“Almost amazing*”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 23 December 2012

On the positive..LOVED the rooms, the Executive floor rooms were fab! Breakfast was great and our meal in the Italian was superb (am thinknig the BEST risotto I have ever had!...Ive had a few!)....until dessert, which was positively nuts..in a nut free selection which could have had a far more tragic outcome..! The lighting in the restaurant is rather bright tho and you do feel like you've just popped into a Mall eatery which is a shame because it could have a lovely atmosphere. Enjoyed the rooftop bar too! Overall, I really enjoyed our stay here, I felt there were communication issues which led to it being 'almost amazing', however Id recommend it for a weekend.

Room Tip: Treat yourselves to an executive room..ask for a balcony that opens*
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Shazzarinski,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the mis-communication that occurred during your dining experience in Amici, and agree that this could have had a very serious outcome. I appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns in order for me to rectify them immediately.

It is very comforting to know that the risotto was the best you'd ever had and in turn,I have passed your compliments on to our Chefs.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Yas VIceroy Abu Dhabi, I look most forward to welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Everyone recognizes the iconic imagery of the YAS hotel and its unique location on the Formula One circuit but it is the people that make it special. In fact, the location was rather disturbing on our last stay as they planes that landed just about all night long seem to approach the airport right above our room. But it is still worth a visit because of the wonderful people who work there.

I will give you an example...

We have always enjoyed delicious food and exemplary service in The Noodle Box as we have in the equally as good Angar Indian restaurant, but we tossed a coin and decided on the crispy duck and Thai green curry.

The welcome was as warm as ever and we were seated, ordered, received our creative cocktails in typically friendly and efficient manner when this totally obnoxious family with the most unruly children I have ever had the misfortune to encounter (no they were not Americans) decided to sit at the next table from us even though we were the only people in the restaurant.

The manager, a very professional guy called SHANNON, was too late to head them off, but he read my body chemistry immediately. He was confronted with a choice: (1) Suggest we move leaving the family whose children were using the chairs as trampolines (no they were not Germans) in place or (2) realizing they would ruin the evening for everyone suggest that they would be better outside on the balcony where they could make as much noise as they wanted (yes, they were Japanese fresh from Ferrari world all with matching red tee-shirts).

SKILLFULLY done.. .Shannon.

But that was not enough, he then proceeded to put a "Reserved" placard on the tables each side of us guaranteeing the romantic little dinner we were so looking forward to.

Finally we were offered dessert on the house - which was totally unnecessary as the meal had been mouth-wateringly good, the service impeccable as always and the attentive manager really cared that we had a good time.

Well done Shannon!

Dear Leslie T P,

Thank you for posting your complimentary review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I apologise the extemnal noise disturbance encountered during the night and do hope you managed to get some rest.

It is a pleasure to read of your experience in Noodle Box and have passed on your compliments to the team, in particular Shannon, for ensuring your dining experience was a pleasurable one.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

It was a remarkable recent stay at Yas Viceroy last week! Right from the valet upon arrival to the welcoming reception and concierge team! The room was absolutely fantastic. State of the art technology and very classy! Al Fresco Breakfast overlooking the F1 track has a memorable feel to it! All the staff were extremely pleasant and continued to address by our last name, which always goes a long way! Teppanyaki at Kazu was entertaining and delicious. David, the gym attendant can double up as your personal trainer and has some good tips up his sleeve. Allwyn, Erhard and their concierge team were spot on! All in all, a fantastic stay...just too short!

Room Tip: Paying for an upgrade to one of the suites is well worth it!
1  Thank Ankur B
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Dear Ankur Bagga,

I am delighted to read that your overall stay was an enjoyable one and have shared your comments with all colleagues. I have also extended special recognition to our colleagues mentioned in your review.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights as a start to our honeymoon. It was a truly wonderful experience, particularly with both of us being F1 fans. The setting is perfect and the race track runs under the skywalk of the hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and courteous and could not have been more helpful at any time. We ate in both Origins and Angar restaurants and we have no complaints about either. The food was fantastic and the service was also great. A very memorable stay and very reasonably priced. We would return here without a doubt.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Don S

Dear Don S,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I would like to take this oppotunity to congratulate you and your wife on your recent marriage and to thank you for choosing to celebrate such a wonderful occassion at our hotel.

