“Enjoyable and in most areas meet expectations”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Spectacular design, sizeable & comfortable room, perfect bed, great services, best location for Yas Island events (F1, concerts), but a little bit far from the Abu Dhabi city. During booking all my special requirements for the room and facilities had been accepted and exemplary executed later. All the staff proves to be trained and skilled for the best performance, but courtesy on the top. Conference/meeting rooms are on a high standard. Wide choices, but perfectly balanced and tasty breakfast and Friday branch buffet at Origin resto, mouse melting Sushi & Sashimi at Japanese resto Kazu and perfect Arabic/Mediteranean dishes at Atayeb.
Few shortcomings: a little bit noisy due to airport proximity, balcony door difficult to operate and bathroom amenities.
Very good value for money during off peak season.

Room Tip: Building B (Marina) rooms seems to be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GIL28
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear GIL28

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted to read that your recent experience was a pleasant one and look most forward to welcoming you back on your next visit .

Heiner Werdeling

Write a ReviewReviews (3,375)

Reviewed 18 June 2012

We were greeted By very friendly and helpful staff. Our room was luxurious:) great view of the Marina and the race track was below our Room:)

Although we didnt eat in the restaurants , we were a tad worn out from our 14 hour flight and a day at Ferrari World - which I must add is a must see ! We ordered room service, lovely meal, presentation perfect.

Take a wander around the complex, the art work is beautiful, decor is spectacular.... Loved the theme in the seafood restaurant ...take a wander at night with your camera, the colors of the building changing is a sight to see:)

We ventured down to breakfast, wow wow wow ..... The best array of food I have ever experienced. Service was superb !

We will be back in 4 days......

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krisy64

Dear Krisy64

Thank you for posting your kind review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your first visit and look most forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the coming days.

Wishing you a pleasant stay ahead!

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We were heading to Abu Dhabi for a Madonna's concert and was looking for a luxury hotel in the nearby area. She was playing at Yas (du) Stadium on Yas island and a friend suggested that we looked into the Yas Viceroy. From the website the hotel looks stunning so we decided to treat ourselves and booked the Executive Deluxe Twin Room .It's the Same as Deluxe but with Private check in and check out -which by the way did not happen- plus the use of an Executive Lounge where they serve yummy sandwiches and cakes in the afternoon.
After a 6 hour flight we arrived in Abu Dhabi and was promptly greeted at the gate by a helpful staff who showed us to our waiting BMW ( Complimentary of the hotel ) . the journey from airport to hotel took all of 15 mins . Yas Island is a natural island that is linked to Abu Dhabi . It's a new development and feels a bit theme-parky in a billion dollars kind of way.
we arrived at the hotel which is a vast free flowing impressive structure . The ceiling was just so high with minimal decor . The feel is very 'In to the Future Space Age ' and it reflects in all the details . The whiter than white interior . the spacy front desk/lobby right to the numbers on your door. There was a little confusion with the staff regarding my room. It seemed she didn't know we had booked Executive Deluxe instead of Normal Deluxe .
We were then whisked swiftly to our room . Yas Viceroy is comprised of tow large buildings ; the Main Building and the Marina Building .They're connected by the weird walkway on the 2nd floor . Our Room was in the Marina Building and on the way there we were informed that the pool in our building was closed due to maintenance which I thought was odd as earlier I was told the hotel was operating at almost full capacity due to the Madonna's concert .
The room itself was very bright and the is a very good size though the bathroom ( tub and shower) was a bit small for a hotel of this caliber.The bathroom amenities were minimal and disappointing . The amenities in the room was minimal as well. Nothing fancy . The view though was spectacular and you have choices of looking over the marina with yachts or the Formula 1 race track. The wifi internet is totally free. You don't even need a password . Just open your computer and start browsing . Fantastic .
Throughout our stay i kept seeing Madonna's dancers , dresser, backing singers all over the hotel. one of the dancers' room was right next to mine so I asked one of the staff whether Madonna was staying here and she went " Oh NO NO NO NO. Unfortunately NOT. She's not here. Who told you. No NO NO ." I just laughed . Once I was coming back from the gym ( Main building with separate Men's and Women's facilities . There is also a pool and a bar.) and I saw so many security guards on my way to the elevator and one of them stopped me and asked where I was going. I replied that i was going to my room and he said " You better hurry sir. We have one VIP guest and SHE is coming down." Hmm I wondered who that could be !
The only major disappointment was the food. Hotel has 12 restaurants and we ate in 4 of them and the food were not so good ( for the price we had to pay ) . First night we ate at Amici ( Italian) and the service was so horrible and chaotic that we thought the food might made up for the poor service ( Shown us to the wrong table even though we had booked in advance , was told couldn't order certain things as they only have tiny oven and they were packed to the max.) . The food was so horrible we didn't even bother finishing it. We also ate at Noddle Box ( completely tasteless Asian cuisine ) ,Nautilus ( Bland seafood but the staffs were very very wonderful ). The saving grace was the buffet breakfast which was amazing both the food and the service . It was served on Nautilus with a calm view of the marina .
The hotel has a love spa ESPA which is like a slice of pure heaven . we booked 2 appointments and both time it was fantastic. The staffs made you feel so welcome and relax ( and after hours spent waiting for Madonna at an open air stadium in 40+ heat/humid. That spa saved our lives !!! )
One thing I found annoying was the noise level coming from planes zooming across the hotel rooftop at all hours . My god I felt like I was sleeping on the airport tarmac. I couldn't believe it. It was constant and it lasted well into the ungodly hours in the morning . Also they hotel decided to host these Madonna's parties ( nothing to do with Madonna ) at rooftop bar and the level of noise was very loud and it went on until late . We could hear every note of every song. So those were my only complaints . The lack of sleep . The poor quality of sleep .
Upon check out I asked again whether Madonna was staying here ( she has already checked out and was on her way to Istanbul ) and the staff told me that yes indeed she was but they're under strict contract obligation not to mention her stay at the hotel. She was in the same building as me ( Marina ) and two floors above me so i did wonder whether she had complain to the hotel regarding the noise pollution .
We were driven to the airport and after a lovely but flawed stay we came back to Bangkok with a lovely memory of Yas Viceroy ( except of those awful plane /party noises ) .
You know as they say if it's good enough for Madonna....

