“Pleasant stay from start to finish”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
dubai
“Pleasant stay from start to finish”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Our daughter surprised us by booking a night stay for the weekend at this gorgeous place in Yas island. The first sight of deluxe room was stunning and clear stand out from all the hotels i have stayed in my life. The Espa was absolutely relaxing and all the staff are very caring and pampering the customers. The massage itself was like my once in a life time experience and i am surely coming back to this facility just to relish it once more with my full family as soon we can all get a break. The whole facility is quite an experience and one night stay isn't the time one should allocate for having total fun in a place like this.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and full of view and light.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear richardds,

Thank you for your lovely comments about Yas Viceroy on TripAdvisor. I will certainly share your comments with the team, in particular my colleagues at the ESPA. It is great to read that you felt so well taken care of at the Spa.

I hope to welcome you back soon again to Yas Island.

Oliver Bruns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Here for one amazing night. The room was very modern and well furnished. I had a view of the track, but it was obstructed by the beams that surround the hotel. This didn't bother me at all because there were so many other things to see in and around the property.

I fell in love with the bathroom. I didn't want to leave the shower, but I was told I couldn't say in there forever.

The staff is super friendly and very knowledgeable. The complimentary shuttle service (in a BMW) to the beach was a nice touch.

The club inside the hotel is a very popular spot on the island and was also a good time. I'm a huge fan of the hop on/hop off bus tour and they have a stop right in front of the hotel.

Everything about this short stay was perfect!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Feelinbeachy43,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to read of your experience at the hotel and thank you for posting your wonderful photos.

I hope that you will visit us soon again - maybe for a longer visit.

North Carolina
Reviewed 11 May 2013

The hotel was very busy the weekend we stayed - and it took almost and hour to get our room (now 5.30pm). Luckily we got upgraded to a suite which was great - but if I was paying I probably would have been disappointed. Little things such as the dirty balcony and broken door when we came into the room really stand out when a hotel has such as modern contemporary design.

We were staying for a wedding which luckily went until around 2am - because when we got back to our room the nightclub (RUSH) was really pumping and was quite loud in our room and went until around 3.30am.....

I like our stay - but not somewhere I would recommend you go to for relaxation - better for a loud party weekend.

Room Tip: Marina wing facing the water not the track
Dear Leyla76,

Thank you for sharing your brief review of Yas Viceroy.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding overall, of course it is concerning to read your comments about the balcony door as well as the noise.

I would like to share with you that we will be replacing all of the hotel's balcony doors later this year in order to alleviate this problem. This should also improve the sound insulation to some extent.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed at the Yas Viceroy over the May bank holiday weekend and had a great time.

Room:-
Deluxe suite was large, modern, bright, clean with a huge bed and fab bathroom with a large powerful shower and separate bath.
Only negative was that there was not enough hanging space for clothes and there needed to be hooks or somewhere to hang towels in the bathroom - had to either leave them hanging over the bath or on the floor. Also, no plug point near the mirror in the bedroom which was frustrating when you wanted to dry your hair. Hairdryer is poor - not very powerful.

Staff:-
All excellent - friendly, helpful and plentiful

Restaurants/bars:-
Buffet breakfast is good - lots of choice
Amici - the italian restaurant is nice but nothing special particularly
Angar - the indian restaurant was excellent - lovely food.
Skylight - great bar underneath the light canopy - good atmosphere and music.
Rush - didn't go - tried to on the Friday night but they wanted to see our passports and we couldn't be bothered to go back to our room to get them so just went back to the Skylight bar.

Pool:
The family pool was busy and quite loud so we spent our time at the adults only pool which was lovely with good staff at Longitude. However, there aren't that many sun loungers so if the hotel is busy I suspect you may miss out.

Spa: Great - brilliant massage and lovely ambience

Noise:
Planes go overhead reasonably regularly - we didn't mind this at all but if you don't like any noise then this is not the hotel for you.
Circuit: the circuit was only being used for one of the nights we were there and so it was quite loud that evening but again it didn't bother us and we enjoyed watching the cars race around for a bit.
We didn't hear any noise from the bars from our room.

