“great five star experience”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Booked 2 nights in march 2013 with an Etihad stopover package.
We had a wonderful stay, staff is very professional and friendly, hotel and room design are amazing and luxurious, breakfast was the best ever.
This hotel is located on Yas peninsula, about 10 minutes either way between Abu Dhabi city and Abu Dhabi airport. Rent a car and take advantage of their free valet service and parking facilities, it's easy driving in and around Abu Dhabi (it was a weekend I must admit).
They have great 5 star restaurants and trendy bars, totally over the top.
I would recommend to anyone! Thank you Yas!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear Wimhugo,

Thank you for sharing your kind review of Yas Viceroy. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stop-over with us and I do hope that you will pass through Abu Dhabi very soon again.

There are newer reviews for Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed at the Yas Viceroy for one night - as we were attending a concert at Yas Arena. The hotel is very convenient for the area - walking distance in the cooler winter months.

Check in wasn’t a great experience. We had booked with Expedia a rate which included a voucher for dining and also a breakfast. The booking in their system denied this and insisted that we had booked room only. I even showed them the email on my iphone confirming the breakfast but it seemed that the receptionists and others at check in didn’t have the power to override the powerful computer. Eventually this was sorted with an apology and we got the breakfast that we paid for, although we didn’t get the voucher (which was supposed to be for around $50 - or more - I can’t remember exactly).

The room was nice. Big and modern. The breakfast was good.

Check out was more admin. They wouldn’t / couldn’t give me a receipt to show they had / would refund me the substantial deposit taken on check in. They said that this was policy.

Conclusion - The hotel is good looking but the service is terrible. There are plenty of people to say hello to you and to carry your bag but no-one that actually knows / understands what it is to deliver customer service. Be warned.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nickindubai
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear nickindubai,

Thank you for sharing your review of Yas Viceroy.

I am obviously very concerned to read your feedback about our service levels in general and would like to apologize for your experience. I will review this with my colleagues to ensure we improve your points in all areas.

I would like to review the problem regarding your Expedia booking in more detail and would appreciate you contacting me via oliver.bruns@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I can help on this.

I look forward to hearing from you and that I will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Spent two nights with the family and was impressed with its modern looks and features. Service at the reception was good and the rooms were clean with a good view of the marina and a portion of the race track. There were friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating staff at the bar at the roof deck where you will have a nice view of the island, especially at night. Free shuttle service to the nearby Ferrari World and Waterworld was a big plus. Unfortunately, the service at the japanese (Kazu) and chinese (Noodle Box) restaurants will greatly diminish whatever good impressions that one may have had. Servings at both restaurants were pricey (that's a given) but unusually small, even for 5 star hotel standards, A 35 AED (about $10) fried rice at Kazu did not even fill a small bowl even when the waiter said that it was good for two (small birds perhaps?). Sashimi (no need for cooking right?) was served after about 20 min. while the rest of the mostly grilled or pan seared meal was served after about one hour. Did not even bother to look at the desserts because we neither had the time nor the patience to wait any further. No amount of good reviews from Time Out will make up for a miserly serving of food that cannot be consumed within a reasonable time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear ALC63,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us.

Of course, I was happy to read your note about our rooms and the service in general and I am very concerned to read about your experience in Noodle Box and Kazu. I will review this personally with the teams in both restaurants so that we can ensure a much better experience in future.

I do hope that we will be able to make up for your recent experience on a future stay and I please do not hesitate to contact me directly for a future booking. I will personally ensure your will enjoy your stay from both a culinary and general service experience.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Beautiful hotel, with great service and amazing rooms. Everything was just great in this hotel. We`ve stayed there just one night before our flight back to our country and we really regret we cannot stay longer. We will come back soon!

There is a lot of restaurants in this hotel and every restaurant has its specific design. We`ve tried complete course in the Indian Restaurant Angar and we we really satisfied. Not only with food but also the staff is very professional. I`ve asked assistant manager if there is some nice place to take good pictures of this hotel and he immediately said he will come with me to show me this places (it was just before closing time so that`s why he did it).

So only great memories from this hotel, it`s worth the money!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tomas_Kuch,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Yas Viceroy. I am so excited to read your comments about the outstanding design of our property and especially the fact that service matched your expectations.

You certainly took some great pictures - thank you for sharing those.

I hope to welcome you back soon to Yas Viceroy.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Beautiful hotel! Only 30 min from downtown of Abu Dhabi. If you travel for business there I would recommend to stay at this hotel and commute to Abu Dhabi for meetings. Very good selections of restaurants. My favorite was Lebanese one.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear conrad14,

Thank you for writing a brief review on Yas Viceroy. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us - in particular our Atayeb Restaurant. I will certainly share your praise with our team.

I hope to welcome you back soon to Yas Viceroy.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Great hotel, new and modern and attentive staff. Easy to get to from airport, or city and right on the track itself, rooms looking out onto the track and the water is amazing.
It is expensive, but to be honest worth it if you want a great experience. Roof bar is good, and the german guy running it very friendly and helpful , it gets very busy up there so go early at weekends to get your spot. Rooms clean, modern, although not that big for standard ones
food ok, we had brunch on Good Friday and they kep the adults entertained with good food and bubbly, and the kids entetrtaine with various activities. There were lots of kids running around, but it is Easter weekend so what do you expect and all very well behaved.
Overall , lovely place, def worth just a one night . i would like to stay in room 1506 or either side over the GP F1 weekend fir a view of the race ......but somehow dont think i can afford GP weekend prices, perhaps i can be a mystery shopper for you that weekend .
Would i go back - hell yeah

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Dear IanHay,

Thank you for sharing your quick review on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you with us here on Yas Island and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed here for my second time last weekend and yet again, it didn't disappoint. The experience of staying in the Yas Viceroy is similar to staying in some sort of luxury, extraterrestrial mothership. The service at reception, the restaurant (Noodle Box), breakfast area and the hotel, in general, was very good. The rooms in the hotel are amazing, unlike anything I have experienced before and the views across the spectacular Abu Dhabi F1 track are a sight to behold. I will definitely be coming back to relax on the rooftop pool in the near future. The only negative point that I will raise was the appalling service on the rooftop Skylite bar. The latter was horrendously understaffed and the barmen were too busy trying to impress women with their cocktail making skills. I waited 20 minutes for one drink!!! However, I won't let that experience take away from the overall stay. Enjoy...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Rob B,

Thank you for your review about Yas Viceroy.

I am delighted to read your comments and that you enjoyed the experience at our hotel. On the other hand, I will review with our team in Food & Beverage to ensure we have sufficient colleagues to service our guests swiftly at all times.

In the mean time I very much hope to welcome you back very soon to Yas Island.