“Luxurious. Perfect base for exploring Yas Island”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Luxurious. Perfect base for exploring Yas Island”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Luxurious and very comfortable and a great base from which to explore the growing number of attractions on Abu Dhabi's Yas Island: Ferrari World, Yas Waterworld etc.
The hotel and attractions are conveniently located close to Abu Dhabi International Airport (during my visit getting off the plane to getting into my room took 40 minutes).
Travelling from Australia to Europe, stopping here is a great way to break the long flight and let your body clock adjust.

Room Tip: Can't imagine there is a bad room in this hotel but it is a bit of a trek to the marina wing (an...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nigel B
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Nigel B,

Thank you for posting such a great review that highlights the fabulous location of Yas Viceroy and its proximity to many of Abu Dhabi’s tremendous attractions. I was delighted to read that your journey from the airport to your room was swift, which is always appreciated after a long flight.
I hope to be able to host you again at Yas Viceroy.

Oliver Bruns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Highlands Scotland
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We managed to secure a booking here in advance of Eid dates being announced and so were able to secure a bargain.
This hotel is superb, a true millionaire's playground.
Everything very futuristic and luxurious with hints of the racing theme throughout.
We had a view of both the track and the marina from our room and on a Tuesday night they floodlight the track for cyclists and walkers to use, 6-9 pm. You can hire bikes and helmets.
We spend a lovely afternoon at the adults only pool, the family pool was a bit of a zoo. Towels provided, cooling towels mid afternoon and fruit kebab nibbles.
Great view of aircraft taking off from the airport. Noise is not an issue.
We had lunch from the pool snack bar, probably the best club sandwich ever and the chicken and avocado wrap was delicious. All came with tasty French fries.
We ate at the Japanese restaurant and sat at the teppinyaki bar. We had the set menu which was superb. Salad, miso broth, sushi, tempura then choice of chicken or beef, the beef was devine, truely melt in your mouth and could be made more spicy on request. Or chef was called Alamgir was great entertainment and cooked our meal to perfection. Management please note you have a superb member of staff!
Then nice little ice cream treats to finish.
All rooms well appointed, we had no issues with the lighting, great shower.
Breakfast was a true feast, you name it and it was there, no pork licence though so chicken or beef sausage.
Lovely banana smoothie, pancakes freshly made and omelette station , again made to order.
Smooth check out procedure with polite and helpful staff.
I would return in a nanosecond.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear LeSinge77,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough and complimentary review of your recent stay at Yas Viceroy. I was delighted to read that your review included and addressed many of the challenges other guests have faced whilst staying with us. I have shared your feedback with my Kazu colleagues and offered my personal congratulations for taking such fabulous care of you.
To read that you would return in a ‘nanosecond’ is the ultimate compliment and I would be delighted to host you upon your return.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 October 2013

warm and welcoming service, comfortable, clean, and tidy rooms, state of art room furniture, location is very convenient and next to the beach, next to WaterWorld, and Ferrari world (Shuttle services are as well as ticket issuing is also available for these venues in the hotel).
Breakfast is very good swimming pools are very clean... simply; it was a incredible and wonderful stay for the best value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Samer_Ibrahim,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review of your recent stay at Yas Viceroy. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to make the most of the wonderful Yas Island attractions.
I hope to be able to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Wow wow wow - what an amazing hotel. Situated on Yas Island looping over the formula 1 track. We paid £145 per night including breakfast, worth every penny. The hotel looks incredible, the rooms are really big and a view of the track and the marina! Everything very modern in the rooms - massive bathrooms! Free wifi too and the valet service was fantastic. A short walk to the group of hotels at the base of Yas Island (decent bars for Nightlife) and only a short 5 min cab ride to Ferrari World and Yas Waterworld. Ate at the Noodle restaurant in the hotel - expensive but worth every single penny. Breakfast buffet was good, disappointed you had to pay if you wanted a cappuccino! Overall though one of the best hotels we have stayed in, stunning rooms and views! Helps that I am a big formula 1 fan. Would love to come at Grand Prix time but it would be just unaffordable.PS - go to the roof bar (Skylite I think), great atmosphere and just a really cool bar!