Overall, this is a good hotel - the staff are great, the food is good, the pools are lovely. Put a plug point near a mirror, some hooks in the bathroom, a better hairdryer and some more sun loungers out on the roof deck and it would be fabulous.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Dear SheffJK,

Thank you for your detailed review of all the areas at Yas Viceroy.

You mentioned some very detailed comments and we will review internally. In particular, your comment about additional hooks in the bathrooms as well as regarding a plug close to the sink will be reviewed with our technical team.

You will be pleased to hear that we will be purchasing a large number of additional sun loungers in the coming two months and those will be allow us to cope with even large numbers of guests around pool.

Overall, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

NSW
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Very beautiful and ultra modern hotel. The rooms are a very good size and the bathroom large and modern BUT I felt as if it was a bit too "spage age". At one point I felt as if I was in a sci fi movie walking down long white corridors. The breakfast was fantastic the service was amazing and of course you are right next to the race track. The roof top bar and pool are really nice as well.If you like modern, sleek and clean then you will love this place. It is stunning but I had mixed feelings.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear KazNsw,

Thank you for sharing your balanced review on Yas Viceroy. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Yas Viceroy certainly boasts a provocative design and it is good to see that it remains the discussion piece it is meant to be. The architect team surely were far ahead of the times when designing this amazing building.

I hope to welcome you back soon again to Yas Island.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

A group of us attended the Grand Prix in November 2012 and felt it was a must to go into the viceroy. We spent a Friday afternoon there and thoroughly enjoyed the Friday brunch. It truly was the best food any of us had ever had. The selection was second to none and if you haven't tried about 8 different types of caviar with colours ranging from green to orange then you haven't lived! It was absolutely fantastic you will not be disappointed with the food. I have to say the restaurant staff were not the best we had encountered but still very helpful. The one and only thing that let it down was the crappy tables and chairs we had. It looked and felt like they had brought a job lot from habitat or ikea cheap plasticky things, horrible. But the food was the best ever and made up for the uncomfortable furniture. You must try the Friday brunch - fantastic.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Lesley R,

Thank you for sharing your review about our Origins Restaurant on TripAdvisor.

Of course, I am delighted to read your comments overall, although I am sorry to see your view on the furniture of the restaurant. I will review this with our team and see how this can be changed. I am also sharing your comments about the colleagues in Origins and I will continue to invest in learning & development to ensure all colleagues offer stellar service.

I hope that we will welcome you back soon again to Yas Viceroy.

Riyadh
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I would like to personally recommend this Hotel. My husband and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary there on 23 April 2013. As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with the most helpful Receptionist who informed us we had got an upgrade. The Grand Suite was pure luxury and they had even provided a congratulations cake. Our room had a balcony the whole way round the suite and it looked onto the Formula One Racing Track. I have never stayed in a more luxurious hotel, or been treated by staff the way we were. The toiletries in the bathroom were a gorgeous smell and bath salts were supplied for the large oval free standing bath. At the pool area were were provided with nice clean towels and also little wet hand towels to freshen up. In the afternoon we were given ice lollies. All the little finishing touches made this stay spectacular. We had breakfast in the morning and I have never seen a choice like it - everything you could imagine was there and the fresh ambiance of the dining room was beautiful. I also stayed in the Atlantis during my trip but to tell you the truth the Yas Viceroy was a far better hotel both in price, accommodation & food. I will definitely return and highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Can't wait to go and stay in one of the other Viceroy Hotels in other parts of the world. I would like to say a big THANK YOU to the staff of the Viceroy Hotel for making our stay a very memorable one :)

Room Tip: All rooms in the Yas Viceroy have perfect views of the Formula One Race Track and are very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear saradiab65,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor and congratulations on your 10th wedding anniversary.

It was a true pleasure to have you with us at Yas Viceroy and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your Yas Grand Suite. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed both the offerings in our suites, but also the service aspect around our pools and in the restaurants.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.