Room Tip: Do ask about the awful plane / party noises to see if they could be avoided .
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank kade9

Dear kade9

Thank you for posting your comprehensive review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy.

I very much value your constructive feedback .and understand our Hotel Manager has since been in contact with you.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Yas Viceroy.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I just came back from 4 nights stayed at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi which was amazing. This is a minimalist, modern high-teach hotel. I was greet at the entrance when I arrived and very fast check in process. I have my room on the second wing. You need to pay attention when you check in to your room. The hotel is controlled by one remote control for everything in the room.

Room: the room is large and very clean. Have beautiful amenities, tea and coffee facilities, large TV, and fast internet. The housekeeping clean your room in the morning when you just left the room.

Food: come to the food, it has huge varieties in the breakfast buffet with only fresh juices are served, as well as a la carte restaurant with great taste and amazing presentation. Try the Noodle Box with Asian flavor or Angar the Indian and Nautilus the modern seafood restaurant.

Service: the service at this hotel is first class. In he restaurant you will be served as quick as you ask. Coffee, tea, juices, etc will come so fast to your table. All of the staff are smile.

I was very nice four days stay on top of the F1 race track! I really recommend this hotel for traveller who come to Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MM_153
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear MM_153

Thank you for posting your delightful review on Trip Advisor following your four night stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am pleased to read that our rooms provided you with comfort during your time here and that the service extended by our colleagues was friendly and efficient.

I do hope you return to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Lovely place for Anniversary Celebration! A lot of small and nice details during he weekend that made the occasion really special. It's a great combination of luxury, services, options

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear hrosas2

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your anniversary and to thank you for choosing to celebrate this wonderful occasion at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful time and that the small details/ amenities contributed to ensuring your stay was a special one.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I have stayed in some fabulous hotels all over the world, nothing compares to this one, totall luxury all the way, we went for a special occasion and was upgraded to a suite free of charge, the resturants, bars, cafes, pools are all high standard with extra touches, the design of the hotel is superb, right over the formula one race track and next to yas marina, its one of lifes experiences being there x

Room Tip: all rooms overlook the race track
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donna2002

Dear Donna2002

Thank you for sharing your complimentary review on Trip Advisor.

I am so pleased to know that your recent stay was an enjoyable one and do hope your time here contributed to making your special occasion that little bit more special!

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

There are a lot of great hotels in the World but few are built over an F1 track and beside a Marina like the Yas Hotel. Of course Ferrari World is nearby too. For arcitecture and lighting buffs this is also a must visit building. The hotel lighting needs to be admired from a nearby hotel actually : ). I loved how the F1 theme runs throughout the hotel from the TAG Heuer clocks in the reception to the aerodynamic room length console and desk in the rooms. There is a compfortable funky couch and chair.My room was spacious and had a full length window overlooking the Yas Circuit. Besides all the ususal amenities it was great to have the smaller things like the lip balm among the toiletries. It would be nice to add more F1 inspired art to the rooms. The breakfast was a feast and served at white and blue themed restaurant the which overlooks and opens up to the Marina.More restaurants have opened since my visit one can sample great seafood, Indian and Japanses. BTW this is a huge hotel and it takes a few minutes to walk from one end to the other depending on where your room is. The rooftop pool was pretty small for a hotel this size but in the Abu Dhabi heat maybe it doesn't make much sense to have a open air pool.Check in was shockingly delayed even though the hotel knew we were coming in early. Hopefully the service has improved since then. My surreal experience was watching and hearing some Aston Martins racing on the track in the evening while standing in the Rush bar which is directly over the fi track. Just hope there can be a lot more trees around the hotel. Hope you have a great stay here and watch out for hotel+concert deals.

Room Tip: If you want to near the pool and spa get a Marina room. If you want to face the track it is in the o...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Aimanr

Dear Ainmanr

I am delighted to read that your overall stay was a pleasant one and that our rooms provided you withcomfort during your time here. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the delay experienced upon check in on the day of your arrival.

It’s great to know you had the opportunity to visit some of our restaurants as well as watch the Aston Martins race around the track.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.