Room Tip: Marina view - there is 2 pools in the hotel. The quiet pool is in the marina wing! I would imagine a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Dave P,

I always enjoy sharing wonderful reviews, such as yours, with the colleagues here at Yas Viceroy. I was delighted to read that your experience was a memorable one and that you consider us to be one of the best hotels in which you have ever stayed.
It would be my great honour to host you again at Yas Viceroy, should the opportunity arise.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel wonderful. Rooftop pools fab with excellent service of iced water and iced towels as you sun yourself. Rooms lovely. Restaurants in hotel were so good hard to choose where to dine. Food very good. Breakfast fantastic staff so helpful and attentive.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Umichele,

I am delighted that we were able to provide you with a memorable stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Yas Viceroy.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

What a hotel! We arrived in the morning from a 16hr flight from London on our way home to Australia..we arrived at the Hotel at 9:15am....we knew we were early and had to wait. The morning manager was very efficient but also very understanding and I apologized for being early and understood our room would not be ready. This gentleman took our particulars and informed me our room was ready if we wished to freshen up, they took our bags up then we were shown around this fine hotel....it was stinking hot outside and a glass of orange juice was produced whilst he showed us his hotel. It was really nice to be treated this way as a customer and as a tired client.
Our room was facing the marina...underneath us was the F1 race track and we were 4 stories up and our room was big, modern and brilliant!
This Hotel and it's staff were always a pleasure from the ADULT POOL to the ice blocks, cold drinks, cool towels and views to the restaurants especially the Italian restaurant where we ate twice and was treated like old friends as the staff remembered our names.
I was totally blown away when at 6:30pm the 2nd day I was there at knock on our door and stood a waiter with a tray of a chocolate birthday cake and a bottle of red wine with two plates, two glasses and a genuine smile from the compliments of the staff and Management wishing me a Happy Birthday! I was so surprised as I thought my wife set this up and she denied it...it was the Hotel Management and staff....to this day I still don't know how they knew!! It was a birthday I'll never forget for a long time and I shall remember it every time I stay in a Viceroy Hotel again. The cake was magnificent....the detail in design was excellent and the taste was even sweeter of my 62 years of age...mind you a couple of pounds too!
I cannot say to much about this Hotel...it's service to us was what traveling is all about...makes you feel welcome and your the client. I wish the Management and staff the very best...keep doing what you do as you do it very very well...that is looking after your customers.

Room Tip: Must stay the Marina side but the first building and not the 2nd building...it's just you don...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Aundry W B,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. With great delight I have shared your wonderful feedback with all the colleagues here at Yas Viceroy. We are continually striving to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am delighted that on this occasion we were able to.
It would be my great pleasure to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Fabulous Hotel with great rooms and amenities. The F1 track and Marina around the Hotel makes it unique. I stayed for two nights and thoroughly recommend this hotel. A great choice of restaurants and two swimming pools to choose from.
I just wish I could have stayed there for the F1 Grand Prix in November.
The Deluxe rooms are swish and modern, beautifully designed and very large. The suites are supposed to be amazing. One criticism though - some of the facilities were not open, The Skylight Bar being one, which was disappointing. There didn't seem to be any apparent reason for it's closure either. It was due to re-open a few days after I left. The other Bar I found had very loud Arabic music being sung by a local which was not fully in-tune with all guests needs.
The were quite a few kids running around the place, but the hotels near vicinity to Ferrari World makes this inevitable. A great stop over place ( I was between flights from the Seychelles and London) as just minutes from the Airport -just a 25 AED taxi ride. The Taxi drivers are never happy to take you there though - as they queue at the airport hoping for an Abu Dhabi City fare, not a cheap local one. So get in the Taxi first, then tell them where you want to go to. In all a great hotel to stay at unless you need to get to Abu Dhabi city.

Room Tip: Marina rooms are quite a distance from Main Central Building of the hotel. Try and stay in Main Buil...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear shelliey,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive review of your recent stay at Yas Viceroy. Whilst I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, I am sorry that you faced some challenges with our leisure options. Due to the extreme weather in Abu Dhabi and rooftop location of Skylite, we do not offer it as a year round venue for our guests. We always strive to have numerous and varied entertainment options available and I am sorry that on this occasion the entertainment was not to your liking.
It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.