“Amazing hotel and service”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We are a well-travelled family with 2 boys (18 and 15) and we stayed at the Yas during July 2012. We absolutely loved every minute! The hotel is beautiful and very modern and the service was outstanding! We were greeted by name from arrival to departure and were looked after extremely well by the super friendly and attentive staff. I checked all the Tripadvisor reviews before I booked and saw many of them were outstanding. Having been there now and having experienced the hotel and the service offered, I cannot understand some of the few negative comments. This hotel is superb and we would recommend it 100%.

The rooftop pool is beautiful and it is lovely to have a drink there at night when the exterior lights are on and constantly changing colour. We also had some delicious light lunches there and the service was fast, friendly and efficient and the food was beautifully presented. We had dinner at Atayeb which overlooks both the marina and the circuit. The service was fantastic and the food was amazing. The in-room dinning is also great with prompt service and wonderful food. We are F1 fanatics and to be on top of the circuit was great. We saw sports cars driving past and it all added to the excitement of the location. At night cyclists and joggers use the track and all the lights are on. The gym is well equipped and modern and close to the pool.

The rooms are big and spacious and clean. The bed is very comfortable, there is a large flatscreen TV and the aircon worked perfectly. The bathroom is big, modern and luxurious with a separate shower, bath and an enclosed toilet.

We will definitely return to the Yas Viceroy as this was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at! We definitely felt the 5 star element at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for 1 further away from the rooftop pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennyvdw
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Jennyvdw

Thank you for posting your kind review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

It’s wonderful to know that you and your family enjoyed your visit and that our rooms, facilities and services met your expectations.

I look most forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed twice, once during summer 2011 to celebrate our marriage anniversary, and then on a business visit during May 2012. By the second trip, Yas Hotel was transformed into Yas Viceroy. Indeed a fabulous hotel. Each wing gives you a great landscape (Marina or the Yas Circuit). Spa is a thoroughly refreshing experience, and restaurants are also nice. Rooms are quite hi-tech, especially the variable lightning effects can bring you into right mood. All in all, a very pleasant facility, which is worth revisiting.

Room Tip: Choose a room on Circuit wing if you are into F1 race. It will give you a great view into the race t...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Armughan

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor, following your visits in summer 2011 and May 2012 to the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

It is a pleasure to read your complimentary review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your time here.

I look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

The Yas Viceroy is a destination vacation hotel. It sits right over the Formula 1 racetrack. However, the day I visited, looking for a lunch time meal, it was not a great destination. Having driven quite a ways from downtown, we had decided to eat lunch at the Viceroy. However, after looking around, all the restaurants were closed. We had to go elsewhere.
I was unimpressed with the decor of the hotel. Silver accents on stark plastic white walls was non-remarkable. It reminded me of 70's revival decor.
All in all, a terrible day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Roomwvu
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Roomwvu

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am terribly sorry to hear of your recent experience and appreciate the frustration this may have caused you.

We are currently undergoing a minor upgrade to our lobby area and have scheduled the louder works to be carried out during the day in a bid to not disturb our guests in the evening time. As a result, we have closed some of our outlets during the day and have relocated our all day dining restaurant to the Marina Wing to ensure our guests have a pleasurable dining experience.

This information has been posted on our website and I’m sorry it did not reach your prior to your visit.

The upgrade is scheduled to be completed at the beginning of September therefore I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to view our new lobby and to dine in our outlets.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I wanted to write this review sooner but tripadvisor wouldn't let me post two review in a short period of time.
My husband and I were on Yas Island in November 2011 and we were not impressed with a service. That is when I wrote my first review . I did get response from the GM of Yas hotel to contact him prior to our arrival , but I opted not to. On our arrival we were pleasantly surprised as everything from airport pick up to check in was excellent. Obviously Hotel management paid attention on all comments on service and really improved it . I must say our stay was memorable. we did not have to wait long for room service , everyone in the hotel was very nice and helpful, breakfast was great ....and I must say for those who had problems with lights and remote...it is not a rocket science ;) . Everything is written ! I give 5 star to the hotel and management for taking into consideration reviews and I cant wait to be back to Yas Hotel...maybe not for F1 as it is quite expensive but for a good concert - always !

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Artemis975

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your second stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I most certainly remember responding to your previous post and am delighted to hear that your second stay was a memorable and an enjoyable one.

I do hope to welcome you back for your 03rd stay very soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

The Yas Viceroy was a superb hotel. We loved the room. Very modern and stylish; and the facilities were awesome. Service was fabulous, the staff is extremely friendly, always ready to help (special thanks to Bicente at the Nautilus restaurant and to Eva at the reception).
We stayed over the week-end with my wife in order to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the hotel did not disappoint. It has an incomparable ‘wow’ factor. Might be the best hotel in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Romain R

Thank you for posting your delightful review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that our delightful colleagues Eva and Bincent ensured you were well looked after. Your compliments have been shared with them.
both.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

It took over 30 minutes to check in on a Wed. at 11:30pm.  Our suite was then inspected before being assigned to us.  Upon stepping in, the entire suite reeked of stale cigarette smoke.  B4 being assigned another room at 12:30am, someone instead showed up with a squirt bottle of green air freshener to attempt to remedy the problem.  The next suite smelled perfect and I looked forward to a bath.  Gorgeous, modern, huge bathroom, but the bathtub water stopper was broken and a technician soon came.  He couldn't figure the problem quickly so we kindly suggested he simply switch the stopper with another suite's so I could bathe.  An entire hour went by before he returned with an additional technician at 1:30am.  Of course we had to place another call b4 he returned.  The hotel puts aesthetics before practicality on almost every level.  The gigantic, heavy and clumsy, pop-out sliding glass balcony door only closed tightly after I attempted slamming it and locking it simultaneously.  It was like moving a coffin.  So strange and unnecessary.  But it was when my weary eyes saw the huge dry clomp of hair stuck to the glass bathroom wall that made us finally check out of the hotel at 1:45am.  Nothing was going our way, we were tired, and checkout was 9 hours away so it just wasn't worth the price.  Strike 3, or was it 4 or 5, in a suite was enough for us to immediately check out with refund in tow.

• Stayed: June 2012
8  Thank NooYorker2010
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear NooYorker 2010

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy.

I am disappointed to read of the challenges faced during your stay and have addressed all the shortcomings with the respective departments.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for what should have been a pleasant stay and to advise you that I have taken corrective measures to ensure this does not happen again.

It would be my pleasure to personally assist you with your future reservations in the hotel, to ensure you leave having had a pleasurable experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

This hotel is simply amazing. It's like another world.
Expensive but definitely worth every penny!! Forget reading this review just book now!! :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mr_LJP
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear Mr_LJP

Thank you for sharing your kind compliments and recommendation with other Trip Advisor readers.

I am delighted you to read you enjoyed your stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi and look most forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.