“Excellent Hotel with a great view of the marina and the F1 racetrack.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #3 of 131 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Bengaluru, India
“Excellent Hotel with a great view of the marina and the F1 racetrack.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

We were a group and this was organised by one of the brands. Its an awesome hotel.. Location I cant say much about as I'm not too familiar with the area and spent most of the day in the hotel. The service and rooms were great and so are the restaurants. The F1 race track passes through the hotel so im sure its a great place to stay during the Abu Dhabi Formula 1 race.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Dear prashtrav,

It was a pleasure to have you with us at Yas Viceroy and thank you for sharing your review. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Oliver Bruns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Yas Viceroy is a brilliant place. We landed late at night and the check in staff were brilliant in getting us to our room ASAP. Once we walked in we almost fell over at the site of the room, it was modern, big, clean and the bed was massive. The food at the buffett breakfast was really nice and the dinner wasn't too bad. Overall a brilliant place to stay and very close to yas water world, Ferrari world.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank sunnyjim007
Dear sunnyjim007,

Thank you for sharing your review. It was pleasure to have you here with us at Yas Viceroy. I am happy to read that you also enjoyed Yas Waterworld and Ferrari World nearby and I hope that you will be back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Hubby picked this hotel as he is a F1 fan, so his eyes nearly fell out of his head when he could see the track & Ferrari world for our hotel room. The room was ultra-modern, extremely spacious with King bed, bath & remote control for nearly everything. We spent a whole day at the quite pool with the best service – refreshing towels, cold water, apples & even icy poles given complimentary during our pool side stay. I had my birthday during our stay and was spoilt with a white rose and a birthday cake and what seemed like every staff member wishing me Happy Birthday! ( Please note that they noticed my birthday from my passport). The staff are so attentive, huge selection at breakfast and room service is fast & efficient. We had no issues with noise, there were some cars on the circuit but only during the day, our balcony doors didn’t open but I had also already read that on TA. This is true a 5 star hotel with great service and no pretentiousness. The only grip we could come up with is the staff at the concierge on the two occasions we asked for information let the rest of the staff & service down. Currently in Dubai at another 5 star hotel (apparently) and missing the YAS Viceroy..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank GloriaC140
Dear GloriaC140,

Thank you for sharing your kind review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite your experience with our concierge. I will certainly review this so that we can do better in future. May I also once again wish you a belated happy birthday!

I hope to welcome you back soon and remain with kind regards,

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

I was in this place to attend a business meeting. This is located in yas island next to the formula one track. This hotel was full of comfort, big rooms with a breakfast buffet with a great selection . There are many Sri Lankans working there too. However, this is located away from the city and it is not a ideal place for somebody who enjoys shopping .

• Stayed July 2012
Dear mahesh9910,

Thank you for sharing your brief thoughts about Yas Viceroy.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

doha
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

When looking at various websites for what was supposed to be an enjoyable relaxing stay in a hotel with a beach, I booked a weekend at the Yas Viceroy. The website has this amazing and enticing photo of the beach with sun loungers on it and a statement that it has access to the beach. I arrived at this supposed to be 5 star hotel by taxi and had no bell boys or reception help me with my luggage. This is a first in the Middle East where you normally have staff on hand to help you and meet you. Possibly it was a little hot for the staff on that day. I was then assisted by a very helpful lady to check in, but the hotels access to their bank credit line was down and I was refused access to my room for a very long 30min check in. The room is large and nice but the balcony doors were locked and you need a masters degree in electronics to operate the overly complicated lighting control system which leaves you little choice but to brave the bathroom in the dark should you wish to you this after you have gone to bed for fear of opening curtains or switching on all the lights. There was not internet on the first night, and a very poor strength the next day. We had to move to another room. There is no beach linked to the hotel, and you need to take a bus to a beach that only opens after 10. So no early am swims. Very misleading indeed as the website implies that this hotel has a beach. When complaining, the duty manager referred me to some fine print on the website with no apology. The hotel layout is complicated with the chances of getting lost good. I would only stay here for the gran prix, as Abu Dhabi has much better to offer. Unfortunately, I will never stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank davidevil
Dear davidevil,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Yas Viceroy.

I am obviously very concerned with many of your observations and I will review this with our team. We will take the necessary steps to address all the service related matters you outlined.

On the note of the beach, I will have the beach image removed from our website and continue to keep the beach listing within the "Things to do" on Yas Island in order to be 100% transparent.

Although contrary to your review, I do hope that you will visit us again as I am sure we can deliver a wonderful experience and please do not hesitate to contact me via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I can ensure a flawless stay for you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for one night as we were visiting family in Dubai but wanted to go to Yas Waterworld and see a bit of Abu Dhabi. The hotel is stunning and so much grander than any picture could make it look. 90% of all the restaurants, shops and bars are all in the main lobby which is nice and convenient. We ate in the buffet restaurant called Origins which was beautiful and as we had an Entertainer voucher it was extremely good value. We used the rooftop quiet pool facilities and had a nice and reasonably priced cocktail, room was huge, with a great view of the circuit and marina. Shake the balcony door wouldn't open but can't really complain as we knew this from Trip Advisor when booking. We also went for drinks in Rush which is a nice bar/club situated on a bridge above the F1 track and drinks were BOGOFF which we didn't expect but were extremely happy about. Also asked for an Iron to be brought to the room and it was there within 2 min, delivered by a very nice gentleman.
Would go back here in a heartbeat and stay a couple days longer :)
Thank you to all staff at viceroy especially the amazing chefs who helped expand my waistline.

2 Thank Rossmackay7
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Rossmackay7,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us - and I truly hope that you will be back soon to Yas Viceroy.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

I m not saying the room was not good. At all the room was very nice. But I d like to make comments about few points. Actually when a customer spend 500 euro for a night and mainly for a wedding anniversary, you expect a lot. In fact we can say the balcony was not usable as it was sooooo dirty. The resto we went had, the table had a kitchen view and so was very unpleasant and noisy. The b fast place was quite dirty and during the night we could hear a car running on the race track till midnight. Which for us is not an issue at all but a lot of kids were in the hotel and I think the 10pm rule for not making noise after works for all. Incl the car on the race track.
It is all the time small points but at the end when you come I an hotel and ask and pay for a 5 stars service. You expect to get it unless the hotel cannot deal with the luxury level they advertise.
At the end when we asked for our car after our check out, we had to wait for it for more or less 1hour. As I was very upset about it I went by myself to the valet parking place and take my key and pick up my car , I could see a lot of keys mixed all together without proper selection and a min of organization. Reason why I take a lot of time to get a car. Obviously I was faster and more efficient than the hotel valet parking men. I found my keys and took my car in few min.
By the way we went to eat in the park inn and we got after eating our car in 2 minutes ...... When a 3 stars hotel does better than a 5 one.
But the 500 euro spent were a 5 stars bill .... For sure not our best wedding anniversary we had ....

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jeanpaulcalderan
Dear jeanpaulcalderan,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I am terribly sorry to read that your experience did not go well in so many ways and I would like to apologize sincerely for what should have been a wonderful anniversary visit.

I would very much appreciate you contacting me via email at yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I could discuss this further with you.