It's a pleasure to know that your time at the Yas Viceroy was an enjoyable one and I look most forward to welcoming you both back again soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

I am a highly educated professional and stayed in the hotel to participate in a scientific event. When I checked in, I was assigned a standard marina view room. The water boiler was not working and I had to call the hotel service to check it out. The hotel service person tested the boiler in a different room and found it working but the issue was with the AC circuit. Consequently, engineering was called to fix it. Later on and while I was taking a shower, I have discovered that the shower drain was clogged and I had flood in the room. I tried to finish the shower in the bathtub after throwing the available towels on the floor but to my surprise, the water color in the bathtub was brown from the rust. So I ended up skipping the shower. Thus, I complained to the hotel reception and was moved after midnight to a suite. A staff from the hotel escorted me from the room to the suite. Once he opened the door and to my surprise, the smell of smoke was very clear. I inquired from the staff if this is a smoking suite but he replied that the room is just stuffy because it was closed for a long time. Come on people… the smell of smoking is very obvious and cannot be missed with stuffy smell. The staff suggested opening the window to clear the air and he opened it himself. Can you imagine having a window open at 1 am to clear the room air at the time when you want to get some sleep to be ready for work next day? Unfortunately because I was tired and fatigue, I decided to stay in that suite and I had to close the window to be able to sleep. That night I had less than3 hours of sleep and I was dragging my feet next day.

Another issue I encountered was receptionists were not consistent in their answers. Initially the reservation was a company reservation and I know the company made a reservation for two people since we planned that my wife will join me. When I checked in, I informed the receptionist that my wife is expected to join me and the company made reservation for two. The receptionist told me that I only need to bring my wife to the reception so they scan her ID when she comes. My wife joined me next day. To my surprise, another receptionist told me that the reservation is a single reservation and not double and she wanted to charge me for the difference. When I insisted that there was an e-mail sent to request double reservation, she told me that they will check their e-mails. My wife was very upset and thought that the situation was very humiliating. The receptionist advised us to go to the room and suggested that she will call us with her findings. Nearly 20 minutes later, she called and confirmed that it was indeed double reservation and we will not be charged the difference!!!!!??

The finale of this nightmare happened when I went to check out. The receptionist informed me that I had to pay about $110 for room service. When I inquired what service, he informed me that it is because I had the breakfast delivered to the room. Too bad …. no body informed me that I have to pay this hefty charge for room service. In addition, I did not find anything written in the room food service bulletin despite the fact I went through every single page of it. Luckily I was saved by the representative of the company who made the reservation as she asked me not to pay and to send her my complaints with a promise to follow up on them.

In a nut shell, this hotel experience was absolute NIGHTMARE and I never encountered such an experience in any other hotel I stayed at in many countries around the world.

Room Tip: Too much noise from the race track and overflying aircrafts. You can not help it and the hotel has n...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Dr W

Dear Dr. W,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the unfortunate series of challenges experienced throughout and believe our Hotel Manager has since been in contact via email to further discuss the same.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, and will personally ensure your subsequent stay is a positive one.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Absolutely amazing...Place is TOP, rooms are perfect food is AWSOME...what more...maybe location is not exactly in the center of Abu Dhabi...but who wants to be in the center now?
Abu Dhabi is growing and the new side is all in YAS and Sadiya so why go to the center full of old buildings and roads overflowing of workers?
Anyways...Rent a car...it's super cheap and absolutely necessary to see all the stuff in Abu Dhabi ..(15 minutes drive to center) and 45 minutes away from Dubai...Yas is just outside the highway that connects you anywhere.....LOVE IT

Room Tip: Ask for the room right on the track...usually more silent and great view of track and pier...amazing
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank IgorGourmet
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear IgorGourmet,

It is a pleasure to read such a delightful review. I’m grateful to know that you had a wonderful time during your stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel and for sharing your feedback with other readers.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

I think the restaurant and reception staff have to be the most welcoming and service-oriented that I have ever met! It is a challenge to go anywhere without staff falling over themseves with offers of helpful or greetings - one feels that they really care!

I started staying at the Yas because it is close to the airport for work, but want to bring my wife over soon. Stunning external design, spacious well-appointed rooms, and great food, but the interior needs to be developed to create more comfortable spaces to play in.

Room Tip: It works for me because I am in the airline industry. It is easy to access when driving from elsewhe...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank RobinFGriffiths

Dear RobbinFGriffiths

I am delighted to know your recent visits have been enjoyable ones. Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our colleagues, your kind compliments have been shared with them.

I look most forward to welcoming both you and your wife to the Yas Viceroy in the near future.