“paradise”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I have stayed in some fabulous hotels all over the world, nothing compares to this one, totall luxury all the way, we went for a special occasion and was upgraded to a suite free of charge, the resturants, bars, cafes, pools are all high standard with extra touches, the design of the hotel is superb, right over the formula one race track and next to yas marina, its one of lifes experiences being there x

Room Tip: all rooms overlook the race track
1  Thank donna2002
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear Donna2002

Thank you for sharing your complimentary review on Trip Advisor.

I am so pleased to know that your recent stay was an enjoyable one and do hope your time here contributed to making your special occasion that little bit more special!

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Heiner Werdeling

Write a ReviewReviews (3,249)

Reviewed 29 May 2012

There are a lot of great hotels in the World but few are built over an F1 track and beside a Marina like the Yas Hotel. Of course Ferrari World is nearby too. For arcitecture and lighting buffs this is also a must visit building. The hotel lighting needs to be admired from a nearby hotel actually : ). I loved how the F1 theme runs throughout the hotel from the TAG Heuer clocks in the reception to the aerodynamic room length console and desk in the rooms. There is a compfortable funky couch and chair.My room was spacious and had a full length window overlooking the Yas Circuit. Besides all the ususal amenities it was great to have the smaller things like the lip balm among the toiletries. It would be nice to add more F1 inspired art to the rooms. The breakfast was a feast and served at white and blue themed restaurant the which overlooks and opens up to the Marina.More restaurants have opened since my visit one can sample great seafood, Indian and Japanses. BTW this is a huge hotel and it takes a few minutes to walk from one end to the other depending on where your room is. The rooftop pool was pretty small for a hotel this size but in the Abu Dhabi heat maybe it doesn't make much sense to have a open air pool.Check in was shockingly delayed even though the hotel knew we were coming in early. Hopefully the service has improved since then. My surreal experience was watching and hearing some Aston Martins racing on the track in the evening while standing in the Rush bar which is directly over the fi track. Just hope there can be a lot more trees around the hotel. Hope you have a great stay here and watch out for hotel+concert deals.

Room Tip: If you want to near the pool and spa get a Marina room. If you want to face the track it is in the o...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Aimanr

Dear Ainmanr

Thank you for posting your kind review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted to read that your overall stay was a pleasant one and that our rooms provided you withcomfort during your time here. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the delay experienced upon check in on the day of your arrival.

It’s great to know you had the opportunity to visit some of our restaurants as well as watch the Aston Martins race around the track.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

Firstly the good points: The hotel is very close to the airport and straddles the F1 circuit and Yas marina with Ferrari world a 10 Dirham taxi ride away. The building is very striking in a modern curvy way both inside and out. The rooms are clean and well apponted, the staff friendly and accommodating and the food (including room service) a good standard.

The bad bits: The hotel is directly under the flight path and final approach to Abu Dhabi International airport. If you like aircraft you'll get to see one every 3 or 4 mins so close you can tell whether there's enough tread left on the tyres. I myself like planes - but even for me the frequency and proximity was a bit much. The rooms are double glazed but have these large awkward full height doors that are almost impossible to close and get a seal the full height of the door (the flex in the door stops the top latches from locking allowing sound from the very low jets to come in).
The pool is quite small and bland for a hotel of this size and standard. Set on the 9th floor (the roof) its also very noisy from aircraft.
The room service is prompt and the food good but even 5 star at an International level the prices are crazy. If your oil well has dried up as ours had you'll be scanning the prices rather than the food description to make your selection.
Lastly - despite it's proximity to the Marina we couldn't find a way to get there; we kept encountering locked doors. I'm not sure if you can access it, but a shame if you can't as the hotel is otherwise flanked by dual carriage ways with not a lot to see by foot.
If you don't mind paying over the odds for food and fancied a career as an air traffic controller then this could be your hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Monkey_Kelv
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Monkey_Kelv

Thank you for posting your balanced review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read of your appreciation for the hotels architecture, rooms, service and colleagues. I am however disappointed to read of the disturbances listed in your review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the shortcomings experienced.

Your comments are valuable and I will be sure to rectify the challenges immediately.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

To get some piece and quiet from the kids for a night, we booked a room at the Yas Viceroy Hotel on a Friday night. We started off with a great Italian lunch at Amici's before having an incredible two and a half hour body scrub, massage and facial at the wonderful ESPA spa. My wife and I were able to be in the same room for our treatments which made it extra special. After getting dressed for dinner, we hit the Skylite bar on the roof for a pre-dinner drink. The exterior lighting on the steel framing overhead made it a sureal atmoshphere. We then decided on dinner at Kazu, the hotel's Japanese restaurant , over the Arabic and seafood restaurants in the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed the chunks of tender beef fillet and the shrimp tempura. After dinner, we hit the Rush bar for some Bailey's and B-52's before finally heading to bed. We couldn't believe that we did all this without ever leaving the hotel. The next morning, we had an excellent buffet breakfast at Origins before checking out. The service was excellent everywhere we went in the hotel. We didn't even get to use the two rooftop pools...maybe next time!

Room Tip: We had a low floor room overlooking the Formula One track which I do not recommend (unless you want...

Dear JeffDealy

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your weekend getaway at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

It’s wonderful to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and that you managed to visit a few of our outlets as well as our spa. Your kind compliments have been shared amongst our colleagues.

I look most forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I had my third experience at the Yas on Sunday and it just gets better. Small 'teething' issues are being resolved with the doors to balcony being replaced and I've worked out the lighting system. The food was divine, the service was fantastic (without being overly intrusive) and I was greated with a smile and a 'welcome back". Thumbs up Yas!

Room Tip: Do ask for a room the opposite side to incoming flights from the airport and you will sleep like a b...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear UndaraUAE

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your delightful compliments following your third stay at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

It’s wonderful to read of your great experiences in the Hotel. I look most forward to welcoming you back on your fourth visit!

Reviewed 22 May 2012

My experience was that the service is fantastic, food is not as good as the service but our waiter Abbas was fantastic, he was very friendly and helpful.
The virgin colada was not good compared to how it is in the UK.

Room Tip: The king room
2  Thank KamraanA

Dear KamraanA

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your dining experience in Angar.
Although I am disappointed to hear that our Virgin colada was not as good as that in the UK, I am delighted to read that Abbas ensured you received fantastic service throughout.

I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We are currently staying at the Yas Viceroy. The hotel is superb with one of the best rooms we have ever experienced. The hotel is modern in all aspects but some may find the design a little stark.

The room has every modern feature you can imagine but this takes some techno savvy to work. Everything can be operated from the TV remote. In our room the cupboard light and the double glazed balcony door are both not 100% as an example of how complicated things can go wrong.

The location is great in theory with the hotel on the F1 racetrack and marina BUT it is on the direct take-off flightpath of the airport which is only kilometers away. At around three this morning there were continuous flights creating enough noise to wake us up and keep us up.

The In house Indian restaurant that we tried last night was brilliant but at a cost. For me the $130 bill for two main courses and no alcoholic drinks was expensive.

Great hotel, great location but falls short because of the above mentioned. Worth visiting but not if you need sleep.

Room Tip: A racetrack room may be more protected from the aircraft noise.
1  Thank Fusspilot

Dear Fusspilot

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review following your recent stay at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

Its wonderful to read that you enjoyed your overall stay. I would like to apologise for the noise disruption experienced during the night. We are currently working on a solution that will significantly reduce any external disturbances to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay.

Having reviewed your bill from Angar, we have reached a different calculation than that posted here. If you wish to discuss this further and review, kindly contact. Yas.reservations@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com and address your email to my attention. I will be in contact.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.