do something with noise and you will get clients back!

Room Tip: If need a good sleep - avoid the hotel. Noise from aircrafts is too strong.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Irina1978
Dear Irina1978

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am disappointed to learn of the challenges faced during your stay and would like to apologise for the noise disturbance experienced . We are currently working on a solution that will significantly reduce this to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay.

I am however, delighted to read that you enjoyed our services and culinary offerings.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Yas Viceroy again soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 April 2012

An ultra modern design situated over the formula 1 circuit.
Rooms are very well equiped but sharing a room with a friend and having a glassed wall bathroom was a little akward.
Food was great, both in the main restaurent as well as at the italian one.
A vast and cheerful lobby with a nice coffee shop service.
Personel was greaaaat, attenTive without being overboarding.
A very nice experience, good for business and family trips as well as friends.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Heba

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am pleased to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one that our colleagues provided you with great service. I am also delighted to know that you enjoyed dining in our outlets.

I look foward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Zermatt, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I love Formula One racing, so the location was incredible, my room overlooking the circuit and marina. It was just perfect for one night to see the track at such a close and personal distance. The futuristic, modern art, James Bondish design and architecture is interesting at first.... but in the end, not really functional or attractive at close distance.

As a hotel, it's quite a disappointment. My first room was on the 8th floor, and the music from the rooftop bar and pool area was quite irritatingly loud, even with the sliding glass door closed. So I went back to the lobby to change rooms. The switched me to something lower with an even better view of the racetrack and marina. I was quite pleased until I noticed the overpowering smell (mold, mildew) in the room. Not wanting to change rooms again, I called down and had someone come from housekeeping. They sprayed some scent and it improved slightly.

Then after I returned from out on the balcony, I couldn't close the massive sliding glass door. I could see that it was broken on the bottom track. Twenty minutes later maintenance came and shut the door using giant suction cups. The guy admitted it was broken, and told me not to use it again. He went on to tell me that most of the sliding glass doors in the hotel were broken.... smiled, and departed.

Within 10 minutes, the horrible smell returned, so I left the room and went for a walk.

The pen in the room didn't work. A very small detail, but annoying when you're paying $220/night.

In the morning, I went down to the lobby to check out and there was only one person working at the front desk and more than a few guests waiting. The harried clerk told me "please have a seat". I replied "I didn't come down here to sit down, I came down here to check out - so no I won't have a seat". After some time, I was able to check out when hiding employees were found.

On the positive side, internet was included in the room rate.

So it's really a 3 or 4-Star hotel charging 5-star prices because of the incredible location at the F1 circuit. And it's loud, loud, loud. Race cars (obviously), airplanes, music.

If you like F1, stay here for one night. If you don't like F1, I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: It's a loud hotel - race cars, airplanes, public area music. The smaller Marina building is quie...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank GregorySeven
Dear Gregoryseven

I am disappointed to learn of the challenges faced during your stay and would be grateful if you could kindly contact me at: yas.reservations@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com to further discuss the shortcomings experienced.

Ghent
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The room was very nice and modern. The hotel itself is very unpracticle : to go to the swimmingpool you have to cross the whole hotel. Everytime you come somewhere, somebody is asking you where you want to go, it can be out of kindness but we got the idea that there is a strict entrance policy.
There are 2 little swimmingpools on the rooftop where you get a lot of noise of the circuit without seeing any cars.
The whole night trough you can hear the planes taking off.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rita V
Dear Rita V

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am disappointed to read of the challenges faced during your stay. Our colleagues are encouraged to greet all guests in passing and to offer help when required. I apologise if this was a little over ambitious at times.

As the Hotel does straddle the Formula 1 race track, we do experience track noise during the day when it is hired out for privare events and do apologise for the disturbance this caused you during your stay